Sign in to follow this  
G.E.C.

***Official Rangers v Hibernian Thread***

12 minutes ago, jim beam said:

I hope your right and we do but all I’ve seen is us look like a team for one game against Hearts the rest of the games have been dismal with scraping a couple of wins and dropping points all over the place.I hate to say or even think it but we won’t come back if they beat us again on Saturday.

Agreed, we do not have the consistency of champions but we have a good core of players and I don’t think we’re too far away, especially given how poor the filth have been. We have got a pretty decent home record and their away form is shocking so I hsve hope. 

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I find that comparison to be a lazy one. The kid is 18. He has great potential to improve with good leadership and guidance.

It's not impossible but compare him to a number of other youngsters near enough the same age as him in the league like Ferguson and Porteous and they're so far ahead of him.

Even the wee cunt who's come into the scum's team is taking players on with skill and is playing without fear. Not seen all his goals but the one I did see was an outstanding strike.

Middleton constantly looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights and he's shit scared.

Should have had Ambrose on toast all game but hid and didn't produce one moment of good quality.

2 minutes ago, DC76 said:

I'm blaming the players who let the ball come in in the first place👍

So you are blaming individual players now without mentioning them? Before it was substitutions unsettling the balance? Which is it ? I think you are talking mince when it comes to the goal conceded.

Should have had Ambrose on toast all game but hid and didn't produce one moment of good quality.

Any decent forward should have this cunt on toast👍

1 minute ago, Getstiffed said:

By your logic we shouldn't even reply to each other as nothing being discussed has any bearing on decisions made at the club.

So I won't be expecting a retort because it doesn't make any difference.

Have a good evening.

Quite the opposite!

I'm only surprised by the notion that anything said here has the slightest effect on the club or players, despite continuing evidence to the contrary. I genuinely hadn't considered that to be a thing before.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So you are blaming individual players now without mentioning them? Before it was substitutions unsettling the balance? Which is it ? I think you are talking mince when it comes to the goal conceded.

Don't recall hibs having so much time and space in the middle before the subs but,hey I'm probably talkin fuckin mince

45 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Is Gerrard doing any better than Pedro or Murty? They got sacked, will Gerrard be sacked?

Yes because we made the Group stages of the Europa league and are closer to them than either of that lot.

3 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Yes because we made the Group stages of the Europa league and are closer to them than either of that lot.

only because they have been pish. look at points we have to same stage of season under Pedro and Warburton,isn't any better,probably worse in fact.

13 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

Quite the opposite!

I'm only surprised by the notion that anything said here has the slightest effect on the club or players, despite continuing evidence to the contrary. I genuinely hadn't considered that to be a thing before.

You're surprised by your own notion.

Might have to have a think about that one mate because I don't recall myself or anyone else suggesting anything that was posted on here affected the club.

Just now, Smile said:

Morelos was done early on but we never subbed him scored a good goal but one up fronts not worked for ages now.

I'd be playing 2 up even if was against Brazil.

1 up front is utter pish and always has been,any team that plays that are usually boring as fuck to watch.

delparlane likes this

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

Morelos was done early on but we never subbed him scored a good goal but one up fronts not worked for ages now.

Nobody tries to give him the ball, basically has to make his own chances. Crying out for creativity

Just now, WATPWATP said:

I'd be playing 2 up even if was against Brazil.

1 up front is utter pish and always has been,any team that plays that are usually boring as fuck to watch.

Leaning so heavily on Morelos will ruin him..wouldn't be surprised if he wants to leave soon tbh,there's only so much the boy can do on his own👍

Today groundhog dog. Punished again for not taking our chances. Subs again too late. 

Our lack of midfield quailty is costing us. Until we get some attack minded  quailty midfielders results like this will keep happening.

That can't be addressed until Janaury so should have stuck with 2 up front. We looked more dangerous with it. 

BlueAvenger likes this

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

We’re so wasteful on the counter. Middleton should have scored at least 1 today, Jack and Candeias reluctant to shoot. We always seem to take a touch too many.

You watch the EPL (and the taigs, sadly) and people pull the trigger every time they get the chance. We always try one pass too many or try and cutback into the defender

This. 100%

15 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

You're surprised by your own notion.

Might have to have a think about that one mate because I don't recall myself or anyone else suggesting anything that was posted on here affected the club.

Again, the opposite.

You're arguing your own fallacy. Whether it's your lack of understanding of logic, willful or not, I can't know, but for better recollection:

44 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

By your logic we shouldn't even reply to each other as nothing being discussed has any bearing on decisions made at the club.

You invented the part about me suggesting what anyone "shouldn't" do when I responded to your post complaining about people moaning. Replying to each other on a forum would seem to be the entire point of it, even those you disagree with, right? Even those raging at the keyboard after watching us fail to beat Hibs yet again.

To be clear, I like people wanting to write what they will here, and I am fairly sure you don't believe anyone here is helping to get a manager sacked.

5 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

Again, the opposite.

You're arguing your own fallacy. Whether it's your lack of understanding of logic, willful or not, I can't know, but for better recollection:

You invented the part about me suggesting what anyone "shouldn't" do when I responded to your post complaining about people moaning. Replying to each other on a forum would seem to be the entire point of it, even those you disagree with, right? Even those raging at the keyboard after watching us fail to beat Hibs yet again.

To be clear, I like people wanting to write what they will here, and I am fairly sure you don't believe anyone here is helping to get a manager sacked.

No mate, I made the point that I signed up at a time when a majority of posters on this forum wanted Walter Smith sacked (for all the same reasons funnily enough) so maybe I don't take all the reactionary posts going on today very seriously as a lot of it is from the same people. You quoted that specific post and the point you were making in that reply, however indirectly, was that it doesn't matter because It doesn't actually affect decisions taken at the club. My reply to that was clearly to say I understood that and to make the point that I've made in the first sentence of this reply: I don't take the reactionary nonsense seriously and that I obviously don't think anyone from the club is sitting going RangersMedia has spoken Dave, get the jotters. I think there's wires getting crossed here somewhere.

As for moaning about moaning, I'm not. I'm annoyed that for weeks the forum has ran like fucken Kevin Kyle after some matches all due to the incessant complaining about some of the most pointless shite I've ever seen posted on here. There's an argument going on about subs being too early, too late, or shouldn't have been made at all. Walter out, sell Alfredo and Tav and to fund Coulibally after 3 games, get Coulibally to fuck, Kent's shite, Kent's the new Laudrup so on and so fucken forth. The same posters over and over posting the same shite, meanwhile there's actual discussions going on about actual issues all carried out in a fair and reasonable fashion which take me three hours to navigate through because Jonny1690 with 50 posts wants to call Gerrard a dud.

writingranger and Hilly86 like this

Missed the entire match due to work, and by God am I glad I did or I'd be shopping for a new TV right now.

WTseriousF is it with this team? Only one person capable of scoring goals in the entire squad? Way beyond a joke at this point. Don't know where the hell they're going to come from on Saturday but anyone expecting a flood from this lot has built their ark for nothing.

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Another two players that get better with every game they don't play.

I'm fully behind Gerrard and he's been a revelation for the club, but near enough all of the players signed aren't up to it. Not sure how much of that is down to Gerrard, versus Allen, versus the club's lack of money.

I think some of those questions will be answered in the January during the window. A lethal playmaker/attacking midfielder would make all the difference. Who does Gascoigne play for these days?

13 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Missed the entire match due to work, and by God am I glad I did or I'd be shopping for a new TV right now.

WTseriousF is it with this team? Only one person capable of scoring goals in the entire squad? Way beyond a joke at this point. Don't know where the hell they're going to come from on Saturday but anyone expecting a flood from this lot has built their ark for nothing.

Oooh a love a good metaphor and some symbolism along with a dollop of intertextuality. Goal scoring definitely an issue!

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Halliday kidding on he was injured when they scored as well fucking prick

He was monstered, fair enough it happens, I accept attacking crosses is not his forte but rolling around the ground holding his head after was pathetic.