Gerrard : Post Match Reaction

Virtuoso

"Not interested in being top of the league".    

Said primarily as messaging for the first team squad I think.   Any of the first team players who think that what they've produced collectively in the league so far - including today - is good enough to earn them the vision of clutching a league championship winners medal at the end of the season is not only kidding themselves, they are kidding themselves in a place far removed from reality.   An exercise in keeping feet firmly grounded.    

And then pointing out to them.....and to us.....the statements of the blindingly obvious.  Not enough ruthlessness in front of goal - not enough killer instinct, and not enough who are brave enough or confident enough of gallus enough to create that extra edge, that extra quality, that extra bit of vision to go and create 2nd, 3rd and 4th (and so on) goals.     3 points but not good enough.....and a vast improvement is needed if dismissive talk of being top of the league is to be replaced by actual title winning talk.  

Being top of the league gives teams an extra incentive to try even harder against us.   SG knows that.   The thing is even if the players sort of get it, have they got enough of a winning mentality about them to deal with it and still press on to win games, even if they are scruffy 1-0 wins.    

Sure could to with some better midfield creativity and an additional player or 2 that can be relied on to get goals on a regular basis.   

Lafferty continues to disappoint.    Its time he started to deliver a lot more by way of goals.      

Just now, born a blue nose said:

If he somehow delivers this league he's going to have a fucking god like aura. I fucking love him man lol

he is. He will literally be a walking god amongst men if he delivers this.

55 minutes ago, gmcf said:

His last sentence is spot on . Being a Rangers players comes with responsibility and that's where we're lacking sometimes . Too many players don't want to take that responsibility and much rather play the easy ball and hope somebody else takes it on . 

Could’ve been more comfortable today if Lafferty would’ve played the easy ball to Middleton 

Good job SG isn’t a poster on here as he’d be getting slagged for being so negative. “We’re top of the league ffs “😄 

Love his honesty and the fact he’s not content. That is winner mentality right there.

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Could’ve been more comfortable if Lafferty wasn’t playing mate. 

Fully agree, he’s the same donkey that left six years ago. The only player over 6 foot who can’t head a ball

He’s 7 foot and he canny shoot....

31 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Lafferty continues to disappoint.    Its time he started to deliver a lot more by way of goals.      

Lafferty should be delivering pizza's cause he is shit for a big man at heading a ball. He must be scared of getting his hair all messy.

Just needs to put what he says into practise with the players.  Which looks to be tough at the moment.  

I liked that interview. 

This Wednesday game with the full squad back in motion(minus Katic I'm guessing)  will be interesting.  They better not think about slacking against the LB's lot.  

1 hour ago, Number5 said:

Sort of game that could easily end in a draw even though we're relatively comfortable. 

Reminds me of the Warburton reign. Every game a struggle.

Need to sort out that final third quickly.

It wasn't a struggle. You're unlikely to see a more comfortable 1-0 but aye we should score more. 

45 minutes ago, Misteral said:

It wasn't a struggle. You're unlikely to see a more comfortable 1-0 but aye we should score more. 

Struggling to put teams away week in week out. Every team we're playing at the minute are in with a chance

Looking like we're  devoid of ideas, get it wide cross it into box, doesn't work, what next.....rinse and repeat. Like I said similar to Warburton, nothing changes if plan A isn't working.

If this game was a one off then I wouldn't be worried. 

We're badly in need of change. Gerrard knows it.

I am not confident going into some big games.

Luckily the fenians are terrible.

Still 3pts is 3pts.

Great reaction from the manager it's good to see he knows where we are struggling. and I am sure he will work hard to make sure we add more quality in the january window. But for the next run of games we just need to secure the three points how we play will not matter one jot.