Lack of Real Quality

JM1872

That's what it comes down to for me - not individual peformances. No flair, no attacking power, no creativity from the middle of the park, nobody that can beat a man and most of all nobody that can really take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Feel as though we have been saying it forever but we STILL lack 3/4 players in that starting 11 with REAL quality.

Yes, it was an unbelievable achievement getting to where we were tonight all things considered. However, a few bits of quality at different points of the group stages and you can't help but think it would have been over before tonight. Disappointed.

Just now, JM1872 said:

That's what it comes down to for me - not individual peformances. No flair, no attacking power, no creativity from the middle of the park, nobody that can beat a man and most of all nobody that can really take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Feel as though we have been saying it forever but we STILL lack 3/4 players in that starting 11 with REAL quality.

Yes, it was an unbelievable achievement getting to where we were tonight all things considered. However, a few bits of quality at different points of the group stages and you can't help but think it would have been over before tonight. Disappointed.

That’s it in a nutshell, we’re shopping for bargain basements and expecting Porsche like performances. The gap between our expectations and reality is massive and that’s all down to the board who manage the purse strings 

21 minutes ago, gogzy said:

The game was crying out for a creative midfielder tonight, unfortunately we do not have one currently.

McCoist kept banging on about how Jack was head & shoulders best player on the park.

Where were the goals or assists to justify that, in a must-win match?

We need someone in there who can make a real impact.

I think we have two quality midfielders in Jack ( who I thought was exxcellent tonight )  & Arfield and one potentially in Rossiter. We just need someone who can make a penetrating through ball rather than spreading it wide and someone who can shoot from distance. Someone like Mendes. Not easy to find in January.

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It’s actually at the stage now when i’m thinking it might be worth putting Tav into the midfield 3 or changing formation to 3-5-2.

Let’s try 3 at the back with 2 wing backs and see how we get on with 2 up to. We have the players to make it work