Rossiter

MrMckee

End of the road for him? Seems we have a good number of midfielders already and with Davis a stick on to sign and the lad Kamara on a pre contract I don't see where he fits in. I think he has been fit for a while now but hardly making the bench? 

17 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

Get him out on loan for the next 6 months and if he still remains injury prone for that period then we need to let him go, although thats easier said

That would work for me, let him get regular football and see if he can remain free of injury and how he progresses.

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

He is unique Rossiter, a youngster and a marque signing - no idea what it is, but sure there's a plan for him somewhere with SG. 

Absolutely 0% evidence to back any of this up. 

Just not happening unfortunately. Very expensive gamble which hasn't paid off. 

11 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Absolutely 0% evidence to back any of this up. 

Just not happening unfortunately. Very expensive gamble which hasn't paid off. 

I'll go lightly on you, and explain for you:

Marque signing, england schoolboy captain, 

He's not old, so he's young,

Every player at Ibrox, and within our squad, including those out on loan, there is a plan for, either a plan to progress, or a plan to get rid. 

What's your problem - or you're another one of those clowns that suffer from inherent stupidity. 

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

Every player at Ibrox, and within our squad, including those out on loan, there is a plan for, either a plan to progress, or a plan to get rid. 

What's your problem - or you're another one of those clowns that suffer from inherent stupidity. 

OK 60 minutes in the last game of last season against hivs. 

Aye I take your point there's evidence he's young. 

I'm not sure there's been any particular plan for him other than hope he gets fit and starts contributing. They must now be starting to think this is not going to happen and so need to think of moving him on. 

1 hour ago, MrMckee said:

End of the road for him? Seems we have a good number of midfielders already and with Davis a stick on to sign and the lad Kamara on a pre contract I don't see where he fits in. I think he has been fit for a while now but hardly making the bench? 

Yeah I think so,even on the odd occasion he’s played I haven’t really been that impressed tbh.

we can’t really rely on him so would get rid at the soonest possibility 

5 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

OK 60 minutes in the last game of last season against hivs. 

Aye I take your point there's evidence he's young. 

I'm not sure there's been any particular plan for him other than hope he gets fit and starts contributing. They must now be starting to think this is not going to happen and so need to think of moving him on. 

Never mentioned how many minutes he's played, or hasn't - a marque signing is just that, getting the guy signed.

I've explained that I am sure that there is a plan, and the same goes for all our players.

Him and Dorrans, 2 players that we need to bite the bullet with & just say it's not going to happen with them 

Both must be on decent wages (20k+ between them) which could be used to bring in a player or even 2 who can actually contribute to more than a handful of games each season

One of the benefits of getting a little older is becoming wiser and realising that things take time.

I can only imagine that those who are saying to get rid of him are teenagers or in their early 20’s. The lad is only 21 (22 in March this year) and yet I’ve seen it said that we need to cut our losses and that with Davis (a 34 year old) signing it means the game is up for Rossiter. Do you not think that the plan could be to have him learning off of a guy like Davis (and even SG and GM)? Just coz he isn’t blazing a trail at 21 doesn’t mean he’s never going to make it. He’s a quality wee player who has been unlucky with injury for 2 years. There’s still plenty of time for him to shine. But if you’re younger or roughly the same age as him I can see how you would think he’s had his chance. But when you’re over 30 you realise at 21/22 you’re still a baby and have years to develop. If he’s still hanging around the bench at 24/25 then, yeah, he’s had his time and it’s never going to happen. But putting him in the ‘done’ pile just now is ridiculously short sighted.

1 hour ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

England schoolboy captain never has been and never will be a 'marquee signing

Absolute nonsense.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I said at the start of the season we wouldn't get any more than 4 games out of him because he is totally at it with the injuries and playing the game. I have seen nothing to change my mind. Get rid as soon as we can.

Spot on , another joke signing that should never have happened , everybody in the game knew he was injury prone.

Another taig supporter that has stole thousands from us.........