SFA to hold summit over refereeing

Brubear

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Not really - it’s what happens on here pretty often - folk don’t like their arguments debunked and when they realise that they resort to some sort of personal abuse as if that gives their argument more weight and mines less. Pathetic and sad. 

The world is full of folk like that mate. 

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I already question the SFA decision making - they are an absolutely incompetent organisation but there is no bias ( which is my point) - no bias - no agenda against us - just poor refereeing standards and poor governance. 

I agree that there is no bias in the refereeing. They are just bloody awful. I do have concerns over the decisions made within the corridors of the SFA. Who within that organisation raised the possibility of raising charges on us and who supported it. I take your point about transparency but the lack of it allows such decisions to be taken. It is only media reports regarding summit but if SFA formally announce one I would expect it to be coupled with them dropping the charges against us. I suspect they will wait until after our judgement day next week and then announce a summit. If that happens will you concede there may be an agenda in the corridors of power. The thread has concentrated on referees which was never my point. 

8 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I already question the SFA decision making - they are an absolutely incompetent organisation but there is no bias ( which is my point) - no bias - no agenda against us - just poor refereeing standards and poor governance. 

How do you know there is no bias without transparency? 

You've made two points which don't align.

5 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Knowing a retired professional referee, there are a couple of refs that despise us , but the rest are in his words incompetent

I can chip in here slightly with the linesman who stuffed us up on Sunday.

Let’s just say there’s no way in hell It was some kind of cheating on his behalf. It was a mistake.

On 09/12/2018 at 11:30, loyalfollower said:

I don’t know about biased refs or some rule on not letting us win no matter what, but what I can see is that the refs are egotistical maniacs.  Have you seen the way they go about their business?   Compare that to refs at rugby and you can see why the rugby refs and players get along on the pitch far far better than in football.

the majority of games on a weekly basis end up about the refs performance when it should be the players were talking about.  Penalties outside the box is a complete baffled to me.  The linesman is meant to be inline with the last attacker/defender so how they can’t see is beyond madness. It’s a big white line on a grass pitch, but hard to miss.  We can’t have semi pro officials reffing a professional game

I guess the difference in rugby is that it’s a general convention that only captains speak to the referee and players largely accept decisions without dissent.

Perhaps in football referees feel they have to compete with the histrionics of the players?

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I guess the difference in rugby is that it’s a general convention that only captains speak to the referee and players largely accept decisions without dissent.

Perhaps in football referees feel they have to compete with the histrionics of the players?

In Rugby dissent  is punished by marching back, so if a ref awarded a free kick in a football game and the team being punished start the histrionics the ball is placed 10 yards nearer their goal. Think that would stop the prima donnas.

Just dropped a case against Hearts and Hibs sure they will treat us the same on the trumped-up charges.

Hearts and Hibs have seen Scottish FA charges against them dropped at a Hampden hearing.

The clubs were both charged by the governing body over a mass confrontation between players during last October's Edinburgh derby.

Hibs striker Flo Kamberi was sent off following the bust-up, which came during a heated second half at Tynecastle.

Easter Road head coach Neil Lennon was struck with a coin, Jam Tarts keeper Zdenek Zlamal was floored by a fan and assistant referees were targeted as tensions spilled over during the game.

Both Edinburgh clubs received notices of complaint for the clash between players following Kamberi's challenge on Hearts midfielder Oli Bozanic, charging them with breaching Rule 204, which reads: "Where three or more players and/or members of Team Staff from one team are involved in a confrontation with opposing players and/or members of Team Staff of the opposing team during and/or directly after a match."

A panel convened to consider the charges on Monday with both cases dismissed and no further action taken

3 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

In Rugby dissent  is punished by marching back, so if a ref awarded a free kick in a football game and the team being punished start the histrionics the ball is placed 10 yards nearer their goal. Think that would stop the prima donnas.

I completely forgot about that. Been a long long time since I’ve seen that happen in a game.

10 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Not really - it’s what happens on here pretty often - folk don’t like their arguments debunked and when they realise that they resort to some sort of personal abuse as if that gives their argument more weight and mines less. Pathetic and sad. 

Looking forward to the debunking happening at some point. Calling people paranoid is the total opposite, being merely personal abuse - you know, that thing you just accused everyone else of doing later in your sentence.

The definition of paranoid involves, amongst other things, ignoring the evidence before you. You genuinely come across as paranoid that someone might think that you think there is a bias against us. You have been supplied with stats, anecdotal evidence, documentary evidence, etc. but you just come out with 'paranoid!'

Decide who you want to be here - if you want to troll and call people daft things like paranoid then don't be surprised when folk reject you. But if you want respect, tell us why we are not suffering from bias. It's seems obvious to most of us that we are as a club, so actually show us how we are wrong rather than claim we're deluded. 

10 hours ago, Brubear said:

I agree that there is no bias in the refereeing. They are just bloody awful. I do have concerns over the decisions made within the corridors of the SFA. Who within that organisation raised the possibility of raising charges on us and who supported it. I take your point about transparency but the lack of it allows such decisions to be taken. It is only media reports regarding summit but if SFA formally announce one I would expect it to be coupled with them dropping the charges against us. I suspect they will wait until after our judgement day next week and then announce a summit. If that happens will you concede there may be an agenda in the corridors of power. The thread has concentrated on referees which was never my point. 

I would struggle with there being an ‘agenda’ in the corridors of power but absolutely agree that the lack of transparency in the SFA ( like who makes decisions, how they reach that conclusion etc) is shocking in a modern public body and leads to the type of speculation that feeds ( some) paranoia. It’s quite  funny actually - I was speaking to a couple of dons fans who think SFA always favours us - why else were two of our red cards rescinded ( - which kinda prove my point of ‘it’s how you view these things’ ) (btw we all agreed refs are shocking) 

2 hours ago, Bears said:

Looking forward to the debunking happening at some point. Calling people paranoid is the total opposite, being merely personal abuse - you know, that thing you just accused everyone else of doing later in your sentence.

The definition of paranoid involves, amongst other things, ignoring the evidence before you. You genuinely come across as paranoid that someone might think that you think there is a bias against us. You have been supplied with stats, anecdotal evidence, documentary evidence, etc. but you just come out with 'paranoid!'

Decide who you want to be here - if you want to troll and call people daft things like paranoid then don't be surprised when folk reject you. But if you want respect, tell us why we are not suffering from bias. It's seems obvious to most of us that we are as a club, so actually show us how we are wrong rather than claim we're deluded. 

At least calling folk paranoid stays on topic - folk bring up my politics - age - and other external shite to validate their argument - it’s funny, and predictable. 

Also I have been provided with NO ( that is ZERO) FACTS  that prove there is an agenda against us - there ate many interpretation and opinions of incidents, and rationale behind this or that decisions but not one fact! And interpretation is always in the eye of the beholder. Hence why I always state my opinion is just that - an opinion - but facts - would love you to give me a FACT that proves agenamda or bias. 

9 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

At least calling folk paranoid stays on topic - folk bring up my politics - age - and other external shite to validate their argument - it’s funny, and predictable. 

Also I have been provided with NO ( that is ZERO) FACTS  that prove there is an agenda against us - there ate many interpretation and opinions of incidents, and rationale behind this or that decisions but not one fact! And interpretation is always in the eye of the beholder. Hence why I always state my opinion is just that - an opinion - but facts - would love you to give me a FACT that proves agenamda or bias. 

Why are we consistently at the bottom of the table for fouls per yellow card, when we are nowhere as physical or downright dirty as other teams?? 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why are we consistently at the bottom of the table for fouls per yellow card, when we nowhere as physical or downright dirty as other teams?? 

This is a concern for me. We are simply not a dirty team - yet we are rock bottom of the fair play league. It seems....strange frankly

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

This is a concern for me. We are simply not a dirty team - yet we are rock bottom of the fair play league. It seems....strange frankly

It’s just a pure coincidence mate. 

I’m sure we are something like 2.5 tackles until a booking, the next team is 3.5/4 tackles and guess who is top with 6.5 tackles. 

9 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why are we consistently at the bottom of the table for fouls per yellow card, when we are nowhere as physical or downright dirty as other teams?? 

It’s onky your opinion that we are no where as dirty as other teams - one thing I have enjoyed about our team this season is that we are more combative, more physical in our approach and do seem to go in harder. 

One thing I have not enjoyed about our treat is the number of stupid bookings we have picked up for dissent - perhaps that comes with being more combative, we counter more. 

Oh and also on the end of some stupid refereeing - like Collum - but for me that stat does not point to or prove an agenda.