Lee Wallace

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of debate about a testamonial for Wallace, I for one was against that.

He's not been here ten years

He's not the only player to stay loyal - jig, little etc gave their all too.

However, it's an absolute embarrassment and disgrace from the club not to acknowledge him leaving.

I'm ashamed that the egos from boardroom down to management couldn't recognise what he's given this club.

58 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

You can't speak enough about his character, but I'll be honest, I'm amazed he's got this move.

Wish him nothing but the best though.

Absolutely mental move in all honesty, Gerrard looked st him in our development squad and by the posters in here that go to these games he was woeful, no chance of playing in a side that’s crying out for a left back yet get a move to a top end of the championship on no doubt a better wage than he was on here ha ha. Good luck to him. 

6 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Absolutely mental move in all honesty, Gerrard looked st him in our development squad and by the posters in here that go to these games he was woeful, no chance of playing in a side that’s crying out for a left back yet get a move to a top end of the championship on no doubt a better wage than he was on here ha ha. Good luck to him. 

Top end of the championship is stretching it abit mate 

Good luck to him at QPR. Stayed loyal to the club and the fans when many didn't.

I don't know if his body is still the same after going through the leagues with us. If he can get fit there's no doubt he can contribute to them.

10 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

Lots of debate about a testamonial for Wallace, I for one was against that.

He's not been here ten years

He's not the only player to stay loyal - jig, little etc gave their all too.

However, it's an absolute embarrassment and disgrace from the club not to acknowledge him leaving.

I'm ashamed that the egos from boardroom down to management couldn't recognise what he's given this club.

What did they do for Jig, Little etc?

18 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Won nothing and was loyal and true to the treatment table 

does not fit the criteria of a Rangers legend by a long shot 

I believe otherwise, but it’s all about opinion - else what we posting on a forum for! 🙂

51 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Won nothing and was loyal and true to the treatment table 

does not fit the criteria of a Rangers legend by a long shot 

Sometimes it’s about more than trophies and games played though. His actions in 2012 were completely befitting of a Rangers legend. 

I’ll never understand this mentality of people who want to make snide comments and tear down our ownso much and so often.

29 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Sometimes it’s about more than trophies and games played though. His actions in 2012 were completely befitting of a Rangers legend. 

I’ll never understand this mentality of people who want to make snide comments and tear down our ownso much and so often.

I have a different opinion on Lee Wallace 

Loyalty to me means nothing if that loyalty produces nothing of note in the long term. 

That’s just my opinion it may be unpopular but legends lift trophies. 

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

What is the criteria? Trophies?

We agree on a lot F&F but not on Lee Wallace 

yes, silverware, cups, leagues and a true winning mentality that brings success. Not hanging around our club for a season or two longer than need be. We could have freed up his wage if only he was desperate to leave (which he wasn’t). 

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

What did they do for Jig, Little etc?

Actually not sure they did much for jig, pretty sure they announced he was leaving.

I remember little leaving, there was lots released on the official site. 

You can't think letting wallace leave from the club without a whisper is acceptable? It's a disgrace.

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We agree on a lot F&F but not on Lee Wallace 

yes, silverware, cups, leagues and a true winning mentality that brings success. Not hanging around our club for a season or two longer than need be. We could have freed up his wage if only he was desperate to leave (which he wasn’t). 

How many trophies etc then? 

If he wanted to stay to try get back in to the team then why shouldn’t he?

Also, the staying too long argument, McCoist not a legend then?

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

How many trophies etc then? 

If he wanted to stay to try get back in to the team then why shouldn’t he?

Also, the staying too long argument, McCoist not a legend then?

You’re mixing up “footballing legend” and “character legend”

36 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I have a different opinion on Lee Wallace 

Loyalty to me means nothing if that loyalty produces nothing of note in the long term. 

That’s just my opinion it may be unpopular but legends lift trophies. 

Naismith and Whittaker more legendary than Wallace then?

Think some people forget that in 2012 Wallace was a highly rated player who had just had a good season off the back of a 1.5m move the year before and was getting international recognition.

He was a good player who was ruined by playing  against and with shite for 3/4 seasons.

He could have easily got a low end Premier League/high end Championship team.

Legend.

Archived