***Official SK Rapid Wien v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon we will win this. No particular reason why I think this, I just do. Before todays game I had a feeling we would drop points and go through on Thursday. Rapid aint a great team, we saw that in the first game. I think at least a couple of the teams we beat in the qualifiers wee better.

7 hours ago, chris182 said:

Don't know how anyone can look forward to this game.

Means fuck all to me TBH

Means a hell of a lot to me. I was there today and will be there on Thursday. Spend a lot of money following my team home and away 

I hope we win but I can't see it. The way we have played the last two games has taken all hope I had of going through away from me. But by God I hope to fuck I am wrong and we play out our skins and secure the three points needed to qualify for the last 32.

Think we've got a better chance of winning this, than we did in the second half of today's game. 

We seem to play better in open games, and dominated Rapid at home. 

Today, if it had been as open as it was in the first half we would have won.

Don't know how we cannot break teams down when they let us have the ball, but it's frustrating as fuck

2 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Nothing to lose which is why I think we will win.

Could well work out that way.

Not sure RV could reply with 4 if we start as we did in Moscow.

Concerned that the legginess seen in the last couple of games might catch up with us, though.

I’d be more concerned if the players come up with an absolute blinder compared to the recent league form - we aren’t likely to win the EL so, if they’re prioritising if ahead  of the league, I’d be more than a little pissed off.

Rapid are not in form at all. They are in the bottom half of their league and despite our current form, we should have enough to win this if we really want it.

Reaching the last 32 will be the perfect boost after the last 2 games.

Cant believe people saying they dont give a fuck about this game, especially after all these years of "Europe seems a million miles away" etc.. We are in the group stages of Europe and have a great chance to go through... these are the nights we have longed for for years... yes, I want to win the league just as much as everyone else, but still being in Europe with the chance to go through is amazing. I love it!

I'm through making predictions. Form wise, we're all over the shop. However I would say the fact they only need a draw is worrying. We're back to leaking goals so I can't see us keeping a clean sheet. If that's the case, we'll need multiple goals away from home in a crunch tie where the opposition can park the bus all they want. It's a big ask. If the team can pull this off they'll deserve a lot of credit.

Going on form then we’ll lose easily. Even if we get through then it just shows the players are cheating the fans in the league games which is unacceptable.  Couldn’t pick an 11 as I don’t know which raffle book was done today but defensively were all over the place and a defeat is likely 

7 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Going on form then we’ll lose easily. Even if we get through then it just shows the players are cheating the fans in the league games which is unacceptable.  Couldn’t pick an 11 as I don’t know which raffle book was done today but defensively were all over the place and a defeat is likely 

Rapid are hardly flying either 

10 hours ago, Rum Ham said:

Think we've got a better chance of winning this, than we did in the second half of today's game. 

We seem to play better in open games, and dominated Rapid at home. 

Today, if it had been as open as it was in the first half we would have won.

Don't know how we cannot break teams down when they let us have the ball, but it's frustrating as fuck

Of course we’d like to win this, but fucksakes we couldn’t break down Dundee and they had 10 men. If you can’t get in behind them, somebody please take a fucking shot from distance. Basic stuff and we made the team at the bottom look good. Mind boggling. 

This could be the shot in the arm we need. Win here and get through and the confidence will be back. They are in inconsistent form to say the least and have the Vienna derby at the weekend to think about as well.

We need to see a reaction from the players and Gerrard should be demanding that.

0-2 Rangers.

1 hour ago, Johnsey said:

Mcgregor

Tav Worrall Goldson Barisic

Arfield Jack

Kent

Candeias       Morelos       Grezda

Let's just go for it.

Candeias is banned thank fuck

and Kent has no chance of playing, he left dens with an ice pack on his leg

Archived