***Official SK Rapid Wien v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, danger ranger said:

He looked good but Rapid didn't really put us under intense pressure.

Time and again he was in tight spaces out wide helping out and kept a real cool head and found a team mate. Breaking down a number of attacks then finding a blue jersey....I thought he was top drawer.

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So who did you have in mind?

There is fuck all there to change a game, the squad isn't good enough and the results at home really shows up how bad we are and tonight Gerrard went for damage limitation hoping for a 1-0 win against a shite team.

At half time he should have went all out for goals with the changes made with Grezda and Lafferty, even have started with Grezda with Arfield in the middle and binned that donkey Coulibaly. We needed a win and he picked three defensive Mids, says it all.

11 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Bollocks. As soon as we went for it properly, we conceded. We needed to stop them from scoring as we simply didnt have it in us to score 2-3 goals. If Goldson scores and we keep them from scoring then its the right tactic. 

The goal we lost was nothing to do with attacking more the negative way we resort to passing the ball backwards, suicide on a pitch like that. Going for a scoreless draw still meant exit. One attempt on target in 93 minutes is certainly not the right way to progress. The argument that if Goodson scores and we hold out is nonsense; he didn’t.

3 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

The goal we lost was nothing to do with attacking more the negative way we resort to passing the ball backwards, suicide on a pitch like that. Going for a scoreless draw still meant exit. One attempt on target in 93 minutes is certainly not the right way to progress. The argument that if Goodson scores and we hold out is nonsense; he didn’t.

Knowing that we had to win the game id say its very unlikely that we were "going for a scoreless draw" wouldnt you?

I know Goldson didnt score.. Also, it was a combination of a very poor outball from McGregor and a lack of protection of the back four that cost us the goal. We had moved up the pitch at that point and it was very clear to see. We were reasonably solid before that.

3 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

There is fuck all there to change a game, the squad isn't good enough and the results at home really shows up how bad we are and tonight Gerrard went for damage limitation hoping for a 1-0 win against a shite team.

At half time he should have went all out for goals with the changes made with Grezda and Lafferty, even have started with Grezda with Arfield in the middle and binned that donkey Coulibaly. We needed a win and he picked three defensive Mids, says it all.

He seems reluctant to change the formation and until Grezda proves otherwise I don't see him as the answer. His second half performance at Dens park shouldn't have warranted him a seat on the plane to Vienna. 

I do agree with Couliby. I cringe at his passing.

11 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Time and again he was in tight spaces out wide helping out and kept a real cool head and found a team mate. Breaking down a number of attacks then finding a blue jersey....I thought he was top drawer.

My opinion on Jack is based over the last two years, he is also injury prone. Looking good and being good are two different things and speaking about the whole team, we don't look that bad at times but the stats get in the way.

Having said that he didn't do much wrong and I don't know if you agree, its no use one man being good when the team are going nowhere.

7 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

From watching that on the TV it sounded like the stadium announcer was starting songs and shit.

Or was it just some cunt with a megaphone who was near a pitchside mic?

A lot of teams have a stadium "announcer" kind of guy that gets the crowd going.. Have seen Italian, Turkish and other European teams have this.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

He seems reluctant to change the formation and until Grezda proves otherwise I don't see him as the answer. His second half performance at Dens park shouldn't have warranted him a seat on the plane to Vienna. 

We did change our shape/formation.

Just now, johanhentze said:

A lot of teams have a stadium "announcer" kind of guy that gets the crowd going.. Have seen Italian, Turkish and other European teams have this.

Thought it wasn't allowed. Surely it can't be just a Scottish/English FA rule that the music gets shut down and the guy shuts up as soon as the ball is in play? Apart from official announcements about stoppage time and subs you don't get that in the UK.

Sounds like the kind of thing UEFA would want to crack down on.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Its a real worry(Grezda) coupled with the news today of Ejaria and other rumours of loaned players, Coulibaly also, we seem to sign players that are too slow and can't pass a ball.

I didnt think we would win the league this year, but earlier in the season my hopes were lifted by the Euro Qualifiers and the overall squad effort, but now the pressure seems to be getting to the young players and also showing up the players that just haven't got it, at the end of the day you need the right kind of money to buy the right players to do a job, hopefully in January.

46 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Thought it wasn't allowed. Surely it can't be just a Scottish/English FA rule that the music gets shut down and the guy shuts up as soon as the ball is in play? Apart from official announcements about stoppage time and subs you don't get that in the UK.

Sounds like the kind of thing UEFA would want to crack down on.

This is obviously just after a goal and is probably not allowed during play.

In Copenhagen they have speakers installed so the capo is heard in the entire section.. Rapid might have had a similar arrangement.

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Mind the taigs possibly circa 2013 asking them.to.make.noise one European night. We probably sang like fuck.away to Annan that night but they needed help :lol:

We are their everything 

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

We sure are. :lol: 

We are mate

Ffs I met.you from the faeros think.you needed.a.stenny or Stirling.albion at home.ticket.

We've proved our loyalty. Never had banners plugging gaps. Fucking tramps 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

We are mate

Ffs I met.you from the faeros think.you needed.a.stenny or Stirling.albion at home.ticket.

We've proved our loyalty. Never had banners plugging gaps. Fucking tramps 

I met you on a night out.. a certain pun on Union street im sure 😉 

Honestly thought that game was more than there for the taking last night. Annoying how long we took to change things and try and win it. Would have taken Coulibally and Middleton off at half time, thought they were both shocking...Really bitter end to an unbelievable run, already buzzing for next years!

Archived