Morelos vs Solanke

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

Genuine question but what has Solanke actually done to merit about £40million in transfer fees! Probably more than the young Chelsea boy linked to Bayern to be fair. The market is mental!

Been on the pitch in 21 EPL games and scored a goal.

I literally cant work it out, im starting to think there is some form of massive money laundering scheme going on.

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I see Solanke has just been sold for £19m down in the EPL. Absolute fucking madness.

Would anyone here actually swap Morelos for Solanke?

When the time does come to cash in on Morelos, we must seriously be asking for bidding to start at that £20m mark.

Morelos, if he continues to apply himself will get to around the same market value as Sergio Agüero or Mohamed Salah.  When you look at his contributions to our side can just think the heights he can achieve if surrounded by better players, he has the world at his feet.   Agree with @mitre_mouldmaster we should be looking at 20M when we cash in our chips, hopefully post-#55. 

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Been on the pitch in 21 EPL games and scored a goal.

I literally cant work it out, im starting to think there is some form of massive money laundering scheme going on.

I've always been aware of the name, the potential but I've never really seen him play other than the odd highlights montage. I guess not many will have seen much of him either. 

He may turn out to be great but you sometimes wonder what scouts actually get paid. You would think there must be so much value and markets out there that many choose to ignore or dismiss.

23 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Genuine question but what has Solanke actually done to merit about £40million in transfer fees! Probably more than the young Chelsea boy linked to Bayern to be fair. The market is mental!

He went to Liverpool from Chelsea on a bosman only adevelopment fee was paid 

No doubt the "he's done it in England" argument will come up, but what exactly HAS Solanke done in England? Guys done literally nothing in his career to merit that price tag. 

It's a mental world when a team like Bournemouth can give Liverpool 40 mil for 3 average English players. 

27 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Morelos, if he continues to apply himself will get to around the same market value as Sergio Agüero or Mohamed Salah.  When you look at his contributions to our side can just think the heights he can achieve if surrounded by better players, he has the world at his feet.   Agree with @mitre_mouldmaster we should be looking at 20M when we cash in our chips, hopefully post-#55. 

That is complete chaos of a post 

English players between English clubs rip the cunt, mind andy Carrol went for about 30-35 million and Darren Bent has an accumulative transfer history off about 50-60 million bouncing about England 😂

I’m going to sound like an old fanny but the money in the EPL and Europe at large puts me off. 

If Morelos can start banging some in against sceptic and the teams in Europe (providing he stays for another campaign) I don’t see why he wouldn’t be worth north of 10million.

The reason English players get sold for stupid amounts is because of the home grown rule they have down there. Vastly inflates the price tag of mediocre/decent english players. Also the fuck ton of cash they are able to dip into doesn't help. The Chelsea boy getting priced at 20 odd million to Bayern is mental though

16 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

He went to Liverpool from Chelsea on a bosman only adevelopment fee was paid 

You're right. Last time I believe anyone on Twitter. Looks like Chelsea wanted ten million. Liverpool 3 million. So yeah nowhere near 40million haha. Maybe close to 25!

I have seen Solanke play on a few occasions.    Has potential but not kicked on.  

Morelos has been outstanding and as and when we are able to consistently play to his strengths and provide more support he will get better.    

Would put Morelos in the £20 million bracket by current inflated prices, £30 million by May.

55 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Despite the initial hardon for solanke a don't think anyone has actually seen enough of the boy to compare them. Some will nevertheless. 

Give me Alfredo for the next 5 months and the title and I'm happy. 

👍

That's a fair deal mate .... though I would rather see him stay and develop further and help win us a few more titles ..... then we could ask for whatever we want for him from EPL clubs and possibly abroad.

With CL monies in the bank you can do that as we would be the ones in control again .... rather than just having to sell him ..... no harm in dreaming .... :sarcasm:

:UK:

As fans and a club we do undervalue our players though.

We look at someone like Tav and say he isn't as good as Hutton was so he's not worth anywhere near the £8million or whatever it was that Hutton was sold for.

Except we forget that Hutton's fee then is the equivalent of something like a £30 million transfer today.

Can't remember where I read it but there was a list compiled of big transfers like Keane to United for £3.3million and Shearer to Newcastle etc. that then worked out what their equivalent transfer fee would be today. Not in real money terms but comparing their fee to the average transfer fee that season, then what that would be the equivalent of compared to the average transfer fee now.

Fee for Morelos definitely has to be more than £10 million.