***Official Rangers v Hibernian Thread***

G.E.C.

8 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Team needs a lot of investment needed to win the league. We need 2-3 players who can find the net consistently and a few defenders and a creative midfielder.

Basically, that's a whole new team. Not going to happen in January and this Summer.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, GA1972 said:

If we had hired Steve Clarke in the summer, we’d be miles clear at the top 

I like Gerrard but what he’s offering up isn’t close to good enough. We blamed Warburton, we blamed Caixinha, Stevie shouldn’t be immune from the same treatment from time to time 

No we wouldn’t. Clarke is a defensive minded manager who sets his teams up not to lose. You put him in our dugout and he faces the exact same challenges and issues that Gerrard does.

2 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Basically, that's a whole new team. Not going to happen in January and this Summer.

Not really. Just those players who can make the difference. But really if you offered me 2nd and a Scottish cup win right now I would bite your fucking arm off. I just don't think we are good enough to win the league. 

10 minutes ago, JC10 said:

One positive for me today was Ross McCrorie. Great performance, particularly as he's not been playing much at all this season bar the last few weeks.

Agree with this. Also thought Shagger had another decent game and very nearly kept out the equaliser header that was a powered one from close range.. Just a fraction or two away from being a very good team. Its the lack of goals that's costing us with a bit of bad luck or opposition keepers having exceptional performances. The  Hivs are a decent team on their day and worked their socks off. Still should have beaten them though and disappointed, however, we've a chance to put things right on Saturday.

There’s obviously rumours about Katic personal problems etc but for me he came on and played very well today. I rate him very highly but for the manager to rate him that lowly he sent out Goldson literally hobbling around for the first 15 mins of the second half is nothing short of baffling. 

Thought it was amateurish at best and I think the manager owes the fans at least an explanation as to wtf is going on with him

17 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

There’s obviously rumours about Katic personal problems etc but for me he came on and played very well today. I rate him very highly but for the manager to rate him that lowly he sent out Goldson literally hobbling around for the first 15 mins of the second half is nothing short of baffling. 

Thought it was amateurish at best and I think the manager owes the fans at least an explanation as to wtf is going on with him

The Katic situation does need to be addressed. I also rate him and belive him and Goldson are our best CB pairing. We look much more solid at the back with these 2. 

Putting Goldson back out for those 15 is a terrible descion. It risks further injury and now he's a major doubt for the Saturday. 

4 hours ago, DMax399 said:

He does a lot of that unfortunately.

4 hours ago, gsa said:

He was monstered, fair enough it happens, I accept attacking crosses is not his forte but rolling around the ground holding his head after was pathetic. 

At least when he’s on the ground you know he’ll be straight back up

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The Katic situation does need to be addressed. I also rate him and belive him and Goldson are our best CB pairing. We look much more solid at the back with these 2. 

Putting Goldson back out for those 15 is a terrible descion. It risks further injury and now he's a major doubt for the Saturday. 

👍 Crazy..mibbe the player demanded it bit the medical staff should have said enoughs enough

11 hours ago, johanhentze said:

I honestly think that the league is tougher this season than it has been for a very long time.

It's not that it's tougher,it's the fact that us and them are fucking absolutely shite,both are the worst they've been in years. The league as a whole is absolute dog shite.

12 hours ago, DBBTB said:

No we wouldn’t. Clarke is a defensive minded manager who sets his teams up not to lose. You put him in our dugout and he faces the exact same challenges and issues that Gerrard does.

The difference with Clarke is he improves players, something very few management teams do nowadays. 

I agree that he’s a defensive manager, but they have the same points as us with an average squad. Give him the team we have and the money we’ve spent and he’d have more points. 

10 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Goldson should have been off getting treatment not playing on and doing more damage Gerrards judgment on this was terrible.

1 hour ago, Sket said:

It's not that it's tougher,it's the fact that us and them are fucking absolutely shite,both are the worst they've been in years. The league as a whole is absolute dog shite.

Only the filth have got worse that's helping the league look better its still an awfully poor league. Posters are trying to find excuses for Gerrard's poor management.

53 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Scum are the sole reason that there's a 'title race'.. some of our fans still refuse to accept this and claim a big improvement domestically from us, but there has been no improvement from our side as evident by our points return.

We have one point less this season after twenty games I'm sure.

Just watched the game again what the fuck was tav doing standing off the boy who crosses the ball with his hands behind his back. Fuck me big John Greig would have put the ball and the player right out the park. Never a Rangers captain in a million years. 

Archived