If I were the Chairman I would....

Blue Avenger

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

I certainly wouldn't scrap the Saltire .... it has been around a lot longer than the SNP ..... the Union flag represents all areas of our United Kingdom thereby identifying them with pride.  

It is our national flag and it identifies our individuality within the United Kingdom .... as does NI's Ulster flag and the English St.George's cross ..... the Welsh were already a principality of England before the Union ... hence why the Welsh dragon does nor appear anywhere within the Union flag .... they are however an integral part of the United Kingdom.

The Saltire like the colour green and grass pitches .... along with the word national and many other things in everyday life must never be surrendered ... as they are not and never have been the sole property of republican separatists.

Flying the Saltire with pride above our ground is also a sign of respect for all things that are good about Scotland and we should be proud of this ..... no chairman of The Rangers would try and remove this symbol of our individuality and our illustrious history of football victories that were won under the flag of Scotland.

It Is a symbol of our freedom to practice our own laws ... our own religion .... our own culture within the bounds and friendship of a United Kingdom with respect .... not just at home  .... but worldwide.... where there are more people with Scots blood running through their veins than actually live in the country of Scotland.

To surrender the Saltire is to deny our heritage and the dignity of all Scots proud to be able to identify with it .... and with The Rangers.

:UK::Scotland:

That's a decent reply Bobby . I know where BA is coming from, but your argument is best I've seen defending the reason why we do ourselves honour the Saltire

And his OP was just in fun . We cant agree on everything

15 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

Chairman for the day ..... more chance of you being a charlady for the day .... :p:

I certainly wouldn't scrap the Saltire .... it has been around a lot longer than the SNP ..... the Union flag represents all areas of our United Kingdom thereby identifying them with pride.  

It is our national flag and it identifies our individuality within the United Kingdom .... as does NI's Ulster flag and the English St.George's cross ..... the Welsh were already a principality of England before the Union ... hence why the Welsh dragon does nor appear anywhere within the Union flag .... they are however an integral part of the United Kingdom.

The Saltire like the colour green and grass pitches .... along with the word national and many other things in everyday life must never be surrendered ... as they are not and never have been the sole property of republican separatists.

Flying the Saltire with pride above our ground is also a sign of respect for all things that are good about Scotland and we should be proud of this ..... no chairman of The Rangers would try and remove this symbol of our individuality and our illustrious history of football victories that were won under the flag of Scotland.

It Is a symbol of our freedom to practice our own laws ... our own religion .... our own culture within the bounds and friendship of a United Kingdom with respect .... not just at home  .... but worldwide.... where there are more people with Scots blood running through their veins than actually live in the country of Scotland.

To surrender the Saltire is to deny our heritage and the dignity of all Scots proud to be able to identify with it .... and with The Rangers.

Giving up the Saltire to these yes bastards is a big no from me, they do not own it and we need to remind them that at every turn. 

Imagine us getting all serious in this fun thread from BA. :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Chairman for the day ..... more chance of you being a charlady for the day .... :p:

Fan tast tic post 👍 you're the man mate. 

The Saltire (the St Andrews flag) evolved as a result of a battle in Scotland. 

Now we have on the one hand the indigenous Scots, that are prepared to give that away, without even a fight for what their forefathers fought. To politicians, with Irish, republican, foreign policies. 

About time we pulled our people together. 

52 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Makes me think of all the fantastic Scots that have represented our club with great distinction over the last 147 years.

Used to wear gear with Scottish connections on holiday with pride. Would be embarrassed nowadays. Our identity has been hijacked by republicans. 

12 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

Used to wear gear with Scottish connections on holiday with pride. Would be embarrassed nowadays. Our identity has been hijacked by republicans. 

My identity hasn't been hijacked by anyone. If you think some folk using it with their politics have hijacked it then I question just how strongly you identified with it.

35 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

Travel the world and the seven seas - I am a Scot loud & proud, have 10 - 12 jersey, and every local I bump into knows that the Rangers are Scots and Scotland are British. 

I also make a point that the pikeys from the east end of Glasgow, are not Scots, or British, but are Irish. 

Because they are vagrants. 

38 minutes ago, The Dude said:

My identity hasn't been hijacked by anyone. If you think some folk using it with their politics have hijacked it then I question just how strongly you identified with it.

I've just been brought up to be British first by my parents. Good church going protestant parents who instilled a lot of morals, believes and manners in me at a young age that I still carry to this day. I'm nearly 60 now. I'm proud to be Scottish but I'll always be British first. 

14 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

I've just been brought up to be British first by my parents. Good church going protestant parents who instilled a lot of morals, believes and manners in me at a young age that I still carry to this day. I'm nearly 60 now. I'm proud to be Scottish but I'll always be British first. 

So what has been hijacked then?

I’d put an escalator up to the Club Deck,

Bring back halftime cheerleaders, and 

Put a smartcard system that makes you swipe out, and if you leave before the games done you’re barred for the next one, and if you leave before 80 minutes you’re barred for life. 

36 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Put a smartcard system that makes you swipe out, and if you leave before the games done you’re barred for the next one, and if you leave before 80 minutes you’re barred for life. 

👍Best idea of the lot .Seen guys leave 10/15 before end of Saturday's game .Coulldnt believe it .We waited 6 years for that and some guys can't stay an extra 10/20 minutes to savour it 

In all seriousness I'd introduce it 😀

2 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

Firstly, that'll be why your poor.

As for the rest, very Mel Gibson.

FFS even the Clans didn't give a fuck about Scotland and the corrupt cunts that ruled us. Well unless they received good bounty for services rendered.

We so give a fuck about our freedom, our identity, our laws, our religion and so on, will be the reason why SNPira rule this land with every authority in the land in their pocket and our very own religion with deserted pews? The continuance of sectarian schools. The year on year encroachment of the Boyne marches by GCC and every other cunting taig local authority in the land. BTW, the Ulster banner is no more thanks to the taigs.

That'll be why taigs have ruled Glasgow CC for the last fifty years and more.

That'll be why taigs can cover up child rape for the last fifty years and more.

Yes us Prod's are so proud of being Scottish, we've got it all sussed. Our civil liberties in tact. Freedom of speech. Masters of our own destiny. Scotland the Brave!

My feckng erse.

Nothing like a good dose of irony to clear the bowels.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

Firstly, that'll be why your poor.

As for the rest, very Mel Gibson.

FFS even the Clans didn't give a fuck about Scotland and the corrupt cunts that ruled us. Well unless they received good bounty for services rendered.

We so give a fuck about our freedom, our identity, our laws, our religion and so on, will be the reason why SNPira rule this land with every authority in the land in their pocket and our very own religion with deserted pews? The continuance of sectarian schools. The year on year encroachment of the Boyne marches by GCC and every other cunting taig local authority in the land. BTW, the Ulster banner is no more thanks to the taigs.

That'll be why taigs have ruled Glasgow CC for the last fifty years and more.

That'll be why taigs can cover up child rape for the last fifty years and more.

Yes us Prod's are so proud of being Scottish, we've got it all sussed. Our civil liberties in tact. Freedom of speech. Masters of our own destiny. Scotland the Brave!

My feckng erse.

Nothing like a good dose of irony to clear the bowels.

:confused:

Oh! Dearie dearie me .... mad mental rules ...... NURSE? ..... NURSE? ...... there's a Dave King impersonator running loose ..... :p:

You know nothing about me .... or of my finances ..... the very fact you even mention money and think it is an insult is a testament to your own massive inferiority complex.

I have adequate means .... but do not .... like you .... feel it is something to boast about or to use as a measure of overall success in life .... especially in a debate about our national flag .... nor would I use it to try and make others feel inadequate .... least of all in a debate about our national flag.

I do believe however that people like yourself .... who brag and swagger about how well off they are ..... as opposed to others less financially fortunate ... have very little brain power .... no matter their self inferred superior financial status.

It proves to me and probably others as well ..... that you serve no real purpose in life .... other than to try and act the part of a billy big baws on a football website by inferring that people who have less "wealth" than you are somehow inferior in intelligence .... when in fact in most cases in life the opposite is usually the rule rather than the exception.

the old adage " you can polish a turd all you like .... but it will still be a turd" ..... springs readily to the mind when identifying the type of species you belong to.

If Scotland is not to your liking  ... stop whingeing about the circumstances and use your wealth to change the situation .... if you are not prepared to do so .... probably best if you just fucked off and left my country.

I say my country as you don't seem to class it as yours ....  so put your money where you mouth is or leave.

:UK:

Seriously but I drive by Ibrox most days at work, even when it's not in my route, and one thing that annoys the fuck out me is that the "paper tickets-smart card" sigbs have yellowed like fuck and badly nees replaced. Then there's the bogging yellow panels on the Copland and the Broomloan too for that matter. Apart from that all is well 😁. Bar the food, the fucking.....