They said it ruin the atmosphere

KingKirk

On 31/12/2018 at 14:05, .Williamson. said:

I don't see an argument for wanting it back to how it was anymore.

If anything it showed we should've done it years ago and they bastards should've never had the full stand in the first place,this is the way it'll be from now on too they'll be no going back :crabflute:

https://www.metro.news/sam-quek-limiting-visitors-will-result-in-a-lack-of-support/1383678/

Can read it here, such a strange person to be writing this article. She also seems to think we didnit because of Gerrard, pretty sure we had a huge waiting list already? 

Sam Quek: Limiting visitors will result in a lack of support

SELDOM is there a lull over Christmas and New Year that can’t be plugged by some sort of sport and this time it was no different, as at various times I tuned in to boxing, basketball, horse racing, hockey, rugby union, American football, darts and football.

With TV channels packed with coverage, social media was a hive of sporting updates, with one particular post catching my eye.

I was stunned to read only 750 celtic fans were present to support the Hoops against Glasgow rivals Rangers at Ibrox — a stadium which holds more than 50,000 spectators.

Initially suspecting it was down to some sort of safety concern, further scrolling revealed such a small number had attended because celtic had only been allocated the derisory number of tickets by Rangers from the outset.

Traditionally celtic would have been allocated the entire Broomloan Stand, around 7,000 seats, and although they would be outnumbered six to one within the stadium, their supporters would contribute to the infamous Old Firm derby atmosphere.

My own interest in the fixture has increased in recent years with former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers taking charge at celtic and further still when Anfield legend Steven Gerrard took the helm at Rangers last summer.

It seems Gerrard’s appointment didn’t only amplify my interest, as it turns out celtic had their usual allocation reduced by 90 per cent because Rangers had such a steep increase in season-ticket requests upon Gerrard’s arrival.

The club chose to cash in by allocating more season tickets, which in turn ate into away team allocations. celtic were made aware of this situation at the start of the season and retaliated by reducing the allocation of tickets that would be available to Rangers for the first Old Firm derby of the season. Some say tit for tat, I say fair enough. Rangers went on to win 1-0 this time. Was this down to the opposition having only 1.5 per cent of the ground backing them, or was it coincidence rather than a strategic advantage? Regardless of the result or reasoning, a reduction in the number of opposition fans attending games is a bad thing.

One of the best matches I attended in 2018 was right at the start of the year when Liverpool hosted Everton in the FA Cup.

As it was a cup game, Everton were granted the whole of the Anfield Road stand — more than 9,000 seats.

There was a sensational atmosphere, the fixture showcasing everything good about the beautiful game. My worry is that if a trend begins in football of reducing away teams’ ticket allocations, for whatever reason, the next generation will miss out on something very special.

I would hate to see a day when a relative footballing minnow drew a giant in the cup away and only a handful of their fans got the opportunity to watch the game live.

There’s also so much more to an away game than the atmosphere — there are cultural, educational and economic benefits to travelling to other areas of the UK.

Of the eight sports I watched over Christmas, only one has segregated fans/supporters, an indictment of the fact football has never been able to deal with the select violence that sometimes mars gameday.

Rather then curing the cultural problem, consensus has always been to try to stop it happening by separating supporters.

We have witnessed abhorrent scenes recently such as the abuse of Raheem Sterling. Football has realised it has to confront racist elements in the game. Let’s also stop greedy chairmen reducing away fans’ allocations before that too gets out of hand.

1 hour ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Never heard of her and I've no interest in her opinion on this matter, never again do they get the full stand, never again. I personally will be absolutely unashamedly beeling if this decision is EVER reversed. 

This 100% Scotty. 

A lovely looking lass, but like you I have no interest in what she has written. We must not change the decision from what it is now, 750 is plenty of these :wanker: in our stadium.