Kamara

On 10/01/2019 at 12:26, Siwel said:

Aye, 3 decent players in about 20 years

Considering at that time they were bringing in players like Kinkladze, Canniga etc, so not bad that they managed to pluck a player out the lower divisions to play alongside quality like that. 

On 11/01/2019 at 09:54, DBBTB said:

We were talking about old World Cup’s just before the one in the Summer started and I brought up the 2002 World Cup to a boy at my work who is 19 and he immediately cut me off and said he didn’t know anything about that World Cup or real Ronaldo because by the time he was old enough to understand football properly he was already fat old and washed up. Made me feel old as fuck tbh.

Had this at work too haha. Players like Lizarazu, Sagnol, Cameronesi, Tomasson, Santa Cruz, Tristan etc. Boys in there early 20s or late teens don't know them. 

2 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Had this at work too haha. Players like Lizarazu, Sagnol, Cameronesi, Tomasson, Santa Cruz, Tristan etc. Boys in there early 20s or late teens don't know them. 

Makes you think of how these players would do today. How much would Roberto Carlos or Lizarazu be worth today? 

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1079301/Rangers-transfer-news-Glen-Kamara-Dundee 

Rangers transfer news: Rangers make Glen Kamara offer to bring transfer forward

Rangers have offered Dundee £50,000 to take Glen Kamara to Ibrox before the transfer window closes on Thursday.

By SCOTT BURNS

PUBLISHED: 08:35, Tue, Jan 29, 2019 | UPDATED: 08:41, Tue, Jan 29, 2019

The midfielder, 23, is already committed to joining Steven Gerrard’s team this summer after signing a pre-contract agreement, but the Light Blues hope their cash incentive can get him in the door this week.

Dundee boss Jim McIntyre has admitted it would be in all parties’ best interests if Finland international Kamara moved this month.

McIntyre could use the fee to freshen up his squad as he bids to get them out of the Premiership relegation zone.

Rangers are unlikely to go much higher than £50,000 and are prepared to wait until the end of the season to get their man if it is not accepted.

Gerrard had initially tried to do a loan swap for Kamara but a deal couldn’t be agreed.

Dundee turned down several options and were then knocked back when they asked about Ross McCrorie’s availability.

Kamara, who moved to Dens Park from Arsenal two seasons ago, has not been in the Dark Blues’ match-day squad for any of their three games this year.

Alfredo Morelos, meanwhile, is unlikely to leave Ibrox this month, despite being an £8million target for Nice.

The French club’s valuation is well below what Gers would be prepared to accept for their top scorer, who is also being monitored by clubs in England.

2 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1079301/Rangers-transfer-news-Glen-Kamara-Dundee 

Rangers transfer news: Rangers make Glen Kamara offer to bring transfer forward

Rangers have offered Dundee £50,000 to take Glen Kamara to Ibrox before the transfer window closes on Thursday.

By SCOTT BURNS

PUBLISHED: 08:35, Tue, Jan 29, 2019 | UPDATED: 08:41, Tue, Jan 29, 2019

The midfielder, 23, is already committed to joining Steven Gerrard’s team this summer after signing a pre-contract agreement, but the Light Blues hope their cash incentive can get him in the door this week.

Dundee boss Jim McIntyre has admitted it would be in all parties’ best interests if Finland international Kamara moved this month.

McIntyre could use the fee to freshen up his squad as he bids to get them out of the Premiership relegation zone.

Rangers are unlikely to go much higher than £50,000 and are prepared to wait until the end of the season to get their man if it is not accepted.

Gerrard had initially tried to do a loan swap for Kamara but a deal couldn’t be agreed.

Dundee turned down several options and were then knocked back when they asked about Ross McCrorie’s availability.

Kamara, who moved to Dens Park from Arsenal two seasons ago, has not been in the Dark Blues’ match-day squad for any of their three games this year.

Alfredo Morelos, meanwhile, is unlikely to leave Ibrox this month, despite being an £8million target for Nice.

The French club’s valuation is well below what Gers would be prepared to accept for their top scorer, who is also being monitored by clubs in England.

Gerrard just said as it stands both Jones and Kamara will be joining in the summer. 

Wouldn’t be the first time he’s said one thing and done the opposite though so who knows 🤣

On 11/01/2019 at 10:29, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

It was so much easier in the 50's/60's .... when you could not only pronounce the names of the players in Scottish teams .... but you had a fair idea of how to spell their names as well.

Xenophobia back then was not to be sniffed at ....:p:

Wonder did the EPL commentators have to go back to school,lol.

On 11/01/2019 at 10:29, Bobby Hume said:

:lol:

It was so much easier in the 50's/60's .... when you could not only pronounce the names of the players in Scottish teams .... but you had a fair idea of how to spell their names as well.

Xenophobia back then was not to be sniffed at ....:p:

I take Xenophobia is the name given to Columbian marching powder where you come from 😂

6 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

Why pay 50k for Kamara to come early when we could pull back Docherty for free? Is there that much difference in the two? Especially if it is to sit on the bench.

Why would we want docherty to come back and sit on the bench? Maybe Rossiter going out on loan this keeps up the same cover 

3 minutes ago, hooooootchy said:

Why would we want docherty to come back and sit on the bench? Maybe Rossiter going out on loan this keeps up the same cover 

I did think that agter I posted! 😁

In same vein why let Kamara sit on.the bench?  Assuming he wouldn't be first choice every week.

13 minutes ago, Blueshoff said:

I did think that agter I posted! 😁

In same vein why let Kamara sit on.the bench?  Assuming he wouldn't be first choice every week.

Think just cos the Dundee boss said it's in everyone's best interest to move him early, don't think he's even playing every week at Dundee. Let's him come to us get integrated into the team and system, act as cover if needed and ready to go straight away for next season. 

Only reasoning I can think of for bringing him early. Personally I don't think he needed just now