Lee Wallace

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Probably hurt us more financially than any of the 'rats' did tbh.

At a max of 15k per week, Wallace will have earned around £6.25million (basic) in wages over his eight years at Ibrox.

In 2012, McGregor and Naismith were both individually valued at more than that. Both ripping up their contracts to inflate their own signing on fees at other clubs cost us their transfer fee.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

At a max of 15k per week, Wallace will have earned around £6.25million (basic) in wages over his eight years at Ibrox.

In 2012, McGregor and Naismith were both individually valued at more than that. Both ripping up their contracts to inflate their own signing on fees at other clubs cost us their transfer fee.

We were never getting anywhere near a true valuation for any of the players at the time though. Edu, for example, tuped over and left for what £200k? He was a 26 year old international valued at probably £5m.

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I despise them both but if they hadn't left in the manner they did then both would have a good case to be considered legends. 

So you consider every player that ever won a title with us to be a legend? :lol:

23 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You join him in the talking shite side lolololol 

Shut up, cunt. You louse. You got some fuckin' neck ain't you. Fuck off, you're revolting. Like a crocodile, fat crocodile, fat bastard. You look like fucking Idi Amin, you know what I mean? You should be ashamed of yourself. Who do you think you are? King of the castle? Cock of the walk?

14 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

We were never getting anywhere near a true valuation for any of the players at the time though. Edu, for example, tuped over and left for what £200k? He was a 26 year old international valued at probably £5m.

I liked Edu but he was never a 5m player. We overpaid when we signed him at 2.2m

9 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Shut up, cunt. You louse. You got some fuckin' neck ain't you. Fuck off, you're revolting. Like a crocodile, fat crocodile, fat bastard. You look like fucking Idi Amin, you know what I mean? You should be ashamed of yourself. Who do you think you are? King of the castle? Cock of the walk?

You sexy beast you.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I liked Edu but he was never a 5m player. We overpaid when we signed him at 2.2m

He still left for far less than he was worth though and McGregor, Naismith etc would've been the same. Nobody's paying top dollar during a fire sale tbh.

If your £6.25m in wages for Wallace is right, i think we would've struggled to get anywhere near that figure with player sales at the time imo.

16 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He still left for far less than he was worth though and McGregor, Naismith etc would've been the same. Nobody's paying top dollar during a fire sale tbh.

If your £6.25m in wages for Wallace is right, i think we would've struggled to get anywhere near that figure with player sales at the time imo.

The 6.25 is assuming he earned 15k p/w for the entire 8 years he was here (he never but I can't be bollocksed doing the sums. Probably works out around 5m over the course). I think that had the players intimated an interest to stick around regardless that we could easily have made that back for Naismith or McGregor at the time.

40 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

So you consider every player that ever won a title with us to be a legend? :lol:

That's not what I said at all but you already knew that.

Naismith won 6 trophies with us and Whittaker won 8. Had they not left in the way they did then they could easily be considered legends.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The 6.25 is assuming he earned 15k p/w for the entire 8 years he was here (he never but I can't be bollocksed doing the sums. Probably works out around 5m over the course). I think that had the players intimated an interest to stick around regardless that we could easily have made that back for Naismith or McGregor at the time.

At the time, the players wages were unsustainable and they were never staying imo, other clubs would've known that through agents etc.

If they did tupe over, the buying team could've practically named the price knowing we were fucked anyway tbh. 

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That's not what I said at all but you already knew that.

Naismith won 6 trophies with us and Whittaker won 8. Had they not left in the way they did then they could easily be considered legends.

So could Broadfoot, and he tuped over and left. But he isn't. Davis as well. Trophies doesn't equate trophies.  

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

But Wallace is?

Yes, and you know my reasoning.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So could Broadfoot, and he tuped over and left. But he isn't. Davis as well. Trophies doesn't equate trophies.  

Yes, and you know my reasoning.

So Broadfoot who won 4 trophies for us, tuped over and left us isn't a legend but Wallace is? Baffling.

Not that I'm saying Broadfoot is a legend for the record. I just don't get the logic behind that.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

So Broadfoot who won 4 trophies for us, tuped over and left us isn't a legend but Wallace is? Baffling.

Not that I'm saying Broadfoot is a legend for the record. I just don't get the logic behind that.

A took them all as winning the same amount lol. 

Are you genuinely trying to be awkward, winning more trophies doesn't make you a legend. 

If Wallace left like Broadfoot and Edu I'd still have a lot respect for him, wouldn't count him as a legend though.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He was a senior played that stayed. One of very few.

This is what he said about staying 

“My partner is expecting our first baby soon and my priority is to my family”

which is commendable but not legendary as it shows why he really stayed. 

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

This is what he said about staying 

“My partner is expecting our first baby soon and my priority is to my family”

which is commendable but not legendary as it shows why he really stayed. 

Stayed for Rangers and his family, legend to both. 

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

A took them all as winning the same amount lol. 

Are you genuinely trying to be awkward, winning more trophies doesn't make you a legend. 

If Wallace left like Broadfoot and Edu I'd still have a lot respect for him, wouldn't count him as a legend though.

Davie Weir is in our hall of fame. A Rangers legend.

He lifted 8 trophies with us, the same 8 trophies Whittaker lifted. If it comes down to appearances, there's only 12 between them.

If Whittaker hadn't left us in the way he did then he would absolutely have a case for being called a Rangers legend.

Winning trophies doesn't make you a legend but just staying at a club does?

Archived