Brian Fantana

Are there any players in the Spfl worth buying?

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

At Aberdeen Shinnie was better than Jack

Don't let the fact that Shinnie runs around like a maniac and get's tore in blind you to the fact he's actually just an average footballer.   Jack was (at Aberdeen) and always will be a superior football player...knows exactly where to be both in and out of possession to intercept, tackle, take and make a pass.  Less visible (because he's not charging about) but much more effective.

• Like 3

I like cadden at Motherwell. Think he would be a good squad player in same lines as Halliday. Can play full back and midfield so bit of the multi use utility player about him. 

Ryan Jack was the best midfielder at Aberdeen just like Kevin Thomson was at Hibs. 

He may not have gotten the headlines, but anyone with half a brain saw how effective he was.

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I like cadden at Motherwell. Think he would be a good squad player in same lines as Halliday. Can play full back and midfield so bit of the multi use utility player about him. 

Serious tim

7 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

So was Neil McCann 

So was Fish Fingers O'Halloran. 

I'm not sure if any of the players in this league would be an upgrade on anything we already have and I include the 2 players we've signed on pre contracts in that.

Shinnie will be signed.

23 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Ryan Jack was the best midfielder at Aberdeen just like Kevin Thomson was at Hibs. 

He may not have gotten the headlines, but anyone with half a brain saw how effective he was.

Thomson > Brown

Mclean and Shinnie at Aberdeen > Jack

33 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Shinnie will be signed.

Not sure about that one I haven't seen him linked anywhere in the press just posters mentioning him?

There's a fair chance that Kamara will come in this window but we wont pay very much - it's whether Dundee want to take a small amount or keep him until the end of the season. 

Somebody did mention we had held talks with Shinnie about a pre-contract in early December but it has gone very quiet since. I'd be surprised if that came to anything 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

Shinnie will be signed.

Get him on a free I would take him......

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

There's a fair chance that Kamara will come in this window but we wont pay very much - it's whether Dundee want to take a small amount or keep him until the end of the season. 

Somebody did mention we had held talks with Shinnie about a pre-contract in early December but it has gone very quiet since. I'd be surprised if that came to anything 

I'd been told talks were held and he is desperate to come. Will not be announced before the season is over, and likely due to Sheep and how they treated Jack.

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I'd been told talks were held and he is desperate to come. Will not be announced before the season is over, and likely due to Sheep and how they treated Jack.

If that were true, I'd hope we just announce it anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

If we do sign him it’ll 100% be the summer before it’s announced 

Don’t think we need Shinnie when we have Halliday who covers the exact same positions.

4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

If we do sign him it’ll 100% be the summer before it’s announced 

Boy on ff who everyone seems to accept is related to shinnie or his Mrs in some way has said it's absolute nonsense and in no way will it happen.

Nearly everyone seems to be taking it as gospel so seems believable in that sense 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Boy on ff who everyone seems to accept is related to shinnie or his Mrs in some way has said it's absolute nonsense and in no way will it happen.

Nearly everyone seems to be taking it as gospel so seems believable in that sense 

My uncle stays up that way and I brought Shinnie up to him during the cup semi final and he was saying ITK people from the Aberdeen end that he knows have said that Shinnie would never sign for us. Obviously you can never say never but I think it’s pretty unlikely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Hope to fuck we don't sign Shinnie, he's rank rotten. 

He’d be handy if Davis, Arfield, Jack, McCrorie, Kamara, Halliday, Rossiter and Coulibaly all get injured.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

He’d be handy if Arfield, Jack, McCrorie, Kamara, Halliday, Rossiter and Coulibaly all get injured.

You forgot Dorrans too and maybe even Stevie G himself 😂😂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

He was on my flight back from holiday, if I'd saw this I'd have asked him (and he'd have probably told me to fuck off :lol:)

16 hours ago, DBBTB said:

My uncle stays up that way and I brought Shinnie up to him during the cup semi final and he was saying ITK people from the Aberdeen end that he knows have said that Shinnie would never sign for us. Obviously you can never say never but I think it’s pretty unlikely.

He's a Rangers fan.

33 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He was on my flight back from holiday, if I'd saw this I'd have asked him (and he'd have probably told me to fuck off :lol:)

Here, I wouldn't sign Shinnie on account of him being an absolute fucking mongo. He was on my flight home from Dubai on Monday and I just saw on Twitter that Aberdeen have flown out to Dubai for a winter training camp yesterday. So he flew back to Glasgow on Monday then flew out to Dubai on Tuesday. Who the fuck does that 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 2