False dawn after false dawn

Essandoh

The scenes at Tynecastle are as close as we’ll get to the title. Humiliating in hindsight.

Those cunts are set to walk a third treble in a row and will be favourites to beat/pump us at Ibrox potentially with no fans. We might well have to listen to their players celebrating on the pitch and disrespecting our home yet again.

Its a disgrace that we can bottle it so badly in the space of a week. Thursday means nothing in the grand scheme of things and that squad doesn’t have the mentality to pose a real challenge. Before anyone hits out with “so much for No Surrender”, wake up.

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

The scenes at Tynecastle are as close as we’ll get to the title. Humiliating in hindsight.

Those cunts are set to walk a third treble in a row and will be favourites to beat/pump us at Ibrox potentially with no fans. We might well have to listen to their players celebrating on the pitch and disrespecting our home yet again.

Its a disgrace that we can bottle it so badly in the space of a week. Thursday means nothing in the grand scheme of things and that squad doesn’t have the mentality to pose a real challenge. Before anyone hits out with “so much for No Surrender”, wake up.

Agree but I think if we stick with Gerrard for a couple of years and keep backing him in the windows we will get there.  Patience is one of my weakest points but I really think we need to understand the process.  We are much closer to celtic than last season.  This season is infuriating me atm but I think we are only 3/4 players away from competing.

I really wish we would play Katic though.  He done very little wrong and is a threat in attack.

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

Gerrard has now had at least half a dozen bad results in the league and we're still only two points behind the paedos. Can't believe how bad they have been TBH

Only because they haven't strung a run of wins together but when they do they will open up a huge lead.

1 minute ago, wearethepeople1 said:

I’m totally sick of it 

spunking thousands of pounds of my hard earned to get this pish every season

we are shite 

we will probably never properly ‘recover’ from 2012 

So much money, time and energy for nothing in return.

👎

Just now, wearethepeople1 said:

I’m totally sick of it 

spunking thousands of pounds of my hard earned to get this pish every season

we are shite 

we will probably never properly ‘recover’ from 2012 

That’s the real worrying thing. Everything that happened to us couldn’t have happened a more significant time in the modern progression of the game.

The money is growing day by day and that lot had free reign to maximise any profits in Scotland while we missed out on everything. With double our wage bill already, a neutral wouldn’t be criticised for arguing that we might never match them over the course of a season again, at least not without miracle investment.

Just now, Amac9 said:

Only because they haven't strung a run of wins together but when they do they will open up a huge lead.

Yep, Gerrard's one saving grace. If he hadn't yet grasped the enormity of the job before the last week or so, today will certainly have sealed it.

You have a fucking mountain to climb Stevie

3 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

That’s the real worrying thing. Everything that happened to us couldn’t have happened a more significant time in the modern progression of the game.

The money is growing day by day and that lot had free reign to maximise any profits in Scotland while we missed out on everything. With double our wage bill already, a neutral wouldn’t be criticised for arguing that we might never match them over the course of a season again, at least not without miracle investment.

We need a big one off investment to level the playing field, but that’s not going to happen so really we are fucked 

unless we get a manager who can overachieve with a group of half decent players we are winning fuck all anytime soon 

People went overboard last week once we won and its the same again now weve lost, yes we have been pish the last 2 games and the only reason the league is still in sight is because the taigs have been so poor but if wee keep chopping and changing managers every 6 months this will become normal. 

It's like the Warburton era all over again. Very promising start, and dwindling out after 3 months....then complete MEH!. The only difference is we have had Europe as a distraction and sapping energy levels. Whether we notice a difference in league form after Christmas (I'm assuming we will not win on Thursday night) time will tell. I can't see how we're going to recapture our earlier season form though. Would be nice to have a striker who we can rely on to score regularly AND stay on the pitch though! That would be a nice start.

We show teams far too much respect though.....we've had successive managers who seem to want to shore up the defence and defend too deep. That's taking away from our attacking side of play. SG needs to sort that. 

21 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Agree but I think if we stick with Gerrard for a couple of years and keep backing him in the windows we will get there.  Patience is one of my weakest points but I really think we need to understand the process.  We are much closer to celtic than last season.  This season is infuriating me atm but I think we are only 3/4 players away from competing.

I really wish we would play Katic though.  He done very little wrong and is a threat in attack.

Last season after 16 games we were 6 points behind the scum, if they win their game in hand they'll be 5 points clear hardly much closer than last season and only because they're poorer this season. 

Worrying thing for me is the lack of spark from either players who have been brought back into the side or those of the bench. Nothing changes they just drop to the level of the rest of them. I mean Coulibally and Ejira were both dropped today because of their midweek efforts. So today Rossiter and Grezda come in  and apart from the opening exchanges they  offer very little, so midweek we will no doubt be back to Coulibally and Ejira and so it continues.

23 minutes ago, ArranRfc said:

The celebrations at tynecastle should've motivated us to keep winning but they've had the opposite effect. Players thinking they've made it cause we went top for a few days.

There shouldn't really have been any celebrations. We went top of league when we'd played an extra game. Meant nothing. 

We've made ourselves look stupid. Again.

Just now, gsa said:

There shouldn't really have been any celebrations. We went top of league when we'd played an extra game. Meant nothing. 

If you’d have said that last week you would have been considered ‘miserable’. Not saying this in hindsight at all, but you’re 100% right.

34 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

We’re closer to celtic because they had their worst league start in a long time.  Our league form is the same as it was under Pedro, Warburton, or Murty.

1 minute ago, gsa said:

They won 2-1 with 10 men at Tynecastle and it meant nothing?come on mate criticise us today by all means but that's nonsense about last Sunday.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

League's finished already just give them the league tomorrow. 

Was an enjoyable 5 months while it lasted,

Weve went from the highs of last week to our default setting of shitting it how many they will take off us on the 29th

12 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Worrying thing for me is the lack of spark from either players who have been brought back into the side or those of the bench. Nothing changes they just drop to the level of the rest of them. I mean Coulibally and Ejira were both dropped today because of their midweek efforts. So today Rossiter and Grezda come in  and apart from the opening exchanges they  offer very little, so midweek we will no doubt be back to Coulibally and Ejira and so it continues.

Agree with this , and you could add Lafferty too , while Kent didn't do much either , though I'd throw him some slack  .  I think SG mentioned in his post match interview he keeps giving players chances only for them not to take them . I hope he acts on that instead of it just being a soundbite , though he is pretty limited in what he can do . 

I'm really trying to be positive, but it's extremely hard after those last 2 games. If you cannot beat a 10 man Aberdeen team at home or a 10 man bottom of the table Dundee away from home, then put politely, you don't fucking deserve to win any league title.

We just don't give ourselves a chance when we go into these games v the filth, it's always a MUST win for us, and we crack under the pressure. I was hoping this time to be a few points ahead of them, and see how they react to that type of must win pressure.

So they will go into the game on the 29th nice and relaxed and we will be a bag of nerves again. Only one outcome.