***Official SK Rapid Wien v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

54 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I honestly believe Tav is a jinx 

.He is s loser being our captain .He always keeps his worst times for our big games 

I'm sick of hearing how fucking good he is 

We have won sweet fuck all in years and he has been here playing in all these games 

The second half ,we had poor players but cmon .If we are ever going to be winners.He absolutely will never be in our side .Never 

I think it's when we meet decent teams. His defending isn't good enough and his attacking is ok at best against better teams.

In the Moscow game at Ibrox we tossed everything down the right and we paid for it, when Candeias is beside him we have a right hand side which is toothless and can't make an impact due to poor crossing and constant wrong decisions. A good example is tonight before their goal, Tav had the ball on the wing and should have crossed it quick or headed to the by-line but chose to try and beat 2 players and lost it, another wrong decision made and we lost the ball.

Could you imagine if we had drawn arsenal or Chelsea, they would rip us apart down the right.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

I think it's when we meet decent teams. His defending isn't good enough and his attacking is ok at best against better teams.

In the Moscow game at Ibrox we tossed everything down the right and we paid for it, when Candeias is beside him we have a right hand side which is toothless and can't make an impact due to poor crossing and constant wrong decisions. A good example is tonight before their goal, Tav had the ball on the wing and should have crossed it quick or headed to the by-line but chose to try and beat 2 players and lost it, another wrong decision made and we lost the ball.

Could you imagine if we had drawn arsenal or Chelsea, they would rip us apart down the right.

Yeah you could be right . I would have taken the prestige of being there .

To be fair . We don't ever look like being thrashed by anyone . It's the total lack of attacking quality that is costing us .

Spot on . Decision making is honking consistently

20 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

I think it's more a general lack of character in the players now. A chronic lack of belief that makes them scared to do anything but take the easy option, and even that has become a struggle. Even their interactions with referees, opposing players at the wind up, etc., are scarily timid.

I do agree, however, the only changes really are what Gerrard can do to influence things and (at times) he stands and does very little. At least changes in formation would show the fans we're trying to address this slump. We've been grinding results for weeks and the last three performances are carbon copies. 

1 hour ago, jim beam said:

Then call the guy out and and show him up for it instead of your first instinct to go running asking for a ban.

Never asked for anyone to be banned before and it was probably over the top on this occasion but my emotions were all hyped up with the game. Still a shite thing to say and I won't apologise for bringing it up.

6 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Never asked for anyone to be banned before and it was probably over the top on this occasion but my emotions were all hyped up with the game. Still a shite thing to say and I won't apologise for bringing it up.

Not condemning you for bringing it up and understand the emotions after watching that shite but better challenging the guy rather than calling for bans imo.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Feels like a lifetime ago . The last massive game you could argue  we won against the odds .

Since then , we have lost the ability to field a team of winners when it really matters . 7 years . ffs

It’s fucking depressing and it’s not going to change anytime soon.

We are still a weak weak side 

24 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

We're all pissed off with the game mate. Understandable. Can't ask for fellow bears to be banned for saying something in the heat of the moment.

1 hour ago, mchammer said:

We needed a win, Gerrard plays 1 man upfront. Should have had both Lafferty & Morelos playing tonight from the off. 

Coulibally would not have been my first choice either.

But we did do better this year in Europe that expected from the seasons start. 

Lots to improve on but urgently need a quality midfielder.

You mean we should have set up like we did when we lost the goal? We needed a win, yes, but we also want to stop them from scoring.

15 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

You mean we should have set up like we did when we lost the goal? We needed a win, yes, but we also want to stop them from scoring.

as sir Alex once said, who cares if they score,as long as we score more,that's how you win football games. shouldn't be too scared to let a goal or 2 in,as long as giving it plenty up front end of park. first form defence is to attack!

Rapid are not prolific scorers so why set out to play for a nil nil and maybe hope for a set piece goal?

This was a game where only a win would do but for a large part of the game there was little appetite to go at the opponents, far too many needless pass backs especially to the goalie on what everyone was warned was a really ropey playing surface.

Wrong selection,wrong tactics and the result that we have come to expect.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

who else did you want him to put on? Flannigan? Worrel? Katic?

We needed goals tonight, maybe that slipped by you, judging by the players you mentioned, it seems to have slipped by Gerrard too, Couldn't believe he had two CB's on the bench.

40 minutes ago, WATPWATP said:

as sir Alex once said, who cares if they score,as long as we score more,that's how you win football games. shouldn't be too scared to let a goal or 2 in,as long as giving it plenty up front end of park. first form defence is to attack!

Yea.. as soon as we changed our tactics to all out attack, we conceded. We didnt have it in us to score 3 goals. We were missing Kent and Candeias, which would have been ideal for a game like this. We simply didnt have the quality tonight.

1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

We needed goals tonight, maybe that slipped by you, judging by the players you mentioned, it seems to have slipped by Gerrard too, Couldn't believe he had two CB's on the bench.

So who did you have in mind?

20 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Rapid are not prolific scorers so why set out to play for a nil nil and maybe hope for a set piece goal?

This was a game where only a win would do but for a large part of the game there was little appetite to go at the opponents, far too many needless pass backs especially to the goalie on what everyone was warned was a really ropey playing surface.

Wrong selection,wrong tactics and the result that we have come to expect.

Bollocks. As soon as we went for it properly, we conceded. We needed to stop them from scoring as we simply didnt have it in us to score 2-3 goals. If Goldson scores and we keep them from scoring then its the right tactic. 

I have to say outwith all the negativity I thought up until when he came off I thought Ryan jack was absolutely terrific...by far and away the best man on the park. Shades of his performance up at Aberdeen the first game of the season. 

If he could perform like than a bit more consistently we would have a real top player on our hands.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Bollocks. As soon as we went for it properly, we conceded. We needed to stop them from scoring as we simply didnt have it in us to score 2-3 goals. If Goldson scores and we keep them from scoring then its the right tactic. 

No, McGregor fucked up big time, nothing to do with attacking.

1 minute ago, dee9 said:

I have to say outwith all the negativity I thought up until when he came off I thought Ryan jack was absolutely terrific...by far and away the best man on the park. Shades of his performance up at Aberdeen the first game of the season. 

If he could perform like than a bit more consistently we would have a real top player on our hands.

He looked good but Rapid didn't really put us under intense pressure.

Wasn’t happy with setup, attitude, or personnel (changes). Europe’s been a reprieve from some of our poorer domestic results and, after some abject league performances recently, we’ve now failed to take advantage of an eminently winnable tie through a lack of killer instinct (from the players and management). It’s nothing like “panic stations” but it’s easy to see how these recent losses - including two cup exits - and more trivial things like the early termination of two loans can start piling up and creating the impression that things aren’t going that great. 

Archived