BridgeIsBlue

Who's Next? Or Are We Done?

Davis will probably be announced tomorrow, but we still need a number 10 and there's been nobody linked so far who fills that role which is a worry. 

We have a real chance of doing something special in the 2nd half of this season, I just hope that we take true advantage of the state the beasts are in atm and get ourselves properly equipped for the assault on the title. 

Thoughts? 

I love carpet

I love desk

I love lamp

• Like 2

I reckon it'll depend on who goes out at this point.  We've replaced Ejaria and Sadiq man for man basically as it stands now.  Would like to think we'll bring in a number 10 but got a feeling it'll depend on Pena and Herrera.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Davis will probably be announced tomorrow, but we still need a number 10 and there's been nobody linked so far who fills that role which is a worry. 

We have a real chance of doing something special in the 2nd half of this season, I just hope that we take true advantage of the state the beasts are in atm and get ourselves properly equipped for the assault on the title. 

Thoughts? 

100% agree, no10 should have been top priority.

I don’t think we’ll do much more unless we unload some of the guff.

Hopefully get rid of some of the shite.

We primarily play 4-3-3 but I think we need the option of a number ten in the squad so we can change the system slightly when needed.

However I think we’ve done our business so I can see Dorrans being earmarked to be that number 10 option in our squad.

He’s probably not able to play 90 minutes now but he could probably play a more reduced role where he can come off the bench and sit behind a striker or start a gam and play 60 minutes or so.

It’s not what I would do but with the number of centre midfielders we have and Davis to come in too I don’t see another player coming in.

Think that’s us tbh. More a case of offloading the shite we have, hopefully turning some loans we have out permanent, getting others out the door forever and getting a couple of young players some game time elsewhere. 

I am more than happy if that's all we get. We said we needed goals and better creativity and we've definitely delivered on that. Davis might not be a #10 but I don't think we *need* that. It would be better maybe, but Davis brings someone who is a good passer of the ball, and that's also what we've needed.

Jack and McCrorie are good engine room midfielders, Arfield has been good at getting about and popping up with a goal or two, but none of our midfielders are particularly great on the ball or have a good range of passing. Davis has that, and will chip in with some assists. He was pretty creative in his first spell and he can thread a pass. I think We'll play Jack furthest back, Arfield the one to break into the box and Davis in the middle to thread the play and I think it'll work pretty well, certainly better than the first half of the season.

Another thing I've been thinking about creativity wise is Defoe. Morelos is great but not so much with the ball at his feet. Sure he's good going down the channel and using his strength to get past players, but Defoe is good with the ball at his feet and I think we'll have more going through the middle with him, he'll be able to take the ball, dribble and play nice passes himself, whereas Morelos might just use his strength to hold it up and play it backwards to someone, Defoe might be able to dribble a bit more and slide balls through for wingers running on etc.

Either way, we've added 2 pieces of quality and I can't complain about signing Davis and Defoe. 

Who are people proposing we don’t play to accommodate the 10 anyway? 

Davis? Arfield? Kent?

Attacking midfielder to pick out the chances we need against the defensive teams.  Get a player capable of doing that and those points dropped against hibs motherwell Aberdeen Kilmarnock Dundee etc could have been wins.  

• Like 2

Just now, GetToTheChoppa said:

Dorrans will play number 10 if he's ever fit again

So we need a number 10 then. 

• Like 4

The best central attacking midfielder we can find.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Thoughts? 

We don't play with a number 10, it's not the system we use. 

I'm very pleased with the business we've already made ...... but agree we might need cover for Katic as there seems to be an issue with the big mans attitude/fitness.

Attacking mid for sure. Left back cover maybe too.

One of the American trailist's was a left back?

Keep all our key players and maybe a decent number 10 while getting shite off our books and we have had some window 🇬🇧

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Attacking mid for sure. Left back cover maybe too.

One of the American trailist's was a left back?

What happened with Gutman the American left back?🤔

• Like 2

I wouldn't be happy if that was our business done, we've only brought in 2 players, granted they are 2 good players but we've not spent a penny. 

Offload a couple and spend a couple million on a no 10 then I'd be happy. 

I know wages come in to play and the two boys in the summer before the smart arse replies come.