Tommy Robinson wasn't at the match yesterday.

4 hours ago, Mr Blue HMS said:

Do they still exist? 

I know they were anti immigration, that’s all I know but they isn’t a racist policy though I’ll take your word they may had some

Not actually being a dick but are you being serious about not knowing that the BNP are a racist party?  I thought that was just in the cultural zeitgeist

The BNP previously until a court ruling wouldn't allow people to join based upon ethnicity - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11708934

They have changed their tone from white only to talking about the indigenous population (which btw doesn't really exist due to the history of migration on the islands from the Celts, to Anglo Saxons etc) 

They are genuine racists, hence why i am nervous that TR has some racial prejudices

5 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

Not actually being a dick but are you being serious about not knowing that the BNP are a racist party?  I thought that was just in the cultural zeitgeist

The BNP previously until a court ruling wouldn't allow people to join based upon ethnicity - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11708934

They have changed their tone from white only to talking about the indigenous population (which btw doesn't really exist due to the history of migration on the islands from the Celts, to Anglo Saxons etc) 

They are genuine racists, hence why i am nervous that TR has some racial prejudices

Yes I know they are a racist party and a bunch of halfwits.👍

I was just trying to point out just because your anti something doesn’t make you racist. 

That idiot Morrison is clearly anti Muslim but Islam isn’t a race so he isn’t racist and he is highlighting a part of the Islamic culture to make a point imo.

I think he’s highlighting that all minority’s now seem to do as they like and if challenged they play the race card whilst anybody who speaks up is instantly labelled a racist.

its seems to me the people are gradually being stripped of their right to think and challenge.

We can no longer say what we think. We have to say what the government deems acceptable to think and whilst I’m no fan of TR at least he’s doing something other than capitulating.

35 minutes ago, Mr Blue HMS said:

Yes I know they are a racist party and a bunch of halfwits.👍

I was just trying to point out just because your anti something doesn’t make you racist. 

That idiot Morrison is clearly anti Muslim but Islam isn’t a race so he isn’t racist and he is highlighting a part of the Islamic culture to make a point imo.

I think he’s highlighting that all minority’s now seem to do as they like and if challenged they play the race card whilst anybody who speaks up is instantly labelled a racist.

its seems to me the people are gradually being stripped of their right to think and challenge.

We can no longer say what we think. We have to say what the government deems acceptable to think and whilst I’m no fan of TR at least he’s doing something other than capitulating.

Yeah but there is a clear difference between having reservations about immigration and being outright racist, which they are. Even when you look at their immigration stances it is always in the context of protecting the “indigenous” “homogeneous” population.

I agree on the Islam not being a race however if you join an overtly racist group I am going to look at your condemnation of minorities with more scrutiny.

I always go back to the point that many of the criticism’s TR makes about Islam could easily be applied to Christianity, especially the RCC. He treats Islam as a monolith, which it clearly isn’t. I get he grew up in an area with a high percentage of Muslims and that’s why he will focus on this more, I just feel he reserves a special kind of hatred and contempt for Islam that should be held for the other faiths.

I’ll happily listen to the likes of Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Dawkins etc and agree with the vast majority of their criticisms of Islam. So I am not against hearing the criticism, I just don’t think TR is genuine. 

What is it you feel like you should be able to say but you can’t? I have my issues with Hate speech laws, as I think they could be utilized by the religious to act as a sort of blasphemy law.

9 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

Yeah but there is a clear difference between having reservations about immigration and being outright racist, which they are. Even when you look at their immigration stances it is always in the context of protecting the “indigenous” “homogeneous” population.

I agree on the Islam not being a race however if you join an overtly racist group I am going to look at your condemnation of minorities with more scrutiny.

I always go back to the point that many of the criticism’s TR makes about Islam could easily be applied to Christianity, especially the RCC. He treats Islam as a monolith, which it clearly isn’t. I get he grew up in an area with a high percentage of Muslims and that’s why he will focus on this more, I just feel he reserves a special kind of hatred and contempt for Islam that should be held for the other faiths.

I’ll happily listen to the likes of Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Dawkins etc and agree with the vast majority of their criticisms of Islam. So I am not against hearing the criticism, I just don’t think TR is genuine. 

What is it you feel like you should be able to say but you can’t? I have my issues with Hate speech laws, as I think they could be utilized by the religious to act as a sort of blasphemy law.

I don’t disagree with any of that really other than TR isn’t a racist by opposing Islam.

What do I want to say i cant? It’s not so much that really, it’s the fact that suddenly a completely innocent word used for decades has now suddenly been declared offensive because some arsehole politicians and trying to get the minority vote.

If anybody thinks we have freedom of speech they are mental. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Blue HMS said:

I don’t disagree with any of that really other than TR isn’t a racist by opposing Islam.

What do I want to say i cant? It’s not so much that really, it’s the fact that suddenly a completely innocent word used for decades has now suddenly been declared offensive because some arsehole politicians and trying to get the minority vote.

If anybody thinks we have freedom of speech they are mental. 

Ok so you can see why then i hold reservations around TR? And i think he has some racial prejudices due to his previous associations (You don't have to accept that but it's what i infer from BNP membership)

Such as? Termanology changes, for example, the term Mongoloid idiot used to be a term for somebody with down syndrome, now we would say that term is pretty offensive (and kinda racist actually) so terminology changes and maybe for the better though. I do think there is an issue with outrage culture in general, be that sensationalist news headlines that literally have no connection to the actual story, or just how quickly people are willing to get raging. But honestly, I have no idea how to solve that

The way I see it is that in the past we had alot of terrible racism, sectarianism etc any ism you can imagine. And in response to this people have taken it a bit too far in one direction, but like a pendulum, it will eventually swing back.