Joe worrall

I, amongst others, have been critical of him so far, before the weekend he has looked slow, cumbersome, slack on the ball, not good enough etc, but saturday he deserves enormous credit for putting in a near flawless performance, his tackling was spot on, he read the game well, if he played like that every week there would be no complaints, 

We sometimes forget as well that he isnt even 22 yet, 

25 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I, amongst others, have been critical of him so far, before the weekend he has looked slow, cumbersome, slack on the ball, not good enough etc, but saturday he deserves enormous credit for putting in a near flawless performance, his tackling was spot on, he read the game well, if he played like that every week there would be no complaints, 

We sometimes forget as well that he isnt even 22 yet, 

This. If he plays as well every week he can stay as long as he likes.

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Other than McGregor, every one of our players upped their level on Saturday - they'll need to keep that form as their normal display now.

Set the benchmark. 

They have to realise that’s what it will take every game until the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, A.T.G said:

Imagine feeling like that on Saturday and having to go back down to meaningless England. 

Feel sorry for the lad. Him and Kent.

Bet Ejaria feels like a fanny now

Glad he’s gone, the next time you see him it be in a League 1/2 team. 

If he had been here and god forbid Stevie played him we may not have won that game. 

23 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Glad he’s gone, the next time you see him it be in a League 1/2 team. 

If he had been here and god forbid Stevie played him we may not have won that game. 

17 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Glad he’s gone, he was keeping Mccrorie out of the team regularly.

I’m glad he’s gone as well but I bet he watched that game thinking what have u done :lol: 

Some of his tackling was immense. 

If Him and Goldson keep playing like that, then they should be our CB pairing for the rest of the season.

Having a stable, consistent CB pairing is important, not a fan at all of rotating the CB's.  If they are fit, and in form, they should be playing.

3 hours ago, plumbGER said:

I don't think I have ever forgot he isn't 22 yet.

He was immense on Saturday, totally switched on and timing his tackles to perfection, didn't give their players a minutes peace. Seen him struggle a few times in other games when players get the ball and run at him, he never let them do it .

Seems he's enjoying himself here.

Like this one better

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

Thought he's played well the last 2/3 games , certainly knows how to header a ball out the box , and on occasion quite a commanding CH , as he was on Saturday . Let's hope this gives him the confidence to carry on in that vein . 

His performances remind me of big amo sometimes, when we are in command possession wise etc he switches off a lot and looks worse, Saturday looked like he was tuned in for every second of the game, and it showed

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

His performances remind me of big amo sometimes, when we are in command possession wise etc he switches off a lot and looks worse, Saturday looked like he was tuned in for every second of the game, and it showed

Yeah , I'd agree with that . 

There was a period of time when big Amo , too , had his doubters , but battled on , won them over and was a big player for us . 

He has shut me up with that performance......he really has.......... I've been one of his most harsh critics on here....... but no one is more pleased than me that he turned in such a commanding performance.

Hope he continues to silence all his critics with similar displays this season.

Even the Hibs game he was pretty solid. 

I would have had Tav or Worrall as motm, but anyone could have had it in the squad. 

They've well and truly seen what it means to us after that, hoping they are as hyped to beat every other cunt in the second half of the season.