Beaton calls in the police

The New Era

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Feel sorry for Beaton. Thought he reffereed what can be a difficult fixture really well.

Didn't get everything right but they rarely do, shouldn't be getting intimidated for doing his job.

Don't entirely disagree with the tarrier statement though, think it would defuse situations is the ref spoke after the game.

"Yes I saw Morellos kick Brown in the balls however I didn't feel it was intentional and I thought I'd let the situation play out."

Ref should have given this statement.

"Yes I saw Morelos catch Brown with his boot,  but even though there was no intent as he had his eyes on the other ball, I strongly believe it was a masonic conspiracy. Now please stop the death threats."

20 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

If it had been the other way round we’d be raging too.

But I hope we wouldn’t be as low as to physically threaten the man and his family, that’s the story not the bad refereeing.

Your right mate,and I for one was raging at Browns tackle on Candieas ,and the Macgregor hand ball incident which should have resulted in two red cards for them. But hey ho it didn’t so we have a moan and get on with it. Unlike these shite pundits and rats. 

That statement should have called out said pundits for inflaming an already volatile situation and made a direct pointer at seperate entity fc for their part in inflaming it also. 

It is a powderpuff statement which would have been as well unsaid. It has achieved nothing. 

12 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The SFA will hammer celtic via the disciplinary process IMO. They can't really come out with a public statement and rinse 1 of their members. 

Hopefully your right mate. Surely they will have to but I’ll not hold my breath 

36 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Don't entirely disagree with the tarrier statement though, think it would defuse situations is the ref spoke after the game.

I agree with most of your post but not this, if they started this refs would be in front of the cameras constantly and it would drive people away from doing it. Death threats and pundit pricks will also do this tbf.

3 hours ago, Ivybank said:

image.thumb.jpeg.fe24f61912ffd9e890cb35b226550dae.jpegfunny no media outlet mentioned this wonder why😞

This was brought up by a Rangers fan on Snyde the other night comparing it to Jack's challenge on May which he was sent off for last season, Mark Wilson's response was it was a fair challenge he won the ball, so there you go folks as long as you win the ball it's fair game to try and do someone with the follow through.

3 hours ago, Ivybank said:

image.thumb.jpeg.fe24f61912ffd9e890cb35b226550dae.jpegfunny no media outlet mentioned this wonder why😞

Difference between that tackle and the one Jack got sent off for is Jack was on his feet...not sliding along the ground out of control.   Show both to someone who has no connection or prior knowledge and ask which one got the sending off.   I think we'd have a very high percentage of those who get it wrong.

13 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I tried to tell you this ages ago, you clearly don't listen to my wisdom, god knows why not...

I don't know why anyone answers him like you say, he's the only poster I won't engage with on the entire forum, and there are some fuckin' roasters on here, but it's pointless trying to have a decent argument with him, he just ruins every thread he posts in, I can just imagine him chugging himself off whenever he gets a hook, guys a weirdo, he must be a real joy to sit beside at a game.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I’m sorry that thread did not show clear bias against us - it shows that there are some of our fans think there is bias against us - current events clearly shows their isn’t! ( I know that’s a decently constructed argument - one wonders if you’ll respond with the respect you think others deserve or is that only a one way street as well?) 

Yet again you completely fail to make an argument against the general view with any explanation, but only state that there is no bias shown ('that thread did not show clear bias against us').

Yet again you attack fellow(?) Rangers supporters by claiming they are simply wrong ('some of our fans think there is bias against us').

Yet again you make a flippant remark, thinking your humour(!) will somehow make your point for you ('I know that’s a decently constructed argument' - please tell me that was an attempt at humour and you were not being serious!).

Yet again you try to throw it all back at a fellow supporter who is fed up with your nonsense and try to blame him for your provocative attempt ('one wonders if you’ll respond with the respect you think others deserve or is that only a one way street as well?').

Same old, same old. You're either not getting it, mate or you're a deliberate troll. I hope for your sake it's the former and you're just not that clued up.

The standard of refereeing in this country is shite. Has been for years.

However, the number of Rangers supporters revelling in the Tim paranoia - after some of the posts on here over the last few months - is cringe-worthy to the nth degree. They'd do well to tone it down.

13 minutes ago, donegal_ger said:

This was brought up by a Rangers fan on Snyde the other night comparing it to Jack's challenge on May which he was sent off for last season, Mark Wilson's response was it was a fair challenge he won the ball, so there you go folks as long as you win the ball it's fair game to try and do someone with the follow through.

A red all day long.

Anyone otherwise minded is filthy dirty stinking inbred taig rat bastard.

11 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

there are some fuckin' roasters on here

Myself included:lol:

Aye he's best ignored, absolute clown.

Good that admin have noticed his attempts at derailing threads and warned him then he has continued so a ban is inevitable imo.

14 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I kinda touched upon it earlier but everyone has to take responsibility and accountability for themselves, especially when you're meant to be neutral and also in the public eye. Whether you like it or not you have thousands of followers, some of whom live on your every word (or post).

If I had a strong opinion on something and then I find out someone received threats my only instinct would be to step back and look at myself. Did I really need to say that? Could I have worded that better? Even if I think i'm right sometimes being right isn't always that important. You can think a ref is shite or disagree with something, anything but when you find out some idiot is threatening someone everything changes and it becomes a bit more real. Your opinion becomes redundant and no longer important. It should also make you rethink how you communicate in future, what language you should use, your tone. It's just common decency. It's quite telling however that the first response by all media types is 'It wasn't me'! Now no one ( I don't think!) is blaming them for the threats that have been sent but it would be naive not to at least look at yourself in this situation IMO.

Good post  . 

The lack of responsibility is quite frightening in some of today's media correspondents . As much as I don't like , or agree with Michael Stewart , there is a difference to him expressing his take on particular incidents as opposed to guys like Sutton , and c....c themselves , that go further and suggest conspiracy theories . 

Such inaccurate , and blatant distortion of facts are to align themselves with the more lower denominations of society and surely they must be aware that whatever they say will be used as gospel as any perceived injustices . The results of which we are seeing just now .

Sutton , in particular has previous for this and one would have hoped , even expected ,  when given a public platform to air his views , that some form of professionalism would have been expected of him from his employees . Alas , as has been seen continuously , that was a forlorn hope , and not only should Sutton be held to account , so too should his employees . 

At the end of the day we have all been guilty of abusing a ref from the stands, accusing them of cheating etc. 

You only need to look at the posts on here slating refs for being incompetent or cheats. I’m sure every fans site for every club the length of the country is the same. 

Thing is, the club like no other take it to a new level. Windows have been broken, refs investigated, driven from refereeing and in some cases jobs. And now threats against Beaton and his family. Unreal. 

celtic’s statement has contributed totally to this and as a club they should take a long hard look at themselves. Take responsibility for their own issues instead of blaming the world.

Let’s not forget that they were responsible for the previous referees strike. I sincerely hope that if there is a repeat action by the refs they do what they should have the last time. Point the finger to the real issue and only refuse to referee matches involving them. Leave them in no doubt that the actions of them, their management, their media puppets and their support are an unwelcome cancer in the sport which goes beyond the accepted level of abuse levelled at officials.

16 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I kinda touched upon it earlier but everyone has to take responsibility and accountability for themselves, especially when you're meant to be neutral and also in the public eye. Whether you like it or not you have thousands of followers, some of whom live on your every word (or post).

If I had a strong opinion on something and then I find out someone received threats my only instinct would be to step back and look at myself. Did I really need to say that? Could I have worded that better? Even if I think i'm right sometimes being right isn't always that important. You can think a ref is shite or disagree with something, anything but when you find out some idiot is threatening someone everything changes and it becomes a bit more real. Your opinion becomes redundant and no longer important. It should also make you rethink how you communicate in future, what language you should use, your tone. It's just common decency. It's quite telling however that the first response by all media types is 'It wasn't me'! Now no one ( I don't think!) is blaming them for the threats that have been sent but it would be naive not to at least look at yourself in this situation IMO.

Can't agree with this at all.

It is no one elses fault other than the asshole being an asshole.

Me giving an opinion on something wont make someone be a cunt, they were a cunt anyway.

I don't hold the media to any sort of real blame in this.   These bitter bastard tarriers are just looking for someone or something to vent their frustrations at.

Why should I, or anyone else change their tone or not give an opinon because there is a chance someone somewhere might do something silly?

1 minute ago, scotty1976 said:

At the end of the day we have all been guilty of abusing a ref from the stands, accusing them of cheating etc. 

You only need to look at the posts on here slating refs for being incompetent or cheats. I’m sure every fans site for every club the length of the country is the same. 

Thing is, the club like no other take it to a new level. Windows have been broken, refs investigated, driven from refereeing and in some cases jobs. And now threats against Beaton and his family. Unreal. 

celtic’s statement has contributed totally to this and as a club they should take a long hard look at themselves. Take responsibility for their own issues instead of blaming the world.

Let’s not forget that they were responsible for the previous referees strike. I sincerely hope that if there is a repeat action by the refs they do what they should have the last time. Point the finger to the real issue and only refuse to referee matches involving them. Leave them in no doubt that the actions of them, their management, their media puppets and their support are an unwelcome cancer in the sport which goes beyond the accepted level of abuse levelled at official.

Sadly your last paragraph because we rightly imho called out Gollum we'll be tarred with the same brush as them.

1 minute ago, donegal_ger said:

Sadly your last paragraph because we rightly imho called out Gollum we'll be tarred with the same brush as them.

We did. I would suggest we called out a referee for a very poor decision against one of our players. What we didn’t do was all out a referee over decisions which were arguably correct relating to another teams player. And as a support, whilst hammering him in here and similar, I’m not sure we made personal threats against him and his family which were serious enough to have required police protection. McInnes, Levein, Lennon....almost every manager has called out a ref at some point but there has not been police protection required from us, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hivs...Brechin. Any team. Just the one.

But in answer to your point @donegal_ger it is easy for the media to tar us with the same brush and I’m sure you’re right that they will.

46 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Difference between that tackle and the one Jack got sent off for is Jack was on his feet...not sliding along the ground out of control.   Show both to someone who has no connection or prior knowledge and ask which one got the sending off.   I think we'd have a very high percentage of those who get it wrong.

He may have got the ball but his follow through was a leg breaker (as can be seen)  and that’s red

Archived