Beaton calls in the police

The New Era

16 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Oh - and how is your own ‘everyone is against’ us thread going? Your one filled with ‘agendas’ and how ‘they’ are out to get us? 

This is pathetic by them -this is what it leads to -  and just as pathetic when we do it! 

8 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Hi troll.

Oops, sorry, been too busy celebrating to post (😂) an update on that thread. Like every other poster I have been on here though whereas you.....

I'll update just now, just for you x

7 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Ah mr paranoid tears his head -  I assume based on the last week you’ll close your nonsense thread down as current events prove my point and negate yours? 

Nope? Thought not! 

7 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How does it prove your point?

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

BP9, when you've stopped playing the victim, please feel free to answer...

6 hours now waiting for BP9 to show he's proved a point.

Where's that skeleton finger tapping away gif when you need it....

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Admin are just as bad as BP9 for allowing him to descend every thread he enters into this nonsense 

Admin could chose to ban every poster that throws out personal abuse at him, but we don't do that either.  We aren't just going t ban someone because he has differing opinions.

bp9 is a bear, he has a different opinion on a few major issues.  

some of the abuse aimed at him is disgusting and some of here really should have a think about the way you speak to people. ( that wasn't aimed at you, more of a general post).

He does post about football too, only those posts are lost in the flash mob that appears every time he makes a contrary post.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Can't agree with this at all.

It is no one elses fault other than the asshole being an asshole.

Me giving an opinion on something wont make someone be a cunt, they were a cunt anyway.

I don't hold the media to any sort of real blame in this.   These bitter bastard tarriers are just looking for someone or something to vent their frustrations at.

Why should I, or anyone else change their tone or not give an opinon because there is a chance someone somewhere might do something silly?

If someone is mental enough to threaten someone then of course its primarily all on them.

However I think we all have to take responsibility for our own actions, what we say and how we relay our views but if you or anyone else are content with yourself and how you've gone about things that's completely fine. Everyone thinks, acts and communicates differently.

Someone threatening a referee is not the fault of say Chris Sutton however he is in the public eye and his voice holds weight to a lot of people. Using words like conspiracies is extremely poor and appeal to those of a less sane nature and also to those who are borderline. Those kind of comments by Sutton  COULD influence some of these kind of people and tip them over the edge.

It has less weight for us as we are less important. My views carry no weight but I still have some principles. Going a bit left field but if I have a valid criticism of someone and then I find out that person has been attacked or has tried to harm themselves I would feel terrible, even though I know I've done nothing wrong. I guess that's the point I'm trying to make. I can have an opinion but I don't want anyone to come to any harm because of it even if my opinion is of 0.00001% relevance. I will still look at myself and see if I could have conducted myself better.

With regard to the last point we all say things or address people in an abrupt or aggressive manner from time to time and we don't always act the way we should. Again this applies more to those in the public eye but from time to time we all act like dicks so from my point of view I think self reflection is normal. We all snap at our family, partners and fellow fans on here but sometimes you look back at yourself and think I should have handled it better.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

However I think we all have to take responsibility for our own actions,

Exactly.  So the only responsibility lies with the ones making the death threats.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Those kind of comments by Sutton  COULD influence some of these kind of people and tip them over the edge.

While you might be right there, it's irrelevant.   Just because someone "might" do something if you say something, doesn't mean you shouldn't say it.

10 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Could Suttons comments be classed as hate speech? 

No, but what his speech does is give validation or an excuse to the idiots who already have in their mind that they are going to do x, y and z. 

Sutton is just being Sutton and at the wind up. The issue is with the morons who think that threatening a guy doing a job which is part of an entertainment industry is an ok thing to do. 

I get @gogzy's point about the responsibility solely being with the people carrying the threats out, and that is absolutely true. I just think that the way celtic named beaton was wholly irresponsible and added with nutters who are looking for an excuse to do damage, a man's family has been out at risk. 

The media commentators should just be taken with a pinch of salt, and for all his faults, Stewart at least tried to validate his reasons rather than English with his "whataboutary".

11 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Exactly.  So the only responsibility lies with the ones making the death threats.

The primary responsibility will always fall at the offender however it would be naive not to think we are all influenced by others, whether that be family, friends, colleagues, idols, celebrities etc. That's not to excuse the  offender but I think everyone has a responsibility in how they conduct themselves and the consequences of what they say or do.

11 minutes ago, gogzy said:

While you might be right there, it's irrelevant.   Just because someone "might" do something if you say something, doesn't mean you shouldn't say it.

I agree. If you have a valid opinion then by all means say it. However IMO if I was say Chris Sutton, I think it would be unnatural to look myself in the mirror without thinking twice about what kind of language I use publicly. I'm not for one second saying it's anyone else's fault other than the main offender but people who hold a bit of power and sway have to be careful with what they say IMO. At best he was probably trying to be funny. At worst though those kind of comments are pretty malicious. You are absolutely fine to disagree with this though.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

The primary responsibility will always fall at the offender however it would be naive not to think we are all influenced by others, whether that be family, friends, colleagues, idols, celebrities etc. That's not to excuse the  offender but I think everyone has a responsibility in how they conduct themselves and the consequences of what they say or do.

I agree. If you have a valid opinion then by all means say it. However IMO if I was say Chris Sutton, I think it would be unnatural to look myself in the mirror without thinking twice about what kind of language I use publicly. I'm not for one second saying it's anyone else's fault other than the main offender but people who hold a bit of power and sway have to be careful with what they say IMO. At best he was probably trying to be funny. At worst though those kind of comments are pretty malicious. You are absolutely fine to disagree with this though.

Fair enough bud.  We can agree to disagree :)

Its obvious to me that Beaton decided to keep his cards In his pocket as much as possible and tried his best not to make any decisions for either side, another ref may have sent Alfredo off for two yellows, sent McGregor off and awarded a pen and booked brown twice for the use of elbow and his tackle on DC, personally I liked the way he reffed the game, didnt make it about him and let the game flow, remembering some of the tackles Souness made during his career with only a free kick or yellow given its hard to see how he would have played much during the current age of retrospective analysis and punishment and trial by social media.

None of this , despite the smoke screen generated by the taigs disguises the fact that they were soundly beat by a far the better team.

Thats all that really matters

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Photo's are a terrible way of judging a tackle imo

You could make Jack on May look absolutely awful if you wanted to. Need's to be shown in full

Sometimes mibbe, but do you not think a still frame of a studs up, over the ball tackle like lego's on DC is pretty conclusive? cant see how a full video is makes that ok, should have been the first of two yellows for broon

There wasn't one red card offence in the OF.

They had just as many contentious calls like the McGregor handball and Brown's follow through on Candieas when he was last man. 

Overall I genuinely thought it was well reffed. Not too many cards and he let the game flow.

Believe me, if I thought they had been cheated out of it I'd probably be even more smug, but this is pathetic on a whole new scale. 

Archived