Brian Fantana

Are there any players in the Spfl worth buying?

Personally don't see many talents that would improve what we have, anyone any suggestions? 

I think Greg Stewart is a good player, he played well at Dundee when we were (allegedly) interested before moving to Birmingham. He had a good loan spell at the sheep last season and he's the standout in the Kilmarnock team. 

• Like 1

Another shout for Greg Stewart

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

I think Greg Stewart is a good player, he played well at Dundee when we were (allegedly) interested before moving to Birmingham. He had a good loan spell at the sheep last season and he's the standout in the Kilmarnock team. 

Just watching him on sportscene the now, danced through St mirrens defence to set up the second goal

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Just watching him on sportscene the now, danced through St mirrens defence to set up the second goal

Easy to pick some highlights to promote who they want on that programme (not watching).  All I'm saying is he's not been a flash in the pan having a good month before a window who could play anywhere across the front line or just behind; I'd rather have him than Grezda tbh.  

I'd imagine Davis is a done deal so with him more advanced and say Stewart, I think that's more creativity than we currently have in the last third. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Easy to pick some highlights to promote who they want on that programme (not watching).  All I'm saying is he's not been a flash in the pan having a good month before a window who could play anywhere across the front line or just behind; I'd rather have him than Grezda tbh.  

I'd imagine Davis is a done deal so with him more advanced and say Stewart, I think that's more creativity than we currently have in the last third. 

That and another attacker and we could still win the title. 

Greg Steward as well for me.  Some of the goals he’s scoring free-kicks, solo runs from the halfway line, some real class shown.  I’d like to see him given a chance wide right as an inside forward, a position he’s played before, coming in to support Morelos.

Killie have the most points in the SPL over 2018, yet arguably their best attacking player isn't good enough for a chance with us. FAF.

We need quality now and not guys to make up the numbers so nobody in SPFL that boosts our quality.

3 minutes ago, BF1 said:

Killie have the most points in the SPL over 2018, yet arguably their best attacking player isn't good enough for a chance with us. FAF.

He’s not good enough though. Remember last season when Mulumbu was constantly being talked up as the best midfielder going. Joined the tarriers this Summer and what has he done since? We need better players than  the likes of Greg Stewart if we want to win trophies and improve in Europe.

Look at this goal from Stewart against Aberdeen:

gif.thumb.gif.9af75385f089068404950119f7ca36d7.gif

That's from September 2018.  That's an impressive goal.  One of 8 goals he's scored this season and the guy has 6 assists.

A bit of skill by Stewart.

• Like 2

Jordan Jones for me. With better coaches than Kilmarnock, I think he could be a real talent for us.

Lewis Ferguson, great potential and good player and his dad derek and uncle Barry so good pedigree. The sheep would never sell to us.:aberdeen:

22 minutes ago, TMB said:

Look at this goal from Stewart against Aberdeen:

gif.thumb.gif.9af75385f089068404950119f7ca36d7.gif

That's from September 2018.  That's an impressive goal.  One of 8 goals he's scored this season and the guy has 6 assists.

Good goal, but no chance he's getting all that room to run into with us.

• Like 2

Stewart is better than Jones for sure. As is the right back at Killie. Porteous at Hibs is promising, McKenna at Aberdeen is solid, Hardie is doing well, Halkett is having a good season at Livi. 

11 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I would take Liam Kelly back tbh.

Probably the best shout. 

• Like 2