By fuck the 2013-14 squad was grim

beararse

Remember when people used to argue that that squad was the best in Scotland after celtic’s was? In hindsight it was absolutely stinking. :lol:

We really made a pigs ear of it by not playing our own youngsters and surrounding them with a few trusted players rather than signing “names” on big contracts but with the way we were being run by the board and managed by McCoist it’s a miracle we were able to even get a team out every week.

24 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Is there a correlation between that happening and the squad we had in2013/14 then?

In the early 80s the club was in a hell of a fucking mess, between 2012 and 2018 the club was also in a hell of a fucking mess, sounds like a correlation although the reasons for the mess were different.

16 hours ago, beararse said:

Stumbled on this tonight when looking for a stat and thought it served as a counterpoint to where we find ourselves right now. 

That squad still frightens the bejesus out me.

It’s like we became a fucking donkey sanctuary, but with an ‘only lame donkeys’ policy. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013–14_Rangers_F.C._season#Players

Son's crying now Thanks

image.thumb.png.456764c499d9b70eda719c30187e8e00.png

6 hours ago, EatDolphins said:

Big Sebastian Faure was my Capitan for 12 years in FM. 

I'm real life I think he now sells baguettes from bike. 

No having that at all. Seb would have been far too scared to ride a bike. Poor guy always looked terrified when the ball came near him.

7 hours ago, EatDolphins said:

Big Sebastian Faure was my Capitan for 12 years in FM. 

I'm real life I think he now sells baguettes from bike. 

Clicked on them all and they are all either not playing or playing a lower level that they were with us. Only a few seasons ago!

6 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

First name I noticed was Craig Halkett on that list. Don't think he played a single game for us prior to being released?

Fair play to him, Livi captain now and looks decent.

The amount for decent youngsters we had in that squad wouldve got us promoted through the leagues with ease and made them battle-hardened for the Prem. But Ally had other ideas and brought in that shower of shite from the prem and whoever that shite agent recommended.....

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The amount for decent youngsters we had in that squad wouldve got us promoted through the leagues with ease and made them battle-hardened for the Prem. But Ally had other ideas and brought in that shower of shite from the prem and whoever that shite agent recommended.....

We bought so much fucking crap, it was like burning money - we had a clean slate and money in the bank only for it to be wasted on the likes of Kevin Kyle who is now a fucking trawlerman I believe.