***Official Rangers v Aberdeen Thread***

G.E.C.

3 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Good shout. Be huge media outcry as zero chance of downgrade given the circumstances.  Looked god awful at the time.  

The taigs have done it before to free up player for important game knowing full well the appeal would come to nothing. I don't see why we shouldn't try it. 

Personally I thought it was a straight red. But the BT ref was saying yellow. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see a routine victory here, Aberdeen have been jmy bastards against us this season and can see us slamming at least 3 past them.

Shagger

Tav, Goldson , Katic, Halliday

Jack, McCrorie, Ejaria 

Grezda, Middleton 

Morelos 

The beauty right now is we have players in the bench who can change things for us and can see a few getting a shot when we have this one by 2 goals or more 

3-0 to the famous 

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Worrall Barisic

Jack McCrorie Ejaria

Candeias Morelos Grezda

Side note, where's Rossiter gone again? I know we're taking it slow with him but he's been in no squad or even that youth game today. Can only guess he's gotten injured again... 

5 hours ago, Amokachi said:

Barasic didn’t even make the bench yesterday.  

More questions than answers with him unfortunately. 

Played 45 minutes for the reserves today, can't see Gerrard starting him on Wednesday, probably on the bench, but stranger things have happened. 

Looking at the starting lineups from last years fixture (3-0) at roughly the same time, we should be expecting to beat them comfortably. 

Looking at that squad makes me feel a lot better about where we are right now. Even with that team and a couple of shit results in December, we were still feeling pretty optimistic about going into the old firm after the winter break. 

Screenshot_20181204-010959.png

18 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Looking at the starting lineups from last years fixture (3-0) at roughly the same time, we should be expecting to beat them comfortably. 

Looking at that squad makes me feel a lot better about where we are right now. Even with that team and a couple of shit results in December, we were still feeling pretty optimistic about going into the old firm after the winter break. 

Screenshot_20181204-010959.png

Fucking hell, that team is so pish it's unreal, the fact that Tavernier and Jack are the only two still in our starting eleven says it all :lol:

And Aberdeen still lost 3-0, total shitebags.

9 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Fucking hell, that team is so pish it's unreal, the fact that Tavernier and Jack are the only two still in our starting eleven says it all :lol:

And Aberdeen still lost 3-0, total shitebags.

Bit of a false dawn for us that game.

Can remember driving back from it thinking that's us going to hit a bit of form at Ibrox. 

Literally couldn't give a fuck how many goals we score, as long as we win. Just WIN. 

Really hope the players don't have the same complacency that the fans seem to have gotten into our heads. We have not beaten Aberdeen this season. They may be shite, we may have deserved to beat them the last 2 games - but we didn't. We need to go out with the mindset that we want to murder them tomorrow. 

Every single game is crucial. The pressure on the players is huge now. If we can go on an unbeaten run before the game against the filth on the 29th it will be unbelievable, but I fully believe we have the team (and squad) to do it. 

12 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Literally couldn't give a fuck how many goals we score, as long as we win. Just WIN. 

Really hope the players don't have the same complacency that the fans seem to have gotten into our heads. We have not beaten Aberdeen this season. They may be shite, we may have deserved to beat them the last 2 games - but we didn't. We need to go out with the mindset that we want to murder them tomorrow. 

Every single game is crucial. The pressure on the players is huge now. If we can go on an unbeaten run before the game against the filth on the 29th it will be unbelievable, but I fully believe we have the team (and squad) to do it. 

The thing that's annoying me the now is the amount on here and FF who seem to be starting to talk about the 29th. Thats miles away and will probably have only a small bearing of what happens come May.

Last season not beating the taigs didn't stop us winning the league. It was the dropped points and inconsistency against everyone else.

17 hours ago, Broxi said:

Side note, where's Rossiter gone again? I know we're taking it slow with him but he's been in no squad or even that youth game today. Can only guess he's gotten injured again... 

Gerrard said in his press conference that Rossiter is available. He just has to fight for his place.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

The thing that's annoying me the now is the amount on here and FF who seem to be starting to talk about the 29th. Thats miles away and will probably have only a small bearing of what happens come May.

Last season not beating the taigs didn't stop us winning the league. It was the dropped points and inconsistency against everyone else.

Agree mate. Wish people would take it a game at a time, every game this month is equally important in a way to the game on 29th.

As Walter said, the league isn't won through Old Firm games.

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

No matter how often one game at a time is rightly mentioned, folk start taking games for granted and looking at a guaranteed x points from x games, or as you say look way ahead to the scum game.

Archived