Joe worrall

You're  only as good as your last game in here....Superb on Saturday but if he makes a mistake in 3 weeks time he will be rounded on again. 

He is decent but his lack of pace would be a concern for me but when the big man is on it he does a good decent job.

17 hours ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Other than McGregor, every one of our players upped their level on Saturday - they'll need to keep that form as their normal display now.

McGregor could have spent most of the game wrapped in a blanket to stay warm as he wasn't getting much exercise, but I said on the match thread that we had no failures anywhere on the pitch on Saturday and I hope I can say that again a few more times this season.

Can’t take to him at all. 

Feels like he came up here thinking it was beneath him to go on loan to Scotland. 

Maybe now he is starting to “get it” but he will need to keep up that level of performance if he is going to win the fans over. 

Still cant see why we bring guys like this in to develop them for their parent clubs when we have our own players that need that same development. Katic may not be the next Baresi but I can’t help feel that he would have really benefited from the time in the team that Worrall has taken 

3 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

It’s not so much Worrall I have a problem with, I’m just desperate to see Katic back in the side and progressing. Doesn’t seem like the gaffer has mentioned anything about him in press conferences of late either. 

There's a reason Katic seemingly has dropped out of the picture; what it is I have not a clue, but I don't think this rotation business has done him any favours. From when he signed, he played left of Goldson in the first six league games where he had the confidence of a more mature CB, then all of a sudden he was dropped for Worrall against Livingstone and Hearts (unused sub.) returned against Hamilton Accies, but was subbed on the 79th minute for Worrall; was then dropped against Kilmarnock and St. Mirren (unused sub) but returned to play right side of Worrall in our 7-1 victory over Motherwell, but was hooked on the 45th minute for McAuley. This was probably the injury that kept him out of the squads against Livingston, Hearts and Aberdeen, but he returned as an unused sub in the 1-1 draw against Dundee. He then was nowhere near the squad against Hamilton, and Hibs; returned as an unused sub against St. Johnstone. Came on to replace the injured Goldson against Hibs on the 61st minute and was an unused sub against the scum.

He also played in two of our League Cup games and was an unused sub in the semi-final against the sheep.  In Europe, he played every minute of our eight qualifiers, yet in the group stages he was an unused sub against Villarreal,  Rapid Vienna, Spartak Moscow; played in the away game to Spartak, wasn't in the squad against Villarreal, and returned as an unused sub in the final game against Rapid Vienna.

All in all, the youngster has definitely had a bit of a rollercoaster six months of his Rangers career, so it's going to be interesting to see what happens with him from now until the end of the season. Certainly Worrall had a great game against the scum, although I still think Katic has been consistently the better player over the period, but I'm certain this chopping and changing roles in the team isn't helping matters. Saying that, I trust our management team to keep Katic fully aware of why this is happening and it will make him a better player long term.

1 minute ago, Ozblue said:

There's a reason Katic seemingly has dropped out of the picture; what it is I have not a clue, but I don't think this rotation business has done him any favours. From when he signed, he played left of Goldson in the first six league games where he had the confidence of a more mature CB, then all of a sudden he was dropped for Worrall against Livingstone and Hearts (unused sub.) returned against Hamilton Accies, but was subbed on the 79th minute for Worrall; was then dropped against Kilmarnock and St. Mirren (unused sub) but returned to play right side of Worrall in our 7-1 victory over Motherwell, but was hooked on the 45th minute for McAuley. This was probably the injury that kept him out of the squads against Livingston, Hearts and Aberdeen, but he returned as an unused sub in the 1-1 draw against Dundee. He then was nowhere near the squad against Hamilton, and Hibs; returned as an unused sub against St. Johnstone. Came on to replace the injured Goldson against Hibs on the 61st minute and was an unused sub against the scum.

He also played in two of our League Cup games and was an unused sub in the semi-final against the sheep.  In Europe, he played every minute of our eight qualifiers, yet in the group stages he was an unused sub against Villarreal,  Rapid Vienna, Spartak Moscow; played in the away game to Spartak, wasn't in the squad against Villarreal, and returned as an unused sub in the final game against Rapid Vienna.

All in all, the youngster has definitely had a bit of a rollercoaster six months of his Rangers career, so it's going to be interesting to see what happens with him from now until the end of the season. Certainly Worrall had a great game against the scum, although I still think Katic has been consistently the better player over the period, but I'm certain this chopping and changing roles in the team isn't helping matters. Saying that, I trust our management team to keep Katic fully aware of why this is happening and it will make him a better player long term.

Spot on agree with all of that. There were rumours his Dad was unwell and he was struggling with that but that’s not been confirmed as far as I can see. 

I really hope he stays and starts to feature more in the second half of the season. I really like the big guy, so much potential. 

53 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Spot on agree with all of that. There were rumours his Dad was unwell and he was struggling with that but that’s not been confirmed as far as I can see. 

I really hope he stays and starts to feature more in the second half of the season. I really like the big guy, so much potential. 

I really don't know anything more about his Father, other than he had taken ill. I have great faith in Gerrard, but I think it was an error to play Katic on the right side of Worrall when we mauled Motherwell 7-1 and Katic got ragdolled by Bowman leading up to their goal. I think Katic was lost and uncomfortable playing beside Worrall; in fact, that was their first time as a partnership, so playing two youngsters who had never partnered with each other, especially against neanderthals like Bowman was not very bright as McAuley should have been on the right from the start with either Katic or Worral on the left. Was that 45 minutes the catalyst for Katic being dropped, or was it a coincidence that he seemed to be the "forgotten man" around that time? Only the gaffer could tell us that.

Fair play to the big guy. On arrival he seemed to think he was John Terry, but has clearly been told to focus on doing the simple things well. If it keeps up he’ll be a sore one to lose in the summer. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2018 at 19:56, Jeffrey said:

What an embarrassment that Ralston is, made out to be a hard man but spent the majority of the game on his arse. Dreadful player as well.

I remember all the taigs on social media wanking over him for laughing at Neymar when 3-0 down.