Defoe

gmcf

31 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Weird that it’s a loan deal for the remainder of his contract, would have thought it would just be a transfer if that’s the case. Maybe Bournemouth want the option of recalling him if they have injuries and need a striker.

More likely so that we aren’t paying his entire wage and Bournemouth will still contribute to it.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Siwel said:

More likely so that we aren’t paying his entire wage and Bournemouth will still contribute to it.

The only thing Bournemouth have to gain from that is the option to call him back I guess otherwise what’s the point, they could probably move him on to another team now in England as a transfer.

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

The only thing Bournemouth have to gain from that is the option to call him back I guess otherwise what’s the point, they could probably move him on to another team now in England as a transfer.

It also opens up a space in they’re squad for another player and takes a bit off their wage bill. 

Decent signing, far better than Lafferty/Sadiq, our 2 previous backup options & the kind of things loan deals should be used for, players on wages we wouldnt be able to afford normally 

Given his age though and the fact he's barely played in the last 6 month's, I don't think I'm as excited as the majority of fans seem to be 

44 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Weird that it’s a loan deal for the remainder of his contract, would have thought it would just be a transfer if that’s the case. Maybe Bournemouth want the option of recalling him if they have injuries and need a striker.

Contract has 2 recall clauses in it 

29 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Just wondering how the fuck we are affording his wages? Unless B’mouth the beautiful bastards that they are are going to be paying 75% of it 

It is aloan deal mate that (if it is true) is how we are affording it.

Archived