Was Far Too Rash And Dangerous A Tackle From Arfield On The Goalie.......

tannerall

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Good post mate, I know what you're saying but I think he would stick to his guns rather than have the arseholes in the press slaughtering him for changing his mind (funny how Rodgers never got slaughtered for doing it)

You seen Gerrards reaction at full time today, an interview shortly after that his adrenaline will still be pumping, so you're correct it is too soon to give thoughts on decisions etc.

👍

True mate .... might be something to do with him being  new to management .... shrewdness  will come to him in time I've no doubt ... perhaps some of the more experienced members of his group will advise him on such things ..... just a minor issue really .... but as you imply .... we are dealing with utter snakes up here and any edge we can glean from an incident .... we should to the best of our ability try to get something out of it.

:UK:

1 minute ago, Bobby Hume said:

👍

True mate .... might be something to do with him being  new to management .... shrewdness  will come to him in time I've no doubt ... perhaps some of the more experienced members of his group will advise him on such things ..... just a minor issue really .... but as you imply .... we are dealing with utter snakes up here and any edge we can glean from an incident .... we should to the best of our ability try to get something out of it.

:UK:

We have plenty experts on here that Stevie only needs to pick the phone up and message mate.

Fucking right, fight dirty because every other cunt does up here including the SFA.

It was a red card. He isn't particularly out of control with the tackle, but he was at least a full second beyond the point where it would still be acceptable to make a challenge. He has committed to the tackle after keeper had the ball under control. It's not the wrecklessness, but the unacceptable lateness of that challenge. He is about 13-14yrds away at the time the keeper makes the 2nd save and still 6-7yrds away by the point I'd say it was still acceptable to challenge. 

I don't know what he was thinking in going for it tbh. There was nothing there to win by the time he committed and it has to go down as e tupidity that could have cost us.

We have been on the wrong end of some poor red cards, but that wasn't one of them.

9 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They did, but as you say that was St Brendan and the scum. The chances of us winning an appeal after Gerrard says Arfield was culpable are next to none imo. Maybe that's para, but just don't see it being parity in treatment.

Think all he would need to do is say he hadn't seen the different replays etc at that point 

10 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye I do, pity you don’t. 

He never at anytime tried to hurt the keeper to get to the ball. It was a yellow card all day long, pity that too many of us fall for the media bias. 

So now it's gone from "never in danger" to "never tried to hurt the keeper".  The lack of intent doesn't mean it's not a red.

Looks like Gerrard has also fallen for the media bias....

The keeper clutching at his face does not help the situation and makes the ref more inclined (do they need more of a reason??) to issue a straight red.  On appeal, I think it would be reduced to a yellow.

He was obligated to go for the ball and risk the yellow/red card.  If the keeper had not got the ball under control, it's a goal so quite entitled to go in but with the risk that he could receive the yellow.  The way he "celebrated", I think he knew he was going to be in trouble though.

20 minutes ago, MikeBlue said:

So now it's gone from "never in danger" to "never tried to hurt the keeper".  The lack of intent doesn't mean it's not a red.

Looks like Gerrard has also fallen for the media bias....

So has the other Ref fallen foul of the media bias as well??

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Stone wall red for me. If it had happened to McGregor RM would be looking for custodial sentence to be handed out. 

Shocked anyon thinks it’s a red, but if there’s appetite for it then why not appeal. Stranger things have happened. 

I'd be looking for a yellow tbh unless studs were up or the player went to do our keeper.

Still not sure if you actually think it's a red 😂

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd be looking for a yellow tbh unless studs were up or the player went to do our keeper.

Still not sure if you actually think it's a red 😂

Sorry, still rough from the weekend :lol:

Red for me, shocked people think it’s a yellow. But fuck it, why not appeal. 

4 hours ago, Carsons Dog said:

It was a goal all day long.

Ball was on the ground and there to be won.

Robbed again.

Hopefully appeal it today.

Best case scenario

Retrospective goal awarded

Score was 3-1

We beat taigs by one goal of goal difference to win league

It was dangerous play and he deserved to be sent off in my opinion. 

He’s not a dirty player, and for me showed good commitment albeit poor judgement going for the ball. It’s just one of those things. I’d not seek to change Arfield or pull him up for it. 

7 hours ago, giffnockger said:

Thought he got the ball... just kidding, surely no one can defend him, imagine the other way around and someone did that to Shagger wow

It may happpen and no red will be shown

Geegs is clever that way although he can't control the ref