January Transfer Window Dave?

StaunchLondonGer

Need to address the issue in the middle of the park.

Need number 10 and another center mid with quality.

Teams are learning to double up on us on the wings and we cant do shit. Need someone to either drive from the center and have a shot or pick a killer through ball.

Having only one tactic of passing it out and crossing it in is not working, but we dont have the players to do anything else.

Im happy with the European run, a good showing in the Scottish Cup and a 2nd place finish is okay with me. Not great but a move in the right direction. 

Can’t see any transfers other than loans or Steven Davis permenently  I’m predicting a pretty predictable January 

davis and solanke probably the best we can hope for (an I don’t even want Davis he’s past it imo) but even then might end up getting neither, anybody of lower quality has no chance of improving us so what’s the point? other than give Gerrard more options to play about with, Gerrards lucky there is another reason to deflect away from the rotational shite he’s been trying, too many our players are just not good enough

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Said this the other day.

We've got a massive amount of wages tied up in players who won't play, or aren't playing. 

Pena, Wallace, Rossiter, Foderingham & Dorrans.

Herrera will probably be back or paid off eventually too. Not to mention folk that aren't good enough. Which includes most of the midfielders.

4 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Surely that's what we did in the summer??

Players that are out on Loan most of whom we're probably paying some wages on? Not to mention players that are still here that hardly play or others that aren't good enough.

We had a partial clear out last summer. Needs completing.

10 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Said this the other day.

We've got a massive amount of wages tied up in players who won't play, or aren't playing. 

Pena, Wallace, Rossiter, Foderingham & Dorrans.

I tend to forget about these players but the money we still have tied up in their wages must be frightening. 

You could probably throw Alnwick, Holt, Dodoo, Hodson & Herrera in there too.

That must be well over £100,000 a week just being pissed up the wall.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I tend to forget about these players but the money we still have tied up in their wages must be frightening. 

You could probably throw Alnwick, Holt, Dodoo, Hodson & Herrera in there too.

That must be well over £100,000 a week just being pissed up the wall.

Easy, mate.

Think about how we could spend that?

Will cost us a fucking fortune to just get rid of them too. :megaanguish:

17 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Players that are out on Loan most of whom we're probably paying some wages on? Not to mention players that are still here that hardly play or others that aren't good enough.

We had a partial clear out last summer. Needs completing.

yeah that's fair enough mate.  i'm just very frustrated that with all the changes made it's starting to look once again like progress is minimal. It's like swapping one set of average players for another set of average players with maybe just a couple of exceptions.

I'd take Jones because although he's lightning it's his skill that beats players. Pace on it's own is a good thing to have when you're a defensive team and need an outball to get you up the pitch, but it's useless against teams who play with every man behind the ball.

Please not Davis though.

53 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Davis

Another Midfielder

Jordon Jones

Striker

That’s my guess..

Don't think we need Jones at the moment ,we have 4 wide players at the moment. I would be happy to get him on a free at the end of the season if we can't keep Kent.