Beaton calls in the police

The New Era

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Agreed and that seemed to be the narrative from everybody until a few people piped up about Morelos and now it’s been flipped around completely. 

It’s somehwat ironic that the refereeing has been awful across the board in Scotland and on the one occasion a referee does his job well he’s being put under so much pressure that it wouldn’t surprise me if he packs it in.

It's a joke how much pressure beaton has been put under. 

I've not been the guys biggest fan in the past. But he called this game down the middle. Let the game flow and didn't go nuts with the cards. 

The taigs have showing their true colours with threats and intimidation. 

If the SFA have any balls they'll hammer them with charges. 

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

The biggest laugh in all of this is if anybody took the time to look at all our other games with this mug in charge , the Old firm game was fuckin mild , the guy had a shocker every game and all against us......

HIVs game and the late free kick v Sheep spring to mind.

last time we won the league the Bheasts forced a Refs strike, with their mental paranoia, for the first time since then it looks like we have a shout at being in the mix at the end of the season. I wonder if there’s  some weird thread connecting these events, because for the past 7 seasons the Bheast Conspiracy Theorists have been much less in evidence.  All of a sudden their tame hacks are pushing the old Establishment Club/poor victimised Oirish line.

My girlfriend's son asked me about the  game - he is from Essex. I told him about the cellic statement on the ref.  He couldn't believe it and had watched the full game and thought it was refereed well.  He is completely impartial AND IS A QUALIFIED REF!

Former celtic striker Chris Sutton is expected to meet police today after he received a death threat.

The sinister message was sent to Sutton last week in the wake of the Rangers versus Celticmatch at Ibrox and it is understood officers are treating it seriously.

The 45-year-old – one of the game’s most outspoken pundits and a Record Sport columnist – confirmed last night: “I don’t want to go into any detail as this is a private matter and it is now in the hands of the police.

“Suffice to say, I have seen what’s been sent and it wasn’t a particularly pleasant thing to receive.”

It is understood Sutton has reported the threat to police near his home in England.

The revelation follows death threats made to match referee John Beaton in the wake of Rangers’ 1-0 victory on December 29.

Beaton had to be given a guard as he arrived at Somerset Park in Ayr on Saturday to referee the Championship match between Ayr United and Falkirk.

It is believed the threat was made to Sutton after the match but before he penned a ­controversial column in the Record.

He was scathing about the SFA’s failure to take retrospective action against Rangers’ Alfredo Morelos, who was involved in three incidents during the game where he appeared to lash out off the ball.

The SFA took no retrospective action when it emerged Beaton had witnessed them all.

In his Record column, Sutton claimed the SFA’s decision not to take disciplinary action against Morelos for his derby antics looked “like a stitch up”.

He said: “If they had applied the rules correctly then El Buffalo would have been on the end of three separate red cards.”

In his role as a pundit on BT Sport, Sutton branded the SFA decision as “shambolic” and “buffoonery of the highest order”.

The threats to figures within the game follow concerns at a rise in thuggish behaviour at matches, with coin-throwing, pyrotechnics and even racist incidents on the increase.

The threats come as Scottish football enjoys one of its most exciting seasons, with just a handful of points separating the top six teams in the SPFL top flight.

Sutton is noted – even in the opinionated world of football pundits – for his outspoken views.

In August 2017, he mocked an “anti-Rangers refereeing” petition.

Thousands of Rangers supporters rallied together online calling for the SFA to take action against match officials following Beaton’s ­performance at Ibrox in a home defeat to Hibs – ironically the same referee now in the firing line from celtic fans over the Ibrox match.

Beaton controversially ordered Ryan Jack off after the midfielder clashed with Anthony Stokes during the match.

But while Sutton agreed Jack should not have been shown red, the celtic legend ­ridiculed the Twitter campaign by punters.

He wrote: “Ryan Jack red card was an awful decision. But the petition for anti-Rangers refereeing? There’ll be one for Neil Lennon cheering a goal next.”

Sutton also tweeted support for the Hibs boss after a coin was chucked at him from the crowd at Hearts’ Tynecastle Park last October.

Sutton said: “On the Neil Lennon incident tonight… How can Neil Lennon be to blame for somebody throwing a coin at him? It’s a ridiculous notion.”

The threat to Sutton follows a long list of death threats being levelled at players, managers and referees.

Following the result at Ibrox, Beaton’s contact details were leaked online.

Trolls have since bombarded the official with threatening and abusive messages. A police spokesman said: “We can confirm that a complaint has been made to police regarding texts and calls received by a 36-year-old man.

“Police inquiries are ongoing into this matter.”

Following the threats to Beaton, SFA chief executive Ian Maxwell said in a statement: “It is with deep dismay that, in the last 24 hours, we learned of one of our match ­officials having had threats made against him and his family.

“We are in close contact with those involved and with Police Scotland to ensure they are safe and that those responsible are identified and held accountable for their actions.

“This is not the first time in recent weeks that our match officials have been targeted.

“Another referee was allegedly threatened and assaulted at a lower-league game prior to Christmas. These incidents are isolated but they are unacceptable and extremely concerning when they occur.”

In November 2017, a Rangers supporter who threatened to kill Lennon in a ­Facebook post was spared jail. Sean Cowan, 54, asked fellow fans for a gun so he could “shoot” the Hibs boss in the head.

Cowan was incensed after the former celtic star cupped his ears in celebration during a Scottish Premiership match at Ibrox. He posted the remarks on August 12, after Hibs’ 3-2 victory.

And in November, graffiti saying “hang Neil Lennon” was daubed on a wall near Tynecastle Park.

In 2011, a sectarian mob hanged an effigy of Lennon in his native Northern Ireland. Sutton was acclaimed as a celtic hardman but says that he could not have withstood the bullets and bomb scares faced by Lennon.

In 2011, Sutton said: “I don’t know how he put up with the stuff last season and I think that had an effect on where the title went.

“I can honestly say that if that was me, then I’d have been gone. I don’t know anyone else who would have stayed.

“Anyone else would have walked away from it all. It says a lot about his character. The stuff last season was ridiculous.”

Ex-Rangers star Fernando Ricksen, now bravely battling motor neurone disease, also previously revealed, in 2010, how he was targeted.

He said: “I’ve had hate letters sent to me with bullets in them. I’d messages telling me bullets were sent to the IRA so they could kill me.

“People phoned my son threatening to sort him out and beat him up at school. Supporters have physically and verbally threatened me on the field. My wife was abused in the street by them, they spat in my face while we were out shopping.”

Nacho Novo received death threats in 2008 as a Rangers player months after helping the Ibrox club to the UEFA Cup final. He needed his home guarded.

And after joining Irish League club Glentoran in 2017, Novo was again targeted. The threats were said to come from dissident Republicans.

Novo said: “Hearing the news about the threat was hard because you would not want that to happen to anyone but I got lots of support and that was important to me.

“The support came from everywhere and I appreciated it, because what happened to me was nothing to do with football.”

In 2010, then rookie referee Willie Collum received death threats after Rangers won 3-1 at celtic Park.

And when Rangers won the league at the same venue in 1999, referee Hugh Dallas was struck by a coin from the crowd, then had the windows at his home smashed by thugs and received death threats.

Sources say Sutton will meet officers from Norfolk Constabulary to discuss the threat.

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/news/scottish-news/former-celtic-star-chris-sutton-13821932

Question one, and it's the only question needed really. 

Why did he wait more than a week to tell the police about this? 

I know the answer, so do you and so do the rest of us. 

The return to victimhood has been complete :wanker:

I see the piece of vermin that is Sutton has been carefully construing a storyline with this threat to ensure that this shit storm will all be down to us. I smell shite.

I would suspect that wtf he received will not be traced, having one of his mates makng sure it is not traceable.The best deflection yet in making sure he will lose his job after the "corrupt" allegation.

The guy is a grade A fucking rat bastard, who should not be in a job after his rantings, but as usual the sfa failed in their duty to protect the integrity of the game, as Mr Liewell wouldn't have been pleased with him needing his services to further the scum narrative. 

On the very slim chance that this is to do with one of our own, he needs his bawz seriously parted as this whole shit storm is fuck all to do with us, but as said, I see this as a piece of carefully contrued fantasy by that rat bastard.

That corrupt paedo infested scum club and it's heinous support need brought to an end for thr good of the game. Time they all went home.

20 minutes ago, Basrah Bear said:

The English police will look into this more thoroughly than Sturgeons keystone cops ever will with Beatons death threats

Maybe down there they will  . Not get anywhere up here mate . It will be a dead end .

These scumbags play the same games with the same rhat infested tricks at times like these

On 06/01/2019 at 15:26, BlueKnight87 said:

I've not been the guys biggest fan in the past. But he called this game down the middle. Let the game flow and didn't go nuts with the cards. 

Well it’s the exact same as last time, did the previous ref strike not kick off due to the the fantasists across the city hounding the guy for a decision that he actually got correct? 

21 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

I see the piece of vermin that is Sutton has been carefully construing a storyline with this threat to ensure that this shit storm will all be down to us. I smell shite.

I would suspect that wtf he received will not be traced, having one of his mates makng sure it is not traceable.The best deflection yet in making sure he will lose his job after the "corrupt" allegation.

The guy is a grade A fucking rat bastard, who should not be in a job after his rantings, but as usual the sfa failed in their duty to protect the integrity of the game, as Mr Liewell wouldn't have been pleased with him needing his services to further the scum narrative. 

On the very slim chance that this is to do with one of our own, he needs his bawz seriously parted as this whole shit storm is fuck all to do with us, but as said, I see this as a piece of carefully contrued fantasy by that rat bastard.

That corrupt paedo infested scum club and it's heinous support need brought to an end for thr good of the game. Time they all went home.

Of course there is a smell of shite mate. You’re correct it’s that arsehole spouting it to incite the scum masses. His employers need to bin him. Be surprised if he got his jotters  though after the fucking travesty of justice we witnessed from our courts yesterday regarding that paedo. SFA have to step in and give answers on the integrity of what is happening not only with Scottish football, but where is the investigation into paedofile fc? We await as usual. 

On 06/01/2019 at 15:26, BlueKnight87 said:

If anyone has believed that over the course of the last few years the beasts have had an easier time from referees, or that certain players in their squad are almost untouchable despite being amongst the dirtiest players in the league, the surely this Beaton situation sums up why. Referees are clearly scared and intimidated into not treating them as harshly as anyone else as when they do it's death threats and a media orchestrated campaign against them. 

43 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Have these cunts had any charges brought against them for the statement yet. Pretty sure when we made comment on Collum the charges we faced were announced just a couple of days later. 

No. Their club hasn't condemned the death threats either.

Like the invisible bullets and bomb supposedly sent to TLB,this is a fog deliberately produced to cover up Sutton's and Septics statements.Deflection is their way to make them look the vicTIMS when in fact they are the guilty parties and should be hit hard by the SFA.

• 1 month later...

Police have arrested three men in connection with abusive messages sent to a referee after an Old Firm game.

The texts were sent to 36-year-old John Beaton following the Rangers v celtic match at Ibrox on 29 December 2018.

The official was criticised after Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos was not punished for several incidents in the 1-0 win over celtic.

Three men, aged 31, 33 and 41, have been charged in connection with communications offences.

All three have been released to appear in court at a later date.

A report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-47325471

On 08/01/2019 at 07:25, To Be A Ranger said:

That piece about Sutton has plenty of direct pointing at Rangers but anything that are obviously celtic scum threats are classed as thugs, dissidents, trolls etc without directly mentioning the manky club's name. Very cunning and sly as usual.

It's not just Sutton. Every news story I've heard today has mentioned the Kris Boyd incident today, mentioned he'd had a coin thrown at him....mentioned he'd received sectarian abuse.......at Kilmarnock's game at the weekend.! No mention of Scum FC!

8 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

It's not just Sutton. Every news story I've heard today has mentioned the Kris Boyd incident today, mentioned he'd had a coin thrown at him....mentioned he'd received sectarian abuse.......at Kilmarnock's game at the weekend.! No mention of Scum FC!

Wasn't them mate....Separate Entity 

Archived