Beaton calls in the police

The New Era

Just now, ben51 said:

There wasn't one red card offence in the OF.

They had just as many contentious calls like the McGregor handball and Brown's follow through on Candieas when he was last man. 

Overall I genuinely thought it was well reffed. Not too many cards and he let the game flow.

Believe me, if I thought they had been cheated out of it I'd probably be even more smug, but this is pathetic on a whole new scale. 

Big game for big boys. The big boys did it and ran away from the tarriers and left them in pain. 

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Sometimes mibbe, but do you not think a still frame of a studs up, over the ball tackle like lego's on DC is pretty conclusive? cant see how a full video is makes that ok, should have been the first of two yellows for broon

It does look bad but I'm going to use the example of Jack again, in a photo that looks like a horror challenge but wasn't

I'm not meaning to defend Brown here it's more of a general point

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

There wasn't one red card offence in the OF.

They had just as many contentious calls like the McGregor handball and Brown's follow through on Candieas when he was last man. 

Overall I genuinely thought it was well reffed. Not too many cards and he let the game flow.

Believe me, if I thought they had been cheated out of it I'd probably be even more smug, but this is pathetic on a whole new scale. 

Agree with that , I thought he reffed the game pretty well on balance, it was refreshing not to have an ego in black wanting to make it about him and two teams being allowed to get on with it. Would feel different though had it finished goalless after the McGregor handball right enough

15 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

It does look bad but I'm going to use the example of Jack again, in a photo that looks like a horror challenge but wasn't

I'm not meaning to defend Brown here it's more of a general point

i agree with the general point mate its just with that particular tackle its the position of the studs and the height of the tackle that makes it worthy of a card imo and a still frame makes that apparent in a way the real time video sometime doesn't.

Alfredo's boot at broon baws is a perfect example of what you're talking about imo.

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

The SFA will hammer celtic via the disciplinary process IMO. They can't really come out with a public statement and rinse 1 of their members. 

media are doing their best to make the statement more cute than ours so it will be unpunishable 

Think I actually hate them more over the last week. Their response to a defeat is pathetic. Its got me even more determined we put them back where they belong as soon as possible so  I am hoping our team are getting the same feeling. 

3 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I’m sorry that thread did not show clear bias against us - it shows that there are some of our fans think there is bias against us - current events clearly shows their isn’t! ( I know that’s a decently constructed argument - one wonders if you’ll respond with the respect you think others deserve or is that only a one way street as well?) 

Care to explain what current events clearly shows there isn’t? Cause the taigs complaining about Beaton over absolutely fuck all doesn’t show it. I’ll except any fan of any team claiming a bias if it’s justified but what celtc  do is not done because of bias, it’s done to intimidate and influence referees.

Just now, OceanRain said:

It will be punished regardless.

can't see it myself. 

despite the recent Morelos compliance issue they get away with things we don't. 

Saying that I really don't think by the letter of the laws any of what Morelos did constituted a red card .He could easily have had yellow cards for each offence but they don't have a system where they could add yellows together and give a ban .Something that seems lost in the taig media .But they do have an anti Morelos agenda 

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

The SFA will hammer celtic via the disciplinary process IMO. They can't really come out with a public statement and rinse 1 of their members. 

That doesn't seem to be likely as Maxwell has now been quoted that he is willing to meet with lawell to discuss the situation. Didn't see any offer to meet with us when we had our issues. 

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

Exactly.  So the only responsibility lies with the ones making the death threats.

While you might be right there, it's irrelevant.   Just because someone "might" do something if you say something, doesn't mean you shouldn't say it.

Don’t agree on that one mate, Sutton and the rest of the media know exactly what they are doing by using words like CONSPIRACY, CHEATING and claiming Scottish Football is corrupt and they might as well switch off the lights. 

They know exactly what muppets they are appealing to and they should know what could happen as it’s happened in the past on more than one occasion. They have a responsibility far beyond simple fans on a football forum to calm things down instead of stoking the flames. 

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Reading on FF that someone apparently pulled Sutton up for his comments on BT this afternoon

Yeah it was a ref or ex ref that said his comments didn't help. 

17 minutes ago, Brubear said:

That doesn't seem to be likely as Maxwell has now been quoted that he is willing to meet with lawell to discuss the situation. Didn't see any offer to meet with us when we had our issues. 

Did Maxwell not say that they (SFA) were happy to meet with member clubs to discuss anything they weren't happy with (not just Lawell/celtic)?

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Reading on FF that someone apparently pulled Sutton up for his comments on BT this afternoon

It would be good if BT itself dealt with him.    I find it very hard to believe that the Chairman, CEO and Board of BT endorse the sorts of poisonous things Sutton comes out with in is comments.     If they think that provoking controversy in the way Sutton does is a good thing for BT's reputation, and stand behind the adage of no publicity is bad publicity then in this age they are - I believe - profoundly mistaken.    It will be a better day for football in general and for televised football and for football punditry when Sutton is eventually no longer required by BT or anybody in the media.      

4 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

It would be good if BT itself dealt with him.    I find it very hard to believe that the Chairman, CEO and Board of BT endorse the sorts of poisonous things Sutton comes out with in is comments.     If they think that provoking controversy in the way Sutton does is a good thing for BT's reputation, and stand behind the adage of no publicity is bad publicity then in this age they are - I believe - profoundly mistaken.    It will be a better day for football in general and for televised football and for football punditry when Sutton is eventually no longer required by BT or anybody in the media.      

'buffalo brains' how's that acceptable?

They've played the victim card ever since they arrived here, and it's worked great for them, they now have the Scottish first minister sitting with Sinn Fein, opposing the British government, run councils, the media, thanks to the British Military, they could never achieve a United Ireland, plan B, do it through Scotland, the snp, and the break up of the UK.

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

U could argue hes being coy and very smart with those remarks.  Basically putting us forward as favorites with everything to lose and them with everything to gain.  A bit like his comments regards refs and passing everything off towards us.  Most would say hes an idiot which is what he thrives on but i see him as a smart fly cunt playing his own tune to suit his own agenda fucking us over in the process

43 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

They'll be fined. More than likely the exact same amount we were.

42 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I agree 

10 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

It's not acceptable imo.   I had to listen to what he was saying a few times just to check what phrase he was using.  Smile though he may at what he thinks is a funny jibe bur coming from him I don't think its in the least bit acceptable.    Someone less controversial in his anti-Rangers views and unbiased might get away with it as a poor-taste attempt at a funny jibe but with Sutton's history it takes on a more sinister aspect.   

I wonder just how acceptable BT senior execs would find it if some of them were to be described in similarly disparaging terms by Sutton or by any other person employed by BT.     Envisage a Monday morning media televised meeting with the BT CEO and a journo decides to address him in similarly disparaging terms.   Wonder how long that interview would last and I wonder how long the journo would remain in a job after BT had contacted his/her employer.   

But BT senior execs are not just tolerating it from Sutton, their continued absence of any attempt to deal with him infers they condone the sort of things Sutton says.     

Sutton's carefully injected disrespectful jibe also invites retaliation.    Provokes it even.   Which is precisely the controversy he aims to generate...…….and which his paymasters at BT are tacitly happy to let happen.    For if they were not happy with the way Sutton operates then he would not be appearing on television screens.    Sutton and BT are a collective disgrace.  They do not know how to behave with integrity and have no intention of trying to.              

Archived