***Official Rangers v Aberdeen Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, evenstevens said:

I think on your final point, you have to say well done Killie. Just going about their business picking up points. 

Other than that,  gutted we didn't take advantage tonight. 2 games against that shite, they've had 2 chances and scored both and just sat in, won free kicks and killed the games. Just brutal.

There is no argument from me on the performance tonight, we were shit, outfought, and couldn't break them down.

Not the end of the world though, and yeah Killie have played well and just plodded along with barely any recognition.

Just now, gogzy said:

There is no argument from me on the performance tonight, we were shit, outfought, and couldn't break them down.

Not the end of the world though, and yeah Killie have played well and just plodded along with barely any recognition.

Killie are doing well but their lofty position is due to how bad us and the scum are 

We’ve dropped 15 points already and for the first time look vulnerable at home as well as away 

12 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We have been tactically out thought but aberdeen for a while now, tonight no exception. Gerrard never learned his lesson AGAIN

Utter pish.

Simples. We were out muscled by average players against some average shrinking violets.

There wasn't a lot of self belief out there.

Morelos was an absolute disgrace.

Flanagan, Coulibaly and Eljara are fucking horrendous and should remain benched forever. 

Misplaced passes. Poor movement off the ball. Too long on the ball. Constant back passing and so on.

The sheep got away with murder, whilst we are carded for just breathng.

With average players and particularly those none too physical, comes inconsistency. The team is not over gofted with ability. However we do have a few that aint too bad. 

We got out muscled and just couldn't get into our stride. We have no enforcer. No midfield general. No creativity from midfield. No leader on the park and need a decent striker who can stay on the park for 90 minutes.

The inconsistency will persist until some better quality arrives.

Live with it.

Just now, Scottyarf37 said:

Mate who selected 2 defensive mids and one central mid? 

Who selected the defensively minded Flanagan? 

Who left Mprelos up front himself.

Who out of the 50,000 in the stadium couldnt see Morelos was getting sent off. 

Who knew we would keep trying to cross to no one that can head a ball? 

Who seen we were getting beat in the midfield battle? 

Thats Tactics....thats out thinking your opponents with inferior  players. 

Who knew they wanted an early goal then sit in and defend?  Even with ten men they sat in.

90% of teams coming here are lokking to do the same. We should have a plan for it.

Call it plan A

You've listed half a dozen things you think Gerrard has done wrong and then said that's Mcinnes outhinking him with inferior players? Whit?

Also not sure what game you were watching if you think we lost a battle in midfield, particularly in the 2nd half.

There was no urgency in the play and the ball wasn't being moved around enough to try and create gaps in Aberdeen's defence. Neither of us know but I highly doubt Gerrard asked the players to tactically keep the ball moving slowly with no intent to create.

I'm as pissed off about the performance as anyone, but the blame lies with the players for me and not Gerrard. Combination of lack of quality and lack of courage. Particularly in Middleton's case when it comes to courage as that was arguably as big of a shitebag performance a player has ever put in for us. The boy is lost.

Just now, gogzy said:

Well said Gogzy.

Strange how only the odd few of us can see the reality of the situation.

Yes, it hurt tonight, but it's not as if we're bottom of the league.

13 minutes ago, DC76 said:

Maclean's a fuckin wank of a ref anaw,they could have been to 8or 9 if he'd been consistent,blue tinted glasses aside

Shinnie should have walked for the tackle on McAuley and their diving and time wasting was ridiculous,4 mins added,they spent more than 4 minutes trying to make McKenna look pretty ffs and why did his legs stop working wi a cut mouth,it stopped our momentum at that time.

5 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Fancy them to get something at Tattie Dome Saturday as well. 

22 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Apart from mcgeregor we have no leaders on the park, and for the second game in a row mcinnes has mugged Gerrard and made him look like a proper rookie manager, our discipline and consistency is shocking. Always get the feeling we have an empty performance in us every few games. Simply nowhere near good enough. 

Post of the night

15 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

This is the biggest load of bollox ever.  We need to rotate given our schedule and Gerrard made changes early.  Tonight is on the players, not Gerrard - he done what he could.

Rotate my arse. Halliday and Grezda have barely played! 

Rotating would be dropping Tav, Mo or Candeias who have played loads. Not dropping Halliday and Grezda. 

Gerrard and the players to blame but I'm blaming Gerrard for his selection.

2 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Well said Gogzy.

Strange how only the odd few of us can see the reality of the situation.

Yes, it hurt tonight, but it's not as if we're bottom of the league.

To be fair, it's hard to look forward with hope after sitting through that pish tonight :lol:

Just trying to be pragmatic

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Shinnie should have walked for the tackle on McAuley and their diving and time wasting was ridiculous,4 mins added,they spent more than 4 minutes trying to make McKenna look pretty ffs and why did his legs stop working wi a cut mouth,it stopped our momentum at that time.

Mclean is a waster of a ref . He is not the worst but I can't remember any game with him being the ref , where we have played fluent football and won

He is a weak ref in that players can easily fool him with the black arts of the game ,

I dread getting him in a OF games as any diving from the opposition will get us in to trouble every time

Archived