Who Will Be Kept From This Squad Over The Next Two Transfer Windows ?

tannerall

We can keep MacGregor, Goldson, Tavernier, Jack, Arfield, Morelos, and maybe Lafferty long term.  I'd keep Candeias too. 

Maybe Dorrans, Grzeda and Barisic will come good.  

That leaves us about 9 short of a decent squad for the next few years at this stage. 

Still a big job ahead over the next 12 months.

Katic, Grzeda and Barisic are all perm signings. We have to get more out them than sitting on the bench. I think tav will go in January. i wish somebod would take jack.

We have far more other players in the squad to jettison before any of the ones mentioned. pena, herrera, dodoo anyone?

It's the likes of Pena, Wallace, Rossiter, Fotheringham & Dorrans who will be receiving a high wage that sadly need to go. 

Those wages are crucial to us, we don't have that buffer like the tarriers do and need to make every ££££ count. 

We simply cannot waste a penny. 

43 minutes ago, tannerall said:

We can keep MacGregor, Goldson, Tavernier, Jack, Arfield, Morelos, and maybe Lafferty long term.  I'd keep Candeias too. 

Maybe Dorrans, Grzeda and Barisic will come good.  

That leaves us about 9 short of a decent squad for the next few years at this stage. 

Still a big job ahead over the next 12 months.

These 2 are not good enough 

2 hours ago, the brown brogue said:

At the moment Halliday could justifiably consider himself to be one of the first names on the teamsheet. 

That tells its own story about the quality of our squad. 

It also tells the story of how much Halliday has changed under the current regime and how well he's playing.

I can see Sadiq leaving in January but that’s about it.  Most of these guys have just been brought in and are on long-term deals.

The only ones who perform well enough to attract solid offers is Tavernier and Morelos.

I'd keep McGregor, Goldson, Katic, Barisic, Halliday, Candeias, Morelos, Middleton, Arfield and Grezda.

The rest can leave including the players on loan except Kent.

Pena will be back in January and as much of a shambles as he is he would be a better option for us than Ejaria. I think he still has more goals for us than any of our current midfielders :lol:

I look at it like this our last SPL winning side how many of our current squad get into a matchday squad of back then? For me Mcgregor Goldson Arfield morelos

When we win 55 our squad wont be of the level back then cause it doesn't need to be. So we are 4/5 first team starters away from having a championship winning squad 

No project signings or youngsters.

Davis and solanke In Jan would be a good start

Kieran Dowell and Jordan Jones aint the answer  never have been never will be.. We have enough squad players 

23 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I look at it like this our last SPL winning side how many of our current squad get into a matchday squad of back then? For me Mcgregor Goldson Arfield morelos

When we win 55 our squad wont be of the level back then cause it doesn't need to be. So we are 4/5 first team starters away from having a championship winning squad 

No project signings or youngsters.

Davis and solanke In Jan would be a good start

Kieran Dowell and Jordan Jones aint the answer  never have been never will be.. We have enough squad players 

Fully agree it can't be project or youngsters anymore. It has to be players better than what we have that can impact right away. Quality over quantity.

It's out midfield that needs cleared out for me first. We have to many average players who do ths same job. We need creativity and flair in their.

Players that we can use to get joy through the middle when our wingers aren't playing well. Top of that list a playmaker with goal threat and defence cutting passing. 

Think (and hope) all the loanees apart from Kent are sent back. There was rumour that Coulibaly had some sort of sell on clause but he's disappointed recently as has Ejaria and Worral.  Hopefully we get rid of Dodoo, Herrera, Wallace, and free up some wages.  I suspect we'll get one signing in January, a midfielder or back up striker, hopefully both but doubt it unless we sell someone.