Left Back Position

MrMckee

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Better than him at left back? Lol that’s genuinely hilarious. 

In the games both have played so far this season? Withouta doubt. Overall and in the long run Barisic will be the better plater no one has said otherwise.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm more interested right now in who will do better than who will make more. Form player is Halliday.

In what planet has Andy Halliday shown he’s better than Barisic? Barisic is injured lol. Obviously he’s the form player when he’s playing. 

Absolute madness to suggest Halliday starts ahead of Barisic

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

In what planet has Andy Halliday shown he’s better than Barisic? Barisic is injured lol. Obviously he’s the form player when he’s playing. 

What games this season has Halliday not performed in? Barisic has had a couple of howlers

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

In what game has Barisic put in a performance like Halliday did v the scum?

So we agree he's the form player over a player with no form...

One of the 2 had excelled in every game played, won motm awards, scored goals, and not done a thing wrong. The other has shown some good form, been a bit up and down, probably not as good as hoped but enough to think he's the longer term answer for the system we want to play.

Hardly madness to suggest Halliday shouldn't keep his jersey for now.

One had a terrible performance against them in one of our weakest displays against them in years. The other lead the team like a fuckin boss to our nost dominant displays against them in years. I know which one would be in my team for now.

Barisic is a better LB than Halliday and when fit Barisic should start. Halliday is a good backup and will get his run in the team now because Barisic has a bad injury. It’s a good problem to have but not a hard choice for Gerrard to make.

If Barisic starts it's because of what we hope and think from flashes he can offer us. If Halliday starts it's because of what he has delivered on the park being good enough to rightly retain the jersey.

It's down to the gaffer and neither is really wrong or madness.

Halliday has done extremely  well recently but he is a squad player at best. Might sound harsh but we need better to win silverware 

Decent back up, but no more than that. If we want to be the best them we need to play our best players. No doubting his work rate or endeavour but quality counts too.

1 minute ago, Bearsden bear said:

Halliday has done extremely  well recently but he is a squad player at best. Might sound harsh but we need better to win silverware 

Decent back up, but no more than that. If we want to be the best them we need to play our best players. No doubting his work rate or endeavour but quality counts too.

Motm against league leaders and champions....

Our system won't suit a Halliday at left back in every game. But if we need better then they need to show they're better. I'm not sure Barisic has this season, Flanagan certainly hasn't.

Barisic had two good games before being injured. 

Wasn't great away to them (no one apart from McGregor was), same away at Livingston and Dundee. 

Think he needs a proper run before he can be judged, but wouldn't drop Halliday after the way he's been playing. 

He doesn't seem great defensively from what I've seen.

Think people rate him more from the game he played for Osijek, rather than his time here. 

2 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Barisic had two good games before being injured. 

Wasn't great away to them (no one apart from McGregor was), same away at Livingston and Dundee. 

Think he needs a proper run before he can be judged, but wouldn't drop Halliday after the way he's been playing. 

He doesn't seem great defensively from what I've seen.

Think people rate him more from the game he played for Osijek, rather than his time here. 

I personally  think he'll turn out a great signing. Consistant 7/10 like Papac. But untill Halliday stops his 8/10 performances he should start.

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Motm against league leaders and champions....

Our system won't suit a Halliday at left back in every game. But if we need better then they need to show they're better. I'm not sure Barisic has this season, Flanagan certainly hasn't.

Would put Halliday ahead of Flanagan  but think BB's delivery is so good that it puts him above Andy.

Halliday is versatile and will play a decent number of games but he shouldn'tve in the starting 11 if everyone is fit.

I don't want to list Andy's deficiencies and I'm happy he has an influence in the dressing room..

Barisic IS a left back and a quality one at that.

Halliday is not a left back, but is fucking good in it. He will remain the stand in for it.

There is more to come from Halliday, including in other positions. He will remain the go to guy when injuries or poor runs of form others come calling. Apart from the grit and leadership he showed against the scum, he put in some serious quality balls, that if we had someone with decent headng ability, they would have been buried. 

Actually showing he is an important cog in the wheel over a season. He is adding strength and depth to the squad and Gerrard has faith in him. He will remain while others are moved on and I welcome that. He's proving to be a bit of a late developer with good coaching, then who knows what is next.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

In the games bother have played this season,Halliday has been better.