January Transfer Window Dave?

StaunchLondonGer

2 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

Don't think we need Jones at the moment ,we have 4 wide players at the moment. I would be happy to get him on a free at the end of the season if we can't keep Kent.

Grezda taking time to settle, Middleton toiling.

you could play Candeias, Jones and Kent at same time

4 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

There's only one man that can come in and fill the missing link to the team finally gelling and taking flight....

Step forward Charlie Adam.

I hope that fat cunt is standing in front of the actual person your talking about, step forward, then get out the fucking way of the real player behind you? 

January is a difficult time to go out with the inflated prices tags. 

But we need to do something in that window if we are to have a real go at league and cup. 

3 players needed.

Top priority is that midfield. We need 2 midfielders. An attacking no 10 and a CM that can thread the killer pass. 

We also need another striker to support morelos and give us another goal scoring threat. 

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Sadiq,coulibally , ejaria, Flanagan, a 39 year old, Katic who never plays, Lafferty,  

i would give Gerrard fuck all money , 

If you're mainly bringing in frees or loans you're generally by default bringing in misfits that for whatever reason other clubs don't want.

I would agree that the recruitment overall has been poor. I'm not sure how much of the blame for that lies with Gerrard versus Allen versus the club not being able to cough up enough money.

Lafferty was however a fucking abysmal decision from the outset.

14 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Sadiq,coulibally , ejaria, Flanagan, a 39 year old, Katic who never plays, Lafferty,  

First 3 are loans and the next 2 free transfers. Title winning quailty in those markets are few and far between. 

We ain't improving without more investment. Gerrard is going no where so we need to back him. 

16 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

January is a difficult time to go out with the inflated prices tags. 

But we need to do something in that window if we are to have a real go at league and cup. 

3 players needed.

Top priority is that midfield. We need 2 midfielders. An attacking no 10 and a CM that can thread the killer pass. 

We also need another striker to support morelos and give us another goal scoring threat. 

Better get a letter off to Santa mate, we’ll have a better chance.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

So how do you propose that we improve if you don’t want to give the manager any more money then? :confused:

So you want to give him more money to spend on players like the 7 mentioned , an experienced manager is what we needed and still do 3 rookies haven't worked and I'm not talking about Europe, he's not added one bit of quality whatso ever, drawing with Dundee is embarrassing as was the 2 sheep results who everybody beats, not to mention his 3 at the back experiment against well, I could go on he's clueless

GK - well covered

Defense - reasonably well covered

Strikers - need at least one decent backup for Alfredo, starting to think Shankland might be worth a punt

Midfield -- our biggest problem -   Jack, Coulibaly, McCrorie are all too similar and we have no quality players to put in their place.  Midfield is not too bad defensively but offers little goalscoring threat and zero creativity.   Arfield is the only one who gets forward but does not offer that creative spark.

If SG sorts that out then we can batter on in 2019. 

34 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Give the scouts money.

Henceforth we shouldn't be in the position of going for a player on one man's assessment, manager or otherwise.

22 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

So you want to give him more money to spend on players like the 7 mentioned , an experienced manager is what we needed and still do 3 rookies haven't worked and I'm not talking about Europe, he's not added one bit of quality whatso ever, drawing with Dundee is embarrassing as was the 2 sheep results who everybody beats, not to mention his 3 at the back experiment against well, I could go on he's clueless

5 of the 7 players you mentioned where loans and free transfers.

Of the big money signings the jury is still out on Barisic, Katic, grezda and Goldson. Lafferty looks a total waste but. 

Let's say we sack him. Who are we bringing in to replace him? There was hardly a long line of experienced managers looking to take the job when Pedro got the boot last year. 

We'll end up stuck with yet another caretaker and look how well that worked out for us. 

For once we need to give a manager a bit of time to build a side up.