How Do You Judge SG So Far?

BridgeIsBlue

He will be a colossus of a manager. 

Learning his trade at the moment but he is just a born winner who totally gets what it takes. 

Forthright, honest, knowledgeable. Smart enough to surround himself with top notch people. Razor sharp in front of the media. Clear headed under pressure. 

He will bring us 55 and then it’s a matter of  if we can keep him after his contract expires. 

He has done a good job so far and has made mistakes along the way but the way he has transformed the players you have mentioned above says a lot about him.

He needs another couple of transfer windows and good money to spend bringing in 4 or 5 really good players and I firmly believe that he will bring us 55 sooner rather than later.

Knows what it takes to win a football match and is definitely getting through to the players!

Amazing improvement under SG....would agree 8/10......but look forward to transfer window....a good playmaker and we'll see another improvement.

Great guy and going to be a great manager at Ibrox for years to come (long as Klopp stays at Anfield!)

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The transformation in Halliday, Tavernier, Jack, McCrorie and Morelos has been nothing short of phenomenal. 

Players whose ability has been questioned many times as maybe not being good enough but all showed yesterday that they can play, tackle hard, and beat anyone.

Morelos has been absolutely superb since SGs arrival. Halliday is a changed man. Jack in his last few games has been outstanding. McCrorie in his last 2 or 3 games is suddenly showing he can be part of this side. Tav is still Tav :happy:

Against: Some questionable subs or players starting games will be something held against him. results against us and not being able to beat down defensive teams as well (wish to fuck he would teach the midfield to shoot from range).

Positives: The way he looks after his players (especially during and after injuries), his handling of the press and takes a hard loss on the chin is refreshing. He also celebrates a win like a fan, you can see in his body language he is buzzing.

It wasn't too long ago some wanted him removed, a legend of a player and a new manager but not of our standard......give him the two years he deserves at least and then judge his results. Yes I guarantee he will slip up (ala Chelsea) but by fuck he picks himself up and goes again and wins (Istanbul).

Edit: Forgot to mention which player do you know would not want to play for SG? That might be a part of the players improvement, you're not hiding under him.

Improvement made in europe under SG and we are genuinely in a title race with celtic.  This represents real progress.

The board need to back the manager with transfer funds to ensure that the upward trajectory continues.

I am very happy with the manager so far:

An improved squad with not much wriggle room financially

Qualification for the Europa League group stages and the prestige and finance it brings.

Equal points with celtic at the winter break and our first league victory against them in 6 years and our first against a rodgers' side.

There have been negatives such as some silly points dropped in the league and the League Cup semi. However, I would argue that the former was always going to happen especially with a new squad and an extra 12 games from last season on our schedule.

The most important thing for me is his mentality, the guy is a winner, and we haven't had that at the top position in our club since Walter Smith. This combined with his knowledgeable staff I genuinely think we're on to a winner here. He just needs the players now!!

He is on track.  He is learning.  I like the fact that he he has kept himself professional and in check..........cool if you like. He had a change of heart as he went from saying if these players aren't good enough , I will get others. I think he took a step back from that and thought about getting max from what he had. He has done that now and will get more in of course. Improving what you have is the acid test of a manager.

Let’s be brutally realistic, he’s exceeded expectations so far.

I never expected us to make the Europa League Group stages, especially when drawn against Croatia and Russian opposition & Maribor who are a decent side. We then were unbeaten against Villarreal, beat Vienna and unlucky not to beat Spartak.

A McInnes type manager might have got us a couple more points in the league against the shite teams, but would we have just beaten the taigs at home and played them off the park? Not a chance!

We’ve now got some decent money in the bank, a stronger (and younger) squad & the valuation of some players increasing all the time.

A few EPL supporting friends couldn’t believe they’d not heard of Morelos. Pretty much all of them think he’s a £20million + player & we’ve now got a manager who will give him the exposure to get us serious money for him

He told us the truth from the very start. That he and his staff were going to work hard with the players to try and achieve success that we all want.

He told us we were going to have plenty of bumps in the road and that we had to just keep on supporting our Club.

I like the truth. 

Plenty of If's buts and mibees but 6 months in and we are heading in the right direction. Comeback from the break playing the same way we did yesterday and we could have a double to celebrate come May.

10 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Let’s be brutally realistic, he’s exceeded expectations so far.

I never expected us to make the Europa League Group stages, especially when drawn against Croatia and Russian opposition & Maribor who are a decent side. We then were unbeaten against Villarreal, beat Vienna and unlucky not to beat Spartak.

A McInnes type manager might have got us a couple more points in the league against the shite teams, but would we have just beaten the taigs at home and played them off the park? Not a chance!

We’ve now got some decent money in the bank, a stronger (and younger) squad & the valuation of some players increasing all the time.

A few EPL supporting friends couldn’t believe they’d not heard of Morelos. Pretty much all of them think he’s a £20million + player & we’ve now got a manager who will give him the exposure to get us serious money for him

McInnes would have been a disaster for us and set us back years more. That would have been a nailed on 10 in a row and we totally dodged that bullet

i don’t think we have very much money in the bank to be fair, A loss of 18 m over the last financial year is brutal. But having got rid of Caixinha and now looking settled I expect us to start clawing the money back over the next couple of seasons. We still need to strengthen though so could be 3 or 4 seasons before we are in break even territory. 

I still expect some wheeling and dealing with us selling some players to free up funds. If we get anything above 12 million for Morelos he will be gone