• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Hardly played

late 30s

slow

playing against packed defences

the time he gets up to speed fitness wise the season will be over!

poor signing

its 3 weeks till the next league game and they are heading to a training camp shortly. i have some concerns re this signing but thats no one of them

6 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Hardly played

late 30s

slow

playing against packed defences

the time he gets up to speed fitness wise the season will be over!

poor signing

I'm willing to bet a 36 year old EPL bit part player will be fitter than most players in our league.

Not too use what to think, but I'm backing SG to have some insight to what sort of knack he's in. If he's 75% of the player he was 4 or 5 years years back then he'll do us a good turn.

It shows ambition though which bodes well for this window!

2 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

The wages though? 

Well I am no expert mate but I assume we are paying a small part (15/20%) of his wages and it is a wee bit they are not paying.

I am sure he is not really in their plans unless they had an injury crisis so with the two recalls available it suits the player and them. 

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

its 3 weeks till the next league game and they are heading to a training camp shortly. i have some concerns re this signing but thats no one of them

A 36 year old who's only played 10 or so games in the last year and barely scored I would think his fitness would be the first concern, a great player in his day but not for me , hope I'm totally wrong and he bangs in the goals I would love nothing more, why didn't any other team try to get him even a championship side? 

Archived