***Official Rangers v Aberdeen Thread***

G.E.C.

21 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

exactly . Tav was shockingly poor tonight

Nobody had a great game but I thought he was one of our better performers.

Rarely lost the ball, played probably the best ball of the match for Morelos' chance that he ballooned over, and was trying to drive us on towards the end of the match winning the corner from a pass he had no right to get to.

Shockingly poor compared to some of the others is OTT

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't normally do this on a night like tonight .

However , the positive . The scum are not running away from us and better sides  all round this year are keeping things competitive

After tonight , we should realise our shortcomings , However the goal should be to stay close to the beggars until New year . Unlike all the seasons previously

After new year , there are loads of games still to play and still 2 more OF games , Miles of football still to be played

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Rarely lost the ball, played probably the best ball of the match for Morelos' chance that he ballooned over, and was trying to drive us on towards the end of the match winning the corner from a pass he had no right to get to.

As a captain, he looked clueless and totally drained of any ability to motivate the team. 

As is the norm McGregor takes up that mantle. 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fair comment but it's how I seen him . He should not be taking every corner and set piece . He is just dire

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

There was an incident outside the gates at the Broomloan after full time, anybody know what happened? 

In a FF thread titled To The Young Team/UB

Who just felt the need to boot %^*& out of me, kick my hrad and stamp on it too after the match behind the broomyim sure you're having a good laugh now, and I'm sure you feel staunch as fuch for fucking an old lady's front bottom who deserbed it.

Just so you know...my 15 year old daughter is in pieces....but who cares eh?

I'm sure the polucp will do %^*& all...so you'll be free to be staunch as fuch the next game

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Who just felt the need to boot %^*& out of me, kick my hrad and stamp on it too after the match behind the broomyim sure you're having a good laugh now, and I'm sure you feel staunch as fuch for fucking an old lady's front bottom who deserbed it.

I'm sure the polucp will do %^*& all...so you'll be free to be staunch as fuch the next game

Wit the fuck? 

Walked past a woman and her man standing with a polis and she was in bits. 

3 minutes ago, kanjo said:

As a captain, he looked clueless and totally drained of any ability to motivate the team. 

As is the norm McGregor takes up that mantle

Did it work?

Not being a dick but McGregor ranting and raving didn't seem to have much of an effect either. For what it's worth I like to see McGregor do that but it doesn't mean he should be captain or that Tav needs to be doing it to be a good captain.

Don't understand the criticism he gets sometimes, like I said before he rarely loses the ball both in possession and finding one of our players with a pass, and we're a team filled with cunts who are constantly losing the ball. Defensively he was solid yet again as well, with a very good last man tackle just before McCauley was taken out by Shinnie. No-one deserves loads of praise tonight but I struggle to see how anyone watches that match and doesn't come away seeing he's one of our best players if not the best.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Can’t be that bad if he’s able to post a thread on an Internet forum after being stamped on the head.

Not condoning what happened to him btw.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Did it work?

Not being a dick but McGregor ranting and raving didn't seem to have much of an effect either. For what it's worth I like to see McGregor do that but it doesn't mean he should be captain or that Tav needs to be doing it to be a good captain.

Don't understand the criticism he gets sometimes, like I said before he rarely loses the ball both in possession and finding one of our players with a pass, and we're a team filled with cunts who are constantly losing the ball. Defensively he was solid yet again as well, with a very good last man tackle just before McCauley was taken out by Shinnie. No-one deserves loads of praise tonight but I struggle to see how anyone watches that match and doesn't come away seeing he's one of our best players if not the best.

It's not his job to be a captain but over the last few weeks I'd say it has worked well for certain players, Halliday especially.  What he is doing is what Tav should be doing.  A captain is there to motivate and lead the team which I don't see if the team is struggling.

I noticed against Motherwell when McAuley was howling instructions to Tav.  This guy was making his first real start for us and within 15 seconds was doing more than what Tav has all season when it comes to instructions and telling the guy we think is a leader what to do.  I

I love him as a player and I'm not going to sit here and take a pop at his ability but we made a big mistake by giving him the armband and nothing has or will change my mind on that one.   I expect a Rangers captain to lead by example and have our players fired up for games like that there tonight but not for the first time we were flat and void of any real leadership going forward.

We were fucking shit tonight and our two biggest failings showed up again: Our ability to defend set pieces and our ability to create through the centre of midfield. Hopefully the former is sorted in the winter break and the latter is sorted in the window.

I really don't understand why in games like this we dont try and double up down the wings and get to the byline and pass across the box. It always seems against these teams we never seem to try and stretch them and get behind them

I know Gerrard answered this in his press conference, but if Morelos and Tavernier do not play well the whole team suffers.

On the positive side, the overall picture still looks good we got a bit of luck that they drew tonight. We were always going to drop points in this December run. Hopefully this is our only loss and I'm confident we'll get back to winning ways again on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

We were fucking shit tonight and our two biggest failings showed up again: Our ability to defend set pieces and our ability to create through the centre of midfield. Hopefully the former is sorted in the winter break and the latter is sorted in the window.

I really don't understand why in games like this we dont try and double up down the wings and get to the byline and pass across the box. It always seems against these teams we never seem to try and stretch them and get behind them

I know Gerrard answered this in his press conference, but if Morelos and Tavernier do not play well the whole team suffers.

On the positive side, the overall picture still looks good we got a bit of luck that they drew tonight. We were always going to drop points in this December run. Hopefully this is our only loss and I'm confident we'll get back to winning ways again on Sunday.

I'll be fairly amazed if we are unbeaten until we play them again at the end of this month

Just back from the gameand I thought the entire team other than mcgregor absolutely bottled it. Top of the league and they shat it to a man. 

Sideways pass, sideways pass, hope somebody else does something good etc etc. Middleton was like a rabbit caught in headlights and frankly embarrassed himself. His only saving grace is he is young.

Our captain couldn't lead a dug for a walk.

So bizarre tonight in so many ways. Learned fuck all from the previous semi, the killie game or the livi away game.

What the fuck were the tactics to begin with, lump the ball up the pitch and hope for the best? Because it was never going to work.

Played into their hands from the 1st minute to the fucking last. They allowed us all the posession in the world and were pathetic in attack.

Did half the team forget how to make runs tonight?! 

Dreading having to rely on Lafferty to do anything for us the next few games. We're fucked if he's the answer.

Absolutely ridiculous and frustrating beyond belief.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Something probably stupid that annoys me is the fact that when we drop points the players are straight up the tunnel but when we play well and get a decent result they canny wait to clap the fans and take praise

Cue the fans were great today posts on instagram after we beat Dundee.

Archived