Sign in to follow this  
G.E.C.

***Official SK Rapid Wien v Rangers Thread***

It's gone, there's fk all we can do about it now so there's no point in dwelling on what might have been. We could debate all night on if's why's and maybe's and it won't matter a fk in the morning. 

Absolutely crucial to get those heads lifted pronto and not let our season descend into free fall. Its been a horrible run of results for us but Gerrard has to prove his worth now and somehow stop the rot setting in. 

Bluekev likes this

12 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

Did you see him take far too long and loose possession causing the counter attack? Been pish all night

Ah no,it's captain shitetastics fault but don't have a go at him....

2 minutes ago, kanjo said:

I get that... but a bit of leadership would take us that bit further.  I can accept going out of Europe but I can't for the life of me neck the fact that we went out to a team that is every bit as poor as I've seen in Europe.

Rapid will be horsed the next round, no fkn doubt. They got their two quick goals in Moscow whereas we lost two quick goals and then there’s the goal being chopped. Fkn gutted man

2 minutes ago, laudrupno1 said:

Vienna were there for the taking tonight, poor performance and got what we deserved. 

No we didn't we, deserved a draw tonight.  We didn't do enough to win but we didn't deserve to lose.  Spartak home and away cost us progression to the next round but having said that we lack quality and we lack pace.

BridgeIsBlue likes this

1 minute ago, SasaPapacLoyal said:

He’s been pish recently but was alright tonight. At least you know he was on the park. The only time I noticed McCrorie was when his man ran past him for the goal or when I mistook Arfield for him 

McCrorie made some great covering tackles tonight. Dug McAuley our a couple of times. He does the job of protecting the center half’s very well. Allowed Jack to be more forward thinking and Jack had a decent game. 

Arfield should have been central. I think McCrorie between two banks of 4 and Arfield and jack central with Grezda and Middletonon the wings would have been a great set up with hindsight

No one fancied us to make the groups, broke a a scottish record in europe on the way, was always going to be tough to qualify, but the fact we were still in with a chance on the last game and in hindsight maybe should have qualified, unlucky lads, lets get the domestic campaign back on track at the weekend👍🏻

chris182 likes this

2 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Hate.cunts like you bawling and greeting for admin to ban people.fucking fanny.

Couldn't care less. Don't hit out with inexcusable racist bile and folk won't ask for you to be banned for bringing shame on the forum. It's quite a simple concept really.

They were a stinking side and we got beaten again. 

Mite been a shambles the second half of the group stage just to go with our horrible league form.

Gerrard and the players have nowhere to hide now and can’t fall back on Europe. Any more fuck ups domestically and we are looking at another disappointing season with nothing other than a few results to shout about. 

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Entitled to your opinion but he never should have got the job in the first place. Glad he's done well but the wheels have well and truly came off 

Giving him anymore money is fucking ridiculous, not one of his signings (apart from McGregor who was a free) has been better than average 

And we're going to trust him with more money?

Thank fuck people like you aren't involved in making the decisions.  I want success right now as much as anyone but you can't just keep changing your fucking manager every 6 months.  We were top of the league a week or so ago.  I'm interested to see how we go domestically now without Europe.  Also, Gerrard is on a multi-year deal and took his whole backroom team with him.  Even if we did want to get rid, it would be expensive as fuck.  Give him 2 full seasons before doing anything rash.  He needs this season to bed in and hopefully cause a shock.  Next season is the real test.  Whether anyone including me or you like it, we are work in progress.  New manager and half our team tonight weren't even in the first team squad last year.  Middleton, Barisic, Goldson, McGregor, Macauley, Coulibaly, Arfield are all new... that's over half our team!  And there is no denying Gerrard is a pure winner.  He will keep working and working and working until he gets there.  Follow through the good and bad.

He really has not done anything hugely wrong this season.  Beating teams like Maribor to qualify was a huge step forward from where we have been and it's worth noting we would have beat RV and Villareal over 2 legs.  Doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things but we are not miles away from being a decent outfit.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Its true, people act like its 2007/08 all over again!

1 win in 6 group games against three sides that sacked their manager.. 

Only 'great' results were the Maribor tie and draw in Spain. People too hung up on the Progres shambles.

Skrupi - garbage

Osijek - Average

Ufa - Meh

Rapid - Average

Spartak - Average

Villarreal reserves - Decent

Its been good at best.

Usual kind of Euro campaign from us, too.

Start we’ll, then it gradually tails off.

Another game where we needed a goal & got thoroughly blanked.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Every other team has better movement and work harder than we do. 

That’s what I find so frustrating our movement and ball control along with passing is something you would see watching school boys playing over the park.

HG5 and Courtyard Bear like this