Lee Wallace

ForeverAndEver

44 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I have a different opinion on Lee Wallace 

Loyalty to me means nothing if that loyalty produces nothing of note in the long term. 

That’s just my opinion it may be unpopular but legends lift trophies. 

His inability to lift top level trophies was hindered by circumstances outside his control. On his day he could have held a place in a trophy winning team. 

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No I’m not, Gerrard’s a footballing legend, not a Rangers one. 

Wallace is a Rangers one, not a footballing one.

What if he takes us to 55, 56, 57

will he become a Rangers one then?

Wallace should be complimented for staying and earning good money to look after his family.  I’ll give him that 

47 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I have a different opinion on Lee Wallace 

Loyalty to me means nothing if that loyalty produces nothing of note in the long term. 

That’s just my opinion it may be unpopular but legends lift trophies. 

Guess that makes Stephen Naismith a legend. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Wallace should be complimented for staying and earning good money to look after his family.  I’ll give him that 

Maybe.

I'll think of it more as helping the club while the rats that never gave a fuck fucked off.

3 minutes ago, Brubear said:

His inability to lift top level trophies was hindered by circumstances outside his control. On his day he could have held a place in a trophy winning team. 

Did you see him against Alloa, QOS, Falkirk and the likes?

Remember he played in a team that spunked 15  points to allow the tarriers to win the league in 2011- 2012. Do you remember that run of about ten games or something that we couldn’t buy a win? 

But perhaps a better manager may have helped him. Like erm Gerrard?

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Whoever is in charge when we lift 55 will become a legend, the entire team that does it will be remembered forever.

It'll be some day to be alive 

29 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Naismith and Whittaker more legendary than Wallace then?

You can taint a terrific legacy by a single action, removing any ‘legendary’ recognition. 

Wallace did the opposite, enhanced his legacy by staying, while achieving fuck all aside from some of the most embarassing results in our club’s history (not solely his fault obviously). 

In terms of their footballing contribution, Wallace shouldn’t even be in the same discussion as them (feel dirty saying that).

Edit: I’d add that Wallace has been treated shabbily with regards to his departure. We should have a statement thanking any player that leaves, never mind a former captain. 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

How many trophies etc then? 

If he wanted to stay to try get back in to the team then why shouldn’t he?

Also, the staying too long argument, McCoist not a legend then?

McCoist fits your exact criteria as Wallace 

Tup’ed over and stayed - loyal and true

he also fits my criteria - won nothing of note as a manager and did a really shite job of it - Wallace did the same as a football player 

difference is - McCoist was a legend in footballing terms but not as a manager 

55 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Naismith and Whittaker more legendary than Wallace then?

Being part of successful teams and winning trophies made them legends, leaving in the manner they did then ruined that status for them.

Lee Wallace seems to have become a legend in the eyes of some purely because he stayed when those 2, plus the others, left. That doesn't make him a legend imo.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

We agree on a lot F&F but not on Lee Wallace 

yes, silverware, cups, leagues and a true winning mentality that brings success. Not hanging around our club for a season or two longer than need be. We could have freed up his wage if only he was desperate to leave (which he wasn’t). 

Cups and league are easy to use as a measure in more normal circumstances. Wallace never played for us in what can be classed as a normal situation. We were thrown into the lower leagues and surrounded by turmoil for about 6 years of his time here. 

17 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Being part of successful teams and winning trophies made them legends, leaving in the manner they did then ruined that status for them.

Lee Wallace seems to have become a legend in the eyes of some purely because he stayed when those 2, plus the others, left. That doesn't make him a legend imo.

I hope that first paragraph was an attempt at fishing

32 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

McCoist fits your exact criteria as Wallace 

Tup’ed over and stayed - loyal and true

he also fits my criteria - won nothing of note as a manager and did a really shite job of it - Wallace did the same as a football player 

difference is - McCoist was a legend in footballing terms but not as a manager 

Manager is different from players though imo.

As much as I don’t really like him or a decent percentage of the players I’ll always have a bit of respect for them staying/joining at that point.

Archived