Defoe

gmcf

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bournemouth have agreed an 18-month loan deal for Jermain Defoe to join Rangers, according to Sky sources.

The Premier League club are understood to have two recall options - this summer and in January 2020.

Two recall options are in place.

15 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Weird that it’s a loan deal for the remainder of his contract, would have thought it would just be a transfer if that’s the case. Maybe Bournemouth want the option of recalling him if they have injuries and need a striker.

I think we have all seen that bit of news 

Won't be any worse than Lafferty coming off the bench, and will be a different type of forward to the ones we have currently, so quite happy with this on the face of it.

If this is the only striker we bring in though i hope that means that the real money is being saved for the creative midfielder we're desperate for.

1 minute ago, AljayBoy said:

Won't be any worse than Lafferty coming off the bench, and will be a different type of forward to the ones we have currently, so quite happy with this on the face of it.

If this is the only striker we bring in though i hope that means that the real money is being saved for the creative midfielder we're desperate for.

Arguably the biggest understatement in the history of the internet bud

Fantastic bit of business. 

Always a wee bit septical when older players from PL come so late on in their career but fact is he’s one of England’s most natural goal scorers in the past 20 years and is still fit as anything. He will score for fun up here if he is played up top WITH MORELOS. Don’t think our style of play at the moment would suit just him up top but with Morelos hold up play and the wingers running on I think this is a master stoke by the club. 

Remember we don’t make this signing if Gerrard is not our Manager. That’s what Stevie G brings to the club. We have a world wide brand mane at our helm and people want to join our club because of what he is doing here. This is an amazing signing and I am really buzzing well played Stevie G 🇬🇧

Just had a quick look at this video of his 37 goals (about 1 every 2 games) in his spell at a bad Sunderland team a few years ago and spotted the obvious.

37 goals. We need a clean finisher in the box. Guess how many of the goals were headers or shots outside the box ?

25 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Weird that it’s a loan deal for the remainder of his contract, would have thought it would just be a transfer if that’s the case. Maybe Bournemouth want the option of recalling him if they have injuries and need a striker.

It’s wage related. His wage is way above our reach therefore a loan deal where we pay a % of his wage and Bournemouth pay the majority suits both parties. There is also two recall options in deal one this summer and the other next January. 

28 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

also they maybe paying some his wages 

Archived