Ross McCrorie

RangersMedia

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

A fit McCrorie should be on the team sheet before Coulibaly every day of the week. 

A no brainer.

I was coasting until Coulibaly came onand gave me the fear and he went on to prove why! His body language said it all. Then his first touch was a pass back and the second supposed to be a short pass to Morelos and went in to SJR. An exageration, but you get the picture.

To a man in that starting line up, the right attitude. No shrinking violets and put on a master class against the supposed best team in the land.

McCrorie was a stalwart. Played like a seasoned pro. No prisoners

You could through the merits of every player, but be here all fucking night. A special mention for Jack who was immense. No prisoners and and a dream going forward. He is growing into that jersey so well.

To Tav. Fucking strong in defence today. No prisoners. Great passion.

To Halliday. I was grinning like a cheshire cat at his moves and his dead balls are fucking dynamite. Just a pity we couldn't make more of them. Like he had played LB all his life.

I'm still fucking melting here not only at the result but in the manner that we won. 

Looking forward to what will be a very productive and glorious second half of the season.

Ross is letting Ryan Jack get further forward and I don't think it's a coincidence that Jack got his first goal for us today. What a display from the whole team today, this result and performance could well be the trigger and confidence booster needed to challenge for the title. 

15 hours ago, MasterD said:

He has a lot more energy than the others in midfield IMO. Passing is generally off against the lesser teams when a defensive mid needs to do a bit more but against them this season and last he's been great.

This type of game suits his raw energy and ability to tackle/break up play. He was fantastic yesterday. Still a bit to learn with the ball at his feet against teams that will sit in........but I’ve always said it......a future Rangers captain 

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

He was written off for a red card at the age of 20

Lol. 

Anycunt that had half a brain understood his potential. 

Don't remember people writing him off. Can't you just enjoy that he was good yesterday.

McCrorie, Arfield and Jack has to be our first choice midfield now, they balanced each other brilliantly yesterday. McCrorie looks a lot better when he can give the ball to better passers around him and Jack looks better when someone else takes on the responsibility of protecting the back 4.

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

He was written off for a red card at the age of 20

Lol. 

Anycunt that had half a brain understood his potential. 

To be honest never saw anyone writing him off, just tht he had to control himself better and maybe not force it to much.

McCrorie was outstanding yesterday (as was the whole team) and my motm. He literally won every ball yesterday and broke up any momentum they had in the middle of the park and he's been doing it since he got back in the team.

He disappeared for a bit and got back in the side and has kept his place which out with his abilities shows he has the mentality to play for Rangers.

He gets a lot of criticism on here but the skill set he has can be very important for us especially if we play a midfield three. He thoroughly deserves his place in that 11.

24 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

There was somebody on here the other week proclaiming that he would never make it at Rangers.

Yeah there's been a few. I'm paraphrasing but some were saying if he's first choice in our team we've no chance of winning anything. Probably similar to the views on Jack who was a Dundee player, or Tav who's barely a £1million full back who can't defend, or Halliday who should be nowhere near our club.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. It's refreshing and it would be boring otherwise. No one is ever going to call it right all the time but some do make some crazy outlandish calls. It's not important though.

Ross may or may not become a mainstay but you at least have to acknowledge he has the raw ingredients to do very well. You also have to concede his style of play. He's not a Kent or an Arfield. He's very much a destroyer. He executes his role very well. His composure, passing and all round game is getting better too IMO.