SFA to hold summit over refereeing

Brubear

We have had two sending off this season where the referee, nor linesmen have not seen anything but sent our player off regardless. Alfredo at Aberdeen and Daniel at St mirren. 

Sent off on the balance of probability, never heard or seen that before, anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

There is no doubting the SFA is pretty incompetent as well - some daft ideas abound but this concept we are deliberately being picked on is daft. 

I understand you point of view but don't you find it strange that we have been cited by the SFA and others haven't when some of their comments were as critical as ours or in some cases more critical especially Levein. 

I don’t know about biased refs or some rule on not letting us win no matter what, but what I can see is that the refs are egotistical maniacs.  Have you seen the way they go about their business?   Compare that to refs at rugby and you can see why the rugby refs and players get along on the pitch far far better than in football.

the majority of games on a weekly basis end up about the refs performance when it should be the players were talking about.  Penalties outside the box is a complete baffled to me.  The linesman is meant to be inline with the last attacker/defender so how they can’t see is beyond madness. It’s a big white line on a grass pitch, but hard to miss.  We can’t have semi pro officials reffing a professional game

3 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

Which is all very reasonable and I can agree with a lot of that, but....

....how can you take the Candeias sending off, review it in the cold light of day and come to the conclusion they came to and follow it up with charges against the club....whilst absolutely ignoring the likes of Levein?  

That's where it really smacks of "agenda" for many of us.

I think the booking of Candais was stupidly incompetent - a bit like the SFA charges against the club - but for me there is a huge leap between that and ‘an agenda’. 

2 hours ago, Brubear said:

I understand you point of view but don't you find it strange that we have been cited by the SFA and others haven't when some of their comments were as critical as ours or in some cases more critical especially Levein. 

Of course I do - but I just don’t make the leap from stupidity / incompetence to ‘agenda’ or ‘bias’ - one of the issues is no one is ‘transparent’ in these decisions and that leads to this type of griping - the SFA needs to learn how to be transparent in its decision making - that is an institutional failure but not one of anti Rangers positioning 

21 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Of course I do - but I just don’t make the leap from stupidity / incompetence to ‘agenda’ or ‘bias’ - one of the issues is no one is ‘transparent’ in these decisions and that leads to this type of griping - the SFA needs to learn how to be transparent in its decision making - that is an institutional failure but not one of anti Rangers positioning 

I will look at that fair play table again and investigate why we have more cards than every other club in the country.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

But surely treating Rangers differently to other clubs proves "anti Rangers positioning "?

20 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

.. a thread to bring out the paranoid! 

The EPL has some of the best refs in the world and every week MOTD spends half the program discussing refereeing decisions. 

Even VAR at the World Cup ( which helped)   Had many decisions where panels discussed whether the referees VAR aided decision was right.

i think we just need to accept refs are flawed humans, prone to mistakes, and take the Walter Smith view point of you’ve got to be good enough to win no matter the referees performance. It’s that simple. 

fuck up fenian bastard

7 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Everyone doesn’t see the bias - just the paranoid on here. Ask any other supporter if any other team about ref bias - they’ll tell you how ‘they’ get picked on and how we get the majority of the decisions in our favour!!! 

Football is a fast paced sport, refereed by guys that are human and make mistakes - mistakes are random so it can seem at times that more mistakes are applied to one team ( say us) but that’s a long way from any intentional, or unintentional bias.

there are folk on this thread that think that refers have been told to make sure we win nothing - do you really subscribe to that nonsense? 

By your logic we have the fastest team in the country by a country mile, far faster than the celtc snails!

7 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

How long would incompetance and lack of transperency have to occur before you questioned the integrity of their decision making?

40 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Can't remember who said it last year , but the referees in England are full time , working on their trade every day . Ours , on the other hand , are relatively amateur part timers . . . . . .and it shows . 

One of the problems 

2 hours ago, lidorfc said:

How long would incompetance and lack of transperency have to occur before you questioned the integrity of their decision making?

8 hours ago, stfu said:

But surely treating Rangers differently to other clubs proves "anti Rangers positioning "?

6 hours ago, Bears said:

By your logic we have the fastest team in the country by a country mile, far faster than the celtc snails!

Above. All ignored.

The troll ignores the harder questions and chucks in anti bias nonsense that has zero credibility every once in a blue moon.

9 hours ago, lidorfc said:

I already question the SFA decision making - they are an absolutely incompetent organisation but there is no bias ( which is my point) - no bias - no agenda against us - just poor refereeing standards and poor governance. 

9 hours ago, Bears said:

True, though.

Not really - it’s what happens on here pretty often - folk don’t like their arguments debunked and when they realise that they resort to some sort of personal abuse as if that gives their argument more weight and mines less. Pathetic and sad. 

It's the sending off of our players that's been a disgrace, the Morelos offside goal  at hearts and the red card for the sheep player at  ibrox which wasn't , shows you the refs are just hopeless, if we were good enough we wouldn't need to worry about refs ,but we are shite