What the fuck is going wrong and how do we fix it?

born a blue nose

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Your fellow patients at Gartnavel Royal Hospital don't reflect all Rangers fans, to be fair.

Off the meds are we, Ha Ha, don't like a dose of reality do we, well you are going to get plenty more as if you hadn't had enough of it so far, now where did you leave those meds.

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

i would argue with every single point ypu make in that post. lets start now.

" a team could....."                                       hahahahahaha

"no other managers out there".....           Gerrard did it - that is unrefutable

"no bearing on our league,..."........           .are you 11?

"away from this forum..."                          that's no what i hear - not even close

aye but.........

We have zero creativity and threat from our midfield. That can't be fixed with loans and free transfers. We need 2 attacking midfielders that can chip in with goals and assists. Right now it's Arfield and that's it.

We also need another striker. Morelos is our only quailty foward. If he's out or playing badly we struggle. Having another finisher also gives us the option to go 2 up front. 

Our defence is struggling with constant changes to cbs. We need a settled pairing Goldson and Katic my preference. 

Finally get the armband off tav. He's not a captain and leader. 

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

No that's not the hard part. The hard is getting teams to sell us their better players half way through a season. 

Really? I’m more concerned with being able to afford the better players rather than if we can prise players away.

I’d be more than astonished if in January we get anything more than a couple of low calibre players from clubs that are more than happy to shift them on for a wee while.

I just don’t see any significant money being spent in January by the board any money will be kept for the close season imo and even then we don’t have the cash needed to really invest in the players that are sorely needed unless I’m missing something.

1 minute ago, jim beam said:

Really? I’m more concerned with being able to afford the better players rather than if we can prise players away.

I’d be more than astonished if in January we get anything more than a couple of low calibre players from clubs that are more than happy to shift them on for a wee while.

I just don’t see any significant money being spent in January by the board any money will be kept for the close season imo and even then we don’t have the cash needed to really invest in the players that are sorely needed unless I’m missing something.

we still have financial constraints - there is simply no getting away from it.

1 hour ago, gsa said:

Firstly we aren't steamrolling anyone, secondly we don't have better players. We have more players and one or two with some quality but Jack, Coulibaly, Mccrorrie, Candeias, Lafferty, Halliday, Worrell, etc are no better than most Aberdeen/Hibs players.

Thirdly, we have an overly cautious manager in the dugout who wants to stand chewing his jacket rather than doung anything that night actually change the game. 

He was known as a player, by Capello amongst others, for being tactically braindead but at least he had ambition, dig and he positively affected games. He's still tactically braindead but he's lost the ambition and positivity.

Known for being "tactically braindead"? Fucking hell. Thats plenty using words like braindead.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

we still have financial constraints - there is simply no getting away from it.

That’s what I’m saying mate but I’m reading quite a few posts on here and Twitter that the January window will solve our ills.all it will do is bolster the squad with more bodies and probably not very good ones as we don’t have the cash for that 

5 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Known for being "tactically braindead"? Fucking hell. Thats plenty using words like braindead.

Haha. Okay mate. If you say it's plenty, I'll never use such a dreadful phrase again. 

Sideways pass..cross...sideways pass....cross...sideways pass....cross.

No, nothing braindead about that, at all. I'm sure it'll start working at some stage.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

6 wins in our last 16 games.

Team found out and Manager found out.

Manager found out? ...I genuinely don't think I Klopp (replace with any world class manager) could win the title with the squad we have at the minute. Winning the league this season was never going to happen. Another two transfer windows and if Gerrard has not delivered (or been given funds) then we can say he's been found out - very premature imo to say it at this stage.

1 minute ago, bluebell82 said:

Manager found out? ...I genuinely don't think I Klopp (replace with any world class manager) could win the title with the squad we have at the minute. Winning the league this season was never going to happen. Another two transfer windows and if Gerrard has not delivered (or been given funds) then we can say he's been found out - very premature imo to say it at this stage.

His tactics have been found out..

See Aberdeen games if you dont believe me.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Our tactics and performances look to have changed and deteriorated more due to energy levels running low, injuries, players not available for selection for various reasons than being found out.

Think back to hunting in packs and the fitness and intensity we demonstrated over 90 minutes. It's lacking now.

5 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Our lack of creativity has been found out (which is a squad issue). Besides him sticking boots on himself, we don't have game changers who can come off the bench and unlock a stubborn defence. 

If not Gerrard, then who? He's barely been in the job 4 months, and will make some mistakes but give him time...

There's hardly a player in the squad that knows what it takes to win things. Going a goal up then messing up chance after chance while ambling their way through games thinking they are won shows we don't have that winning mentality.

Too many don't give us full effort for 90 mins. Maybe they don't know how to.

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

It kinda breaks my heart to say it but maybe it's time to give mcgreggor the armband. 

It's time for him to repay us and time for every player to realise we do not draw at home to junkies. 

I'm gutted but serious

He seems to be the only one on the pitch that sees what's going wrong during games and keeps losing his nut about it. If even a couple of others shared his passion we would be in a better position 

23 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Our tactics and performances look to have changed and deteriorated more due to energy levels running low, injuries, players not available for selection for various reasons than being found out.

Think back to hunting in packs and the fitness and intensity we demonstrated over 90 minutes. It's lacking now.

Said this to my mate today. There’s no intensity about us. It’s been missing for weeks 

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

It kinda breaks my heart to say it but maybe it's time to give mcgreggor the armband. 

It's time for him to repay us and time for every player to realise we do not draw at home to junkies. 

I'm gutted but serious

A captain’s armband is overrated. Our keeper will bawl and shout and organise whether he’s captain or not. 

Just like Tav won’t stop what he’s doing just because he’s not captain 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Said this to my mate today. There’s no intensity about us. It’s been missing for weeks 

Oh no your wrong, very wrong. We had lots of intensity from the 87th minute onwards until the end. 

Why didn't we get it from 80 to win the game, that's the fucking problem 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

A captain’s armband is overrated. Our keeper will bawl and shout and organise whether he’s captain or not. 

Just like Tav won’t stop what he’s doing just because he’s not captain 

Sorry but a captain doesn't just happen on the park mate. I won't go into details but I was shit fiert of our captain in the PnD growing up. I ran through fucking walls for him incase i got attacked, behave yourself