H&H Vienna Reaction

BridgeIsBlue

43 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Key phrase for me:  "honest triers" as opposed to winners.

Unfortunately that's where we are and where we'll stay until some real money gets spent.

Or even shopping wisely and buying at the right time works McGregor,Arfield,Morelos and Jack cost a total of 1million pounds and there is our four best players imo.

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

Or even shopping wisely and buying at the right time works McGregor,Arfield,Morelos and Jack cost a total of 1million pounds and there is our four best players imo.

That's what it boils down to - money wisely spent in a few more transfer windows. 

It was a fantastic run. Considering how we have progressed from officially the worst Rangers teams in our history in the last few years, to get to this stage was truly incredible.

That Steven Gerrard looked devastated and walked off at the end shows his commitment and positive input to get us that far.

I remember when Souness arrived, and not in his first season I have to add, took us all the way to a European Cup Quarter Final against Steua Bucharest.  That was the measure of the progress he made.

Gerrard's is even more incredible.

15 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He's right.  Last night I was gutted.  Last 15 minutes we stepped up harder to lose that goal at the end.  

However,  we can now concentrate domestically and I hope Sunday will be the start of a decent run again.  They are capable despite the midfield being chaotic.  Put the best team in and do this.  

1 hour ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

It was a fantastic run. Considering how we have progressed from officially the worst Rangers teams in our history in the last few years, to get to this stage was truly incredible.

That Steven Gerrard looked devastated and walked off at the end shows his commitment and positive input to get us that far.

I remember when Souness arrived, and not in his first season I have to add, took us all the way to a European Cup Quarter Final against Steua Bucharest.  That was the measure of the progress he made.

Gerrard's is even more incredible.

correct 

anybody coming on the forum back in June predicting we would get 90mins away from the last 32 would have been torn to shreds .

even progressing to the group stage was seen by the vast majority as a pipe dream .

it's just a shame that with a wee bit more of a few things we would have got through. 

we were still never going to win the tournament though