Full Support for Gerrard

RockwellGers

First thing he needs to do is get a proper captain in, then build a team of winners, right now his team has to many losers, six league games against celtic, Aberdeen, hibs and Kilmarnock and won none of them, if he can't show he can change it, he'll be offski. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

I think he’ll get it right eventually but this season is a season too soon. Needs full backing from the board over the next 2 windows. 

This, too many especially on here got carried away when we went top.  January transfer window is always difficult but hopefully, he can sort out our lack of creativity in the summer window.  Needs to address why we lose goals in the last 10 minutes of games plus he needs to get with his backroom team and try to understand why we get so many hamstring and groin type injuries, we seem to get more than other teams. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

I’m very much still backing him and I think we do need a higher calibration of player but he continues to make mistakes and shouldn’t be immune from criticism.

You’re right mate, but let’s not forget he is learning the job too, and at a massive club. He’s got my backing. 

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’m very much still backing him and I think we do need a higher calibration of player but he continues to make mistakes and shouldn’t be immune from criticism.

No he shouldn't but when the criticism ranges from he should have made a sub to he shouldn't have made a sub then it gets boring as fuck.

He's clueless , said after the Motherwell away game with his 3 at the back shite,and he's made mistakes in every game since

anybody that signs Sadiq, Flanagan, ejaria, coulibally , worral,, and couldn't beat shite like livi, Dundee, Aberdeen twice hibs twice,Motherwell , and piss euro teams like rapid and Spartak ( who weren't even bothering with that competition)

only big  away game he's won was against an injury ridden hearts team. Not to mention pissing 4 million down the drain on his big money signings Katic and grezda who he doesn't play! 

Pedro/ murty had more points last year, don't give this guy any more money in January , he'll piss it away

I think SG needs to give the board a no BS assessment.

He needs to ask the question from the board what exactly are they expecting and in what time frame.

Once confirmed he then needs to reiterate to the board exactly how much funds over what period of time he thinks he can achieve what the board expect.

If the money or the time frame do not comply with the boards expectations, he then needs to be open and honest and state what he thinks he can achieve / deliver with the funds / time he feels he has available.

I feel that SG is an 'all in / full tilt' type of person.

Time to get the message to the fans exactly what the next 2 or 3 windows will look like and manage our expectations in accordance with what the board are going to deliver to the manager.

The manager needs to put across his way forward in a realistic phased and timely approach.

Your thoughts?

6 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

He's clueless , said after the Motherwell away game with his 3 at the back shite,and he's made mistakes in every game since

anybody that signs Sadiq, Flanagan, ejaria, coulibally , worral,, and couldn't beat shite like livi, Dundee, Aberdeen twice hibs twice,Motherwell , and piss euro teams like rapid and Spartak ( who weren't even bothering with that competition)

only big  away game he's won was against an injury ridden hearts team. Not to mention pissing 4 million down the drain on his big money signings Katic and grezda who he doesn't play! 

Pedro/ murty had more points last year, don't give this guy any more money in January , he'll piss it away

So your backing lasted 6 months and one transfer window.

Just to clarify, now he's not allowed money to improve his squad, can he still bring in more loan players, and what do you expect from the 2nd half of the season?

He's brand new, he's a rookie, he's had 6 months in a new job that he has zero experience of. 

But his football ability and a winning personality has managed to get him through his playing career. 

I think he's got the measure of rodgers - and Gerrard is up for dragging this team and a few more signings to the title. 

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

He's brand new, he's a rookie, he's had 6 months in a new job that he's got zero experience of. 

But his football ability and a winning personality has managed to get him through his playing career. 

I think he's got the measure of rodgers - and Gerrard is up for dragging this team and a few more signings to the title. 

Your first two lines were exactly the reason he should never have got the job.

25 minutes ago, the old guard said:

First thing he needs to do is get a proper captain in, then build a team of winners, right now his team has to many losers, six league games against celtic, Aberdeen, hibs and Kilmarnock and won none of them, if he can't show he can change it, he'll be offski. 

This