Old Christmas Day Games.

tannerall

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I can just imagine the wife’s face if I told her I was off to a Rangers game on Christmas Day. 😂

The wimmen folk were usually glad to get rid of us menfolk on a Saturday back then, so they could do the shopping and gossiping, and get the dinner ready in peace for us getting home, but Christmas day was an exeption. 

We used to go to the pantomime on Christmas day back then too, and the buses would run too, seldom took fares, but we would slip them cans of beer as a thankyou, to have later. 

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

When I was a kid nearly every single Christmas my Dad would tell me about how he went to Easter Road in 1971 😂 

Colin Stein scored against his old club that day, the season we won the ECWC. Right up there with the day  at Easter Road in 75 when we won the title with a Stein goal.

Remember that game well -.

Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way

oh what fun it is to fuck

the Hibs on Christmas day, Oh jingle bells  ------------

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Colin Stein scored against his old club that day, the season we won the ECWC. Right up there with the day  at Easter Road in 75 when we won the title with a Stein goal.

3 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

And we used to sing a song to that tune. We sang "Die, die ya H***, die, die ya H***", cause cellic were the enemy and therefore "the H***". Then they stole the term "H***" from us, just like they stole "You'll Never Walk Alone", and just like they stole the wee guys at their boys club innocence. 

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

And we used to sing a song to that tune. We sang "Die, die ya H***, die, die ya H***", cause cellic were the enemy and therefore "the H***". Then they stole the term "H***" from us, just like they stole "You'll Never Walk Alone", and just like they stole the wee guys at their boys club innocence. 

Mary Hopkins..... Those were the days pal, fenians knew their place and Scotland fuck did not a give for them.