***The Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The squad are running on empty and yet again if Morelos doesn't score nobody does. 

Don't think we could have lined up any differently today given our resources and can't see any obvious changes to be made to improve things, but we need to find a way to get into the game in the second half. At the moment it's looking like December is going to turn into a disaster of a month. 

If there's one thing Gerrard has shown us over the course of the season, its that he can't positively change a game or inspire the team during the course of a game. 

So we're going into Christmas 3rd equal with Kilmarnock. And still, Gerrard sycophants will call you a "slabbering mess" if you point out he's doing a very mediocre job.  

1 minute ago, Dread said:

We've got by far the better standard of player than this mob, yet their team is superior.

Our wide players don't stretch the game, our midfielders don't control the flow, our fullbacks don't overlap.

Clearly Gerrard's not the only one to blame here, but today feels like a step backwards from even the Warburton era.

Who's that? 🤔

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

The question is where do we go from here?  4 goals in 7 games excluding today.   £7 million paid for Grezda, Goldson, Katic, Barisic.  The best one of the 4 is now injured (again).  McCrorie showed potential a couple of years ago but for me he hasn't improved.   We don't look like getting back in this game based on the first half.  

Biggest critsicim of Gerrard has got the be the fact he's blown 7 million on those 4.

Surely can't be trusted in Janruary with another big budget 

Realistically what can we do here? Middleton will come on, knock the ball past the full back and run down the wing hopeing to get balls in the box.

We don’t have somebody who can solve the sideways/backwards passing around the halfway line or make some movement in the middle.

I hope we have something up our sleeve for January.

The obligotry middleton sub, let's put all the pressure onto an 18 yr old rookie, that starting line up cost over 8 million, a fkn embarrassment of a performance, we look more like a bottom six team, 2 goals in six games and they came against dundee and Hamilton, 45 mins to prove he can lift them, if we get mugged again today the seasons all but over imo. 

1 minute ago, Don54 said:

68% possession and fuck all to show for it, not even one shot on target!

Same shit different day.

I'm getting so scunnered with this shite that I might just give up on football entirely and go and watch the Glasgow Warriors over in Scotstoun.

I'd say we need to prioritise 2 forward thinking central players over a forward. We have less than fuck all through there. I've said it plenty of times but I can't believe Coulibaly made it with his touch and inability to pass the ball yards. 

Archived