No passion, no heart

j1mgg

17 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

IMO, I don't think we lacked heart or passion. We just simply lack/lacked quality in the final third where it matters. In the last 3 games we have had most of the play but have nothing to show for it sadly. We need more of a cutting edge..........

Yep

Just now, JimmyCR1 said:

Been like that the last three games, bee Warburtonesque with no plan b. 

It's baffling how consistent this theme has been over the past few years. Start well, get found out, drop points, rot continues until we sack the manager. Not again for fuck sake.

Just now, simplythebestest said:

It's baffling how consistent this theme has been over the past few years. Start well, get found out, drop points, rot continues until we sack the manager. Not again for fuck sake.

The problem is, we’ve exhausted our options, we need to give Gerrard time, there has been improvements, namely our home form and Europe. But away from home we have been poor. This month is make or break, we all knew that, and so far it’s break.

2 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

The problem is, we’ve exhausted our options, we need to give Gerrard time, there has been improvements, namely our home form and Europe. But away from home we have been poor. This month is make or break, we all knew that, and so far it’s break.

You're right, we need to stick with the manager. Maybe the plan b we've been missing is time.

24 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

We’ve got the desire, their goal was exactly what we are lacking, players that can make a clever run in the box and another player that can find said player. This hopeful balls in the box is not working, Barisic does look as if he might have a decent ball but we need a different game plan for the other side.

Still work in progress. Sg needs more time and another couple of signings. Would say this tho.

Memory failing but remember mcleish team going thru a poor time. Symptons were the same. Unwillingness to have a shot. Over reliance on the sides and crosses. Arteta was guilty. Look what he went on to.

Buying playsrs wont fix it on its own. 

39 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Meh. Overreaction. We've punched above our weight.

Work in progress. Add more inventive quality next two transfer windows.

Some of our fans are forgetting they didn’t care about the Europa league 4 months ago.

and other ‘fans’ are just at it.

I’m disappointed we are out but quite proud at how far we have come so quickly. How many Scottish clubs in the Europa league since we went down?

28 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

The team seem to have suffered from vertigo. Got to the top of the league, played well in Europe, then shat it.

Nah. Teams know how to play us. The clue is lack of attack from rapid. Know we struggle to break them down.

46 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

If we'd have put the effort that we showed tonight into the last two league games we'd have had full points. Was a lack of quality that fucked us over tonight not the mentality.

Agree regarding the effort tonight but I'm not sure that the inconsistent league form (dominating, not scoring) isn't also very much down to that final bit of quality that's often lacking.

57 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

IMO, I don't think we lacked heart or passion. We just simply lack/lacked quality in the final third where it matters. In the last 3 games we have had most of the play but have nothing to show for it sadly. We need more of a cutting edge..........

Bingo our forward play in the final third is shocking at times 

I thought that was massively deflating tonight and I suspect the players might struggle to bounce back against Hamilton on Sunday. 

Some of our players lack passion and heart no doubt, but too many of them lack an acceptable level of general ability with virtually no flair or attacking nous. That was a poor side we played tonight in an overall poor group and a huge opportunity thrown away. 

Once again the underlying concern is that we only look dangerous when the opposition defence capitulates. If they show basic organisation and discipline we really struggle to create anything. And if Morelos goes through a goal drought then we're truly fucked. 

There was a lot of talk of how big a month December was for us, going on a winning run and really setting us up for a good run at silverware in the new year. Now there's a real chance these players will down tools and the month and season will drift away into nothingness. 

Gerrard faces a massive challenge now to solve some of our glaring problems, however there's a lot of football to be played before he can bring in reinforcements in January. Even then I dout we can afford the quality we need for anything other than a distant second place and cup disappointment in whatever round we end up playing the taigs. 

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

We've competed at Europa League level with relative ease. Yes the opposition haven't been world beaters, and yes they may have had a change in managers however, Europa League average is still fairly decent. All teams have had several wily, cute players who clearly have a bit more experience and savvy at this level. We can certainly go out with our heads held high. It's just disappointing we couldn't make more of this great chance as it really was there for the taking.

Spot on

1 hour ago, King_gazza said:

Much better performance than the last 2 league games just lacked the killer pass.

They didn't have too many clear cut chances either, thought McCrorie put in a decent game.

Considering the quality we were up against . I thought it was a pathetic performance tbh

The stakes were massive and the desire was not even remotely good enough

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Considering the quality we were up against . I thought it was a pathetic performance tbh

The stakes were massive and the desire was not even remotely good enough

I agree, So did Gerrard tbf...he looked disgusted after the Dundee game, he expected them to bounce back from the sheep game and they were terrible again

I wouldn't say it's a lack of passion or heart tonight.

It was a lack of quailty and cutting edge in the final 3rd. A recurring theme in the last 3 games.

Our midfield is no where near good enough and lacks 2 players. One that can thread a killer pass and another that can run at teams and offer a goal threat from outside the box.