mitre_mouldmaster

Matt Polster

One of two Americans on trial at the minute.

Recently had his first cap for the US senior team.

Looks to be an attacking right back from the video.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

On trial? With us?

Apparently Stevie G said so at presser

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

Right back? Strange one

Holding midfielder or a full back according to Wikipedia

1 minute ago, kris1984 said:

Apparently Stevie G said so at presser

cheers

5 minutes ago, Cool Hand Coop said:

Injury prone.

The new Rossiter.

I thought Ryan Jack was the new Rossiter?

Polster is a good player. I've followed Chicago Fire for years now and really like him. Been out injured for a while but if he's fit then he'll be a good addition to the squad. Can play RB, CB or in midfield

• Like 1

Polster missed all but 3 games last season after a knee operation which is the latest in a series of knee injuries apparently.

I'll pass.

34 minutes ago, Cool Hand Coop said:

Polster missed all but 3 games last season after a knee operation which is the latest in a series of knee injuries apparently.

I'll pass.

He played regularly in the three seasons before. Goldson barely kicked a ball for months after health problems. It happens. If he's fit and passes a medical then I don't see the problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He played regularly in the three seasons before. Goldson barely kicked a ball for months after health problems. It happens. If he's fit and passes a medical then I don't see the problem.

What's your opinion of the player? Is he at our level? Tav is always attracting interest, makes sense to have a plan 

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

What's your opinion of the player? Is he at our level? Tav is always attracting interest, makes sense to have a plan 

I'm a fan of his. He's nothing spectacular but is a consistent performer. He was a regular in the Fire side before injury and looked like he was being groomed as a potential long-term replacement for Bastian Schweinsteiger at one point. His versatility will do him good and my Fire supporting mates are all gutted that it looks like he's on the way out the door. At 25 he's just coming into his peak years and a move to a higher level will do him a lot of good.

It’s pretty underwhelming to be honest.  

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

It’s pretty underwhelming to be honest.  

Depends what you were expecting tbh. Don’t know how you can be underwhelmed at a player being on trial.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm a fan of his. He's nothing spectacular but is a consistent performer. He was a regular in the Fire side before injury and looked like he was being groomed as a potential long-term replacement for Bastian Schweinsteiger at one point. His versatility will do him good and my Fire supporting mates are all gutted that it looks like he's on the way out the door. At 25 he's just coming into his peak years and a move to a higher level will do him a lot of good.

Better than Flanagan?

Just now, Siwel said:

Depends what you were expecting tbh. Don’t know how you can be underwhelmed at a player being on trial.

If he’s on trial attempting to win a move to Scotland I doubt he’s a highly sought after individual.  Obscure guys from the MLS, who have barely kicked a ball in over a year, doesn’t fill me with confidence that quality is coming in.  

Just now, TMB said:

If he’s on trial attempting to win a move to Scotland I doubt he’s a highly sought after individual.  Obscure guys from the MLS, who have barely kicked a ball in over a year, doesn’t fill me with confidence that quality is coming in.  

25 year old US international on trial in a position where we only really need a back up anyway. Dunno what you were expecting.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yeah.

That’ll do me

7 minutes ago, Siwel said:

25 year old US international on trial in a position where we only really need a back up anyway. Dunno what you were expecting.

A couple of quality players to improve the first team is what I had hoped for.  What we’ve been linked with so far is underwhelming to say the least.  After the managers comments the other day I don’t think there’s much money to spend, sadly.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

A couple of quality players to improve the first team is what I had hoped for.  What we’ve been linked with so far is underwhelming to say the least.  After the managers comments the other day I don’t think there’s much money to spend, sadly.

What about his comments at the end of last transfer window saying there’s money to spend in January if needed.